All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Congratulations to Crossmaglen Rangers. A superb achievement. Francie, John McEntee and Oisin deserve a great send-off.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Well done Cross, I'm amazed they won it to be brutally honest having watched them from the first round in the Armagh SFC, amazing achievement. 

Tony Mac for Armagh!

ardchieftain

Well done Cross, a well deserved victory.

That Jamie Clarke boyo is special, can't wait to see him back in the orange jersey. As for Oisin, i think he proved today that he has plenty more football in him !

McEntee, Armagh manager in waiting.

One thing that irritated me today was the ref, frees given for nothing and needless dishing out of yellow cards.

BennyHarp

Well done to Crossmaglen, it's some achievement to win an all Ireland club championship, and it can put down to a great bunch of players, but to come back with virtually a new team a few years later and win it again takes some doing! Congratulations to all involved, they really do set the benchmark for all clubs!
That was never a square ball!!

thewobbler

On paper today's XMG team doesn't have the individual talent of it's predecessors. But paper really doesn't matter compared to simple mastery of the basics. Fair fucks to Cross as a team and a club. A lot of people - and a lot of managers - will try to make our game a complex one. But if you stop attacks in the bud, and launch attacks before they van be nipped in the bud, then you will normally win. Cross have this down to a fine art.

Cold tea

Quote from: bennydorano on March 17, 2011, 08:06:55 PM
Well done Cross, I'm amazed they won it to be brutally honest having watched them from the first round in the Armagh SFC, amazing achievement. 

Tony Mac for Armagh!

This is now like your signature tune, you can only beat who you are playing - armagh club football is shite!

ogshead

Quote from: Cold tea on March 18, 2011, 12:01:05 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 17, 2011, 08:06:55 PM

Tony Mac for Armagh!

This is now like your signature tune, you can only beat who you are playing - armagh club football is shite!

Well done to Cross today. Great achievement.

Cold Tea, when was the last time you went to an Armagh club match. Cross didn't get it easy in any of Armagh championship games in season just gone and those tough games set them on their way. Cullyhanna and Dromintee will both feel that they could have beaten them.

The season before we had our chance to beat St Galls who went on to win the All Ireland as well. I think Armagh club football isn't as bad as a lot of people make out and your just a shit stirrer.

Groucho

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

HiMucker

Jamie Clarke said after the match in the interview "Once we won back OUR county championship...."  Think that says it all about the winning mind set that is now installed in the young players coming through.  Success breads success

Joxer

Fair play to Crossmaglen!

Excellent achievement! 

Midman

anywhere online i can watch a replay of the game??

Milltown Row2

Two great games yesterday, on Cross's game I thought the lad Clarke was the difference between the two sides. A great outlet for the defence, defenders love seeing a player show for the ball and he did that all day, took his points well and his goal was well taken also.

Cross have certainly deserved to win this All Ireland and look like a team that will be there for most years to come. Fair Fcuks to them.

We had a sevens tournament yesterday, club men only, so about 100 odd players parents and members down. Everyone was saying that they had to get back at Croke one more time with the current team. Cross though won't be letting that happen any day soon :( :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quoteanywhere online i can watch a replay of the game??

http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=sport&content=530647968769

QuoteTwo great games yesterday, on Cross's game I thought the lad Clarke was the difference between the two sides. A great outlet for the defence, defenders love seeing a player show for the ball and he did that all day, took his points well and his goal was well taken also

I actually think Kilbride was a great outlet for Brigid's, so both had a target man. Cross had more men around theirs though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Certainly, For me Kilbride was man of the match with his scoring of 8 points and had they won he would have won MOTM.

But Clarke mostly played out field and that's were he won ball, was if the lad marking him didn't want to attack the ball and would have rather tried to win back possession, very difficult to do.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mackers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2011, 01:13:17 PM
Two great games yesterday, on Cross's game I thought the lad Clarke was the difference between the two sides. A great outlet for the defence, defenders love seeing a player show for the ball and he did that all day, took his points well and his goal was well taken also.
100% agree. Oisin was/is the most important club player of his generation and it looks like Cross have a ready made replacement. While he has a way to go to be as good as him, he's very Cooper-esque in his movement.  He's going to be a good un!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.