All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

17-03-11 (Thursday)

All Ireland Senior Hurling Final
Clarinbridge(Galway) v O`Loughlin Gaels(Kilkenny)
2-00pm   Croke Park
Referee: Johnny Ryan

All Ireland Senior Football Final
St Bridgid's(Roscommon) v Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh)
3-45pm   Croke Park
Referee: Cormac Reilly

ross4life

I see it's 25 euro for stand tickets for the final do they open up Hill 16?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

crossdoesitbest

Just heard that Danny O'Callaghan won his appeal last nite and is free to play in the final! Very unlike the GAA to act so quickly, but fair play to them!

brokencrossbar1

Anyone interested in this game at all?

Nerves getting to me already, I have to say that I am really looking forward to the game. There will be very little between the teams and we have it all to do to win but I believe in the lads. Having Danny available is a big thing as he does such a simple and crucial role. People don't often see how he just sits there and closes the gap very well. Big games needed from the MF's and if they are at their game then I reckon there will be only one result.

Milltown Row2

Ross its finals!! 25 Euro for the Paddy's finals. The hurling game will be hard to call. Gaels have not started their games well and this could be their downfall should the Bridge get off to a flyer. Would be some feat for Alan Kerins having won the football against us a few years ago with Salthill. The football is easier to call IMO, after beating the All Ireland Champions on their own patch!! I have said that Cross will win it this year.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2011, 11:16:47 AM
Ross its finals!! 25 Euro for the Paddy's finals. The hurling game will be hard to call. Gaels have not started their games well and this could be their downfall should the Bridge get off to a flyer. Would be some feat for Alan Kerins having won the football against us a few years ago with Salthill. The football is easier to call IMO, after beating the All Ireland Champions on their own patch!! I have said that Cross will win it this year.

We would have to be slight favourites but Brigids have beaten a strong Killererin team and a very strong Nemo side who had already beaten many people's favourites Dr Crokes.  It is hard enough to call and much will depend on who adapts best to playing in Croke Park.  There's plenty of experience in the St Brigid's side in the Dolans and Mannion and that will stand them in good stead.  To hard to call in my view.

drici

Jamie_Clarke
'Getting the feel for Croker today....29 mins and 59 seconds on the field!'

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2011, 11:16:47 AM

I understand the finals were 20 euro last year. of course you think Cross will win (most nordies do) & you only wanted St Brigid's to beat Nemo because you believe it will be a cake walk for Cross.

I just hope the Cross players have the same attitude.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Denn Forever

Do St. Brigids need Cross to have an off day to win?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

drici

ross4life

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 12, 2011, 08:43:23 PM

I don't think so but you can be sure it will be there main excuse if St brigids manage to pull off almighty shock.

oakleafgael

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2011, 10:27:08 PM

I don't think so but you can be sure it will be there main excuse if St brigids manage to pull off almighty shock.

Crossmaglen are many things but if they are beat on the day they wont be using any excuses. Why the chip on your shoulder?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2011, 10:27:08 PM

Get over yourself, if we're beaten on the day sin é, best teams win and that is that.  There will be no "almighty shock" as you said.  Any team that gets to a final gets there on merit and deserves to be there and deserves to be respected.  Nemo may have had the arrogance to underestimate St Brigids, won't happen a second team.  I hope it is a great game, I hope that the best team wins and I hope that is us. 

PadraicHenryPearse

Glad you say that BCB but thats not how the Crossmaglen supporters felt in 07 when you beat us in Mullingar. Any supporters (Cross) i talked to after that match were very condescending, comments like wondering why they came down, they should have waited for the final to travel , how it was easy, wondering how we got out of Roscommon never mind connaught and slagging of a number of our players. It wasn't even like you walked that game you only won by a goal. It left a very sour taste and i am delighted that we have a chance now to play you in the Final.

May the best team on the day win and hopefully it will be Brigids.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 13, 2011, 09:23:56 AM
Glad you say that BCB but thats not how the Crossmaglen supporters felt in 07 when you beat us in Mullingar. Any supporters (Cross) i talked to after that match were very condescending, comments like wondering why they came down, they should have waited for the final to travel , how it was easy, wondering how we got out of Roscommon never mind connaught and slagging of a number of our players. It wasn't even like you walked that game you only won by a goal. It left a very sour taste and i am delighted that we have a chance now to play you in the Final.

May the best team on the day win and hopefully it will be Brigids.

That is not usual as while we have our quota of gobshites, the majority of Cross people are respectful of the opposition.  the other thing too is that there is a different approach with this team than before, a bit of a re-birthing if you may, and there is a back to basics approach which has paid dividends.  I would hate to think that what you describe is what people think of Cross because the people within the club, involved in teams etc, are not like that at all.