Fundraising Ideas

Started by Norf Tyrone, February 05, 2007, 11:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

We have been organising our Jigs for 3 weeks now.  We are 7 couples paired off and are hoping for 1 or 2 more.  We have a non dancer paired with someone from a dancing background.  The people with dance background were hard to find.  Pairing them off was difficult, hopefully now that that is done things will start to take shape.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

DownFanatic

Dundrum ran a Live Pig Racing Event coupled with a Family Funday a couple of weekends ago. By all accounts it was unbelieveably successful.

Celt_Man

Quote from: amallon on October 08, 2009, 10:14:02 AM
Lads any new ideas coming up on the fundraising front?  We are doing Jigs and Reels in November but need to be thinking of something else for the new year.  Has anyone done "Who wants to be a thousandaire" recently?  This thread was dated in 07 when things economically a bit better.  I wonder if it would still draw the crowds?

We have had two x-factors which both did well but the second wasn't as successfull as the first.
Aye our club ran it back at the start of the summer and made a nice few bob on it... lot of work involved but good way to raise money and a serious night's craic too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

tyrone86

Quote from: full back on October 08, 2009, 11:56:49 AM
Quote from: Rois on October 08, 2009, 11:00:29 AM
Am I right in thinking Clann na Gael in Lurgan have a boxing thing this weekend?

There is a boxing night on this weekend, but it is in Armagh City Hotel

It features boxers from many of the clubs around the county fighting against each other

£30 a ticket, not too bad for what should be a good nights entertainment especially if there is a boxer from your club fighting

Funny that this should be mentioned, was flicking through the paper today and noticed about one of these boxing nights coming up at another venue. Had a look at the card to see how many lads I knew were boxing on it and noticed that one of our more esteemed board members was on the card!

redcard

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 09, 2009, 01:01:18 AM
Am I right in thinking Clann na Gael in Lurgan have a boxing thing this weekend?

It features boxers from many of the clubs around the county fighting against each other

£30 a ticket, not too bad for what should be a good nights entertainment especially if there is a boxer from your club fighting

Funny that this should be mentioned, was flicking through the paper today and noticed about one of these boxing nights coming up at another venue. Had a look at the card to see how many lads I knew were boxing on it and noticed that one of our more esteemed board members was on the card!

Who ricey or fearon

tyrone86

Quote from: redcard on October 09, 2009, 01:58:31 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on October 09, 2009, 01:01:18 AM

Who ricey or fearon

Neither of those lads, although I'd say it'll be a case of form an orderly queue if the opportunity did arise.  :D

I think Ricey was to be fighting Shane Goan in a similar event, I'd say it's off now as it's before the County Final

meatsy86

We done the jigs and reels in our club back in august, i can honestly say it was one of the best nights we've ever had in the club, capacity crowd of about 580-600 on the night. we had 13 couples paired off a dancer with a non-dancer. took about 11 weeks rehearsals for it to come off well, but was well worth it in the end.

armagh leg-end

this is been run by the armagh county board to fundraise for underage development. their was something similar run to this last year by keady boxing club(?) i think.

as far as i know their is 1200 going tomorrow night!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Superstar

Folks, im intriqued by this "who wants to be a thousandaire" idea.

Perhaps someone who had helped run an event like this before could provide us with some more information on it. How it works, cost ect
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

Celt_Man

Quote from: Superstar on October 13, 2009, 11:42:53 PM
Folks, im intriqued by this "who wants to be a thousandaire" idea.

Perhaps someone who had helped run an event like this before could provide us with some more information on it. How it works, cost ect

Pallas marketing was the crew we got in to run our thousandaire show - very impressive set up, everything professional very few complaints.... this is their website http://www.thousandaire.ie/index.php

PM me if you want any more specific details
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Leo

Best one I cam across last year was the Armagh Raceday run by Magee  Events from Newry- most impressive but big numbers needed.
Fierce tame altogether

the waffler

Quote from: Orior on February 05, 2007, 10:57:03 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on February 05, 2007, 11:39:01 AM
Highly recommended though be warned a there's a lot of work involved.....if you decide to go with it and if you listen to the advice these guys give you you could make 30 grand on this.

http://www.thousandaire.ie/

Hey 5 Sams, I'm orgainising one of those and we're using Pallas. Any tips?
orior think i will give it a go aswell have you made contact whats involved if you could give me  a headsup would be great