Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Jinxy on October 31, 2010, 04:45:12 PM
Which one of them McGourtys is the lad we're always told is a superstar?

It could be either Kevin or CJ.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

whiskeysteve

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 31, 2010, 04:27:01 PM
  If Burren come through they will be confident going into the game.

coleraine would roll over and die
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 31, 2010, 05:03:21 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 31, 2010, 04:27:01 PM
  If Burren come through they will be confident going into the game.

coleraine would roll over and die

I don't know anything about Coleraine so they are a complete unknown.  If they beat Burren then they will need to be respected.  I am simply working on the basis that Burren's tradition will make them a tough proposition.

whiskeysteve

coleraine have a tradition of surfing that has to be respected. and a corner back who toured the U.S. as a drummer for famed punk rock outfit 'P45'
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

thewobbler

Fair play to Cross. Unrecognisable from the team of 3 years ago, but you knew from 10 minutes in they were going to win.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 31, 2010, 03:15:16 PM
Entertaining viewing. Although i'm not sure McQuillan is as bad as people are saying - there are a lot of fairly ruthless 'challenges' going on in there. And the pentalty call was sopt on. The second red was clearly the player's fault.
Did you see the hurling after, McQuillan would have only the keepers left. A poor display from the ref in a hard hitting but fairly clean game. He let McGourty away with an elbow and sent Cross' midfielder of for a mistimed shoulder which was at worst a second yellow if that. Gall's penalty was soft... some homer.

Applesisapples

Quote from: The Worker on October 31, 2010, 04:18:15 PM
No real challenge in the Antrim championship mixed with an inability to cope with Cross' robust rearguard was the downfall of the all ireland champions.
Puts into perspective a soft AI last year.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: The Worker on October 31, 2010, 04:24:07 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2010, 04:19:22 PM
No real challenge in the Antrim championship mixed with an inability to cope with Cross' robust rearguard was the downfall of the all ireland champions.
There is never a challenge in Antrim for them though, they are well used to it by now.
As opposed to Cross' passage to this stage I am referring to.
Did St John's not give them a game in Antrim this year?
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 31, 2010, 06:17:17 PM
Puts into perspective a soft AI last year.
Stupid comment. Could easily say Cross have had a bye into the Ulster for the last 15 odd years then!? Although we know that isn't the case. Fair play to Cross they were immense today.

Sheedy

fair play to cross. thought st galls would have had too much for them. cross will take some beating now. another ulster and AI title beckons on that performace.
nil satis nisi optimum

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 31, 2010, 06:35:53 PM
fair play to cross. thought st galls would have had too much for them. cross will take some beating now. another ulster and AI title beckons on that performace.

Let's not get carried away now.  I doubt if Coleraine or Burren will be easily beaten.  Also is was easy for Cross to get motivated for a home game against the AI champions.  This is bonus territory for them now as they are still very young and they will be missing Johnny Hanratty and Jamie for the next game.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 31, 2010, 06:44:16 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on October 31, 2010, 06:35:53 PM

Let's not get carried away now.  I doubt if Coleraine or Burren will be easily beaten.  Also is was easy for Cross to get motivated for a home game against the AI champions.  This is bonus territory for them now as they are still very young and they will be missing Johnny Hanratty and Jamie for the next game.

How are they very young?
Paul Hearty..32
Paul Kernan 24
Aaron Kernan 27
Brendan McKeown 30
David McKenna 24
Johnny Hanratty 23
Micky McNamee.. 26
Stephen Kernan 27
Tony Kernan 23
Oisin McConville 35
Francie Bellew 35
John McEntee 34

Young  My Arse!

fitzroyalty

Having seen a number of club championship games around Ulster this year can say with ease that Burren were the best team to watch from a spectator's point of view. Big strong team that play really attractive football - I fancy them to get past Coleraine but only just... Burren v Cross would def be some game and would draw a huge crowd. I think Naomh Conaill will see off Coalisland, Tyrone champions never really seem to be up to much when it comes to the provincial stage and I reckon the glenties forwards will be too strong for C'island.

fitzroyalty

brokencrossbar1

team that started

James Morgan 19
paul Mc keown 22
Danny O C   21
Stephen Finnegan  22
Aaron cunningham   20
Franny hanratty 20

Outside of Hearty, Oisin, Mickey Mac SK and AK the rest of the starting 15 are under 24.  that is young.