Leisure Centres in Belfast

Started by DirtyDozen12, January 14, 2010, 07:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Can anyone recommend any good leisure centres where you can go in for a swim or book a court for badminton or the likes in the Belfast area without having to be a member of the centre?  Something like Omagh lesiure centre or Enniskillen Lakeland forum where you can book in advance or just call in, pay at the desk and go for a swim?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Minder

You can do that in any Belfast City Council leisure centre.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mournerambler

The best one is called Iris Robinson!

David McKeown

I always found Lisburn leisure centre very good value for those kind of things. Pool can be very busy though. 
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stiffler

Quote from: David McKeown on January 14, 2010, 09:22:35 PM
I always found Lisburn leisure centre very good value for those kind of things. Pool can be very busy though.

weres there not an employee brought up recently for indecent charges?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

David McKeown

May well have been haven't used the pool in years
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Puckoon

As Captain Boyle would have said - An auld butty o'mine used to work there. Found a shite at the bottom of the pool.

Now thats going back a few years, but there you are and there you go.

Orior

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 14, 2010, 07:59:03 PM
Can anyone recommend any good leisure centres where you can go in for a swim or book a court for badminton or the likes in the Belfast area without having to be a member of the centre?  Something like Omagh lesiure centre or Enniskillen Lakeland forum where you can book in advance or just call in, pay at the desk and go for a swim?

Feck the badminton. Get a squash court ye boy ye.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Over the Bar

The Lisburn leisure plex is worth the extra drive.  £2.90 for a swim and the pool and facilities are excellent.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 14, 2010, 10:59:20 PM
The Lisburn leisure plex is worth the extra drive.  £2.90 for a swim and the pool and facilities are excellent.
Does that include the slides?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on January 14, 2010, 10:11:58 PM
As Captain Boyle would have said - An auld butty o'mine used to work there. Found a shite at the bottom of the pool.

I know someone that worked in a swimming pool for few years, I stopped swimming after some of the stories....

Shite in the pool was not uncommon, in fact, it was very common! It would just be scooped out and if it broke up...tough

and the water was only changed once a week, no matter what was found in it during the week.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2010, 12:14:55 AM

I know someone that worked in a swimming pool for few years, I stopped swimming after some of the stories....

Shite in the pool was not uncommon, in fact, it was very common! It would just be scooped out and if it broke up...tough

and the water was only changed once a week, no matter what was found in it during the week.

ach swimming in the sea is worse...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Kevin Webster

Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 15, 2010, 12:38:01 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 15, 2010, 12:14:55 AM

ach swimming in the sea is worse...
Lough neagh is the worrssttt

longrunsthefox

Kevin Webster

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 17, 2010, 12:35:23 AM
Is it a PM you're after  ::)
Yes, I want a prime minister. Right now. Send me one.