All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If Brigids were playing Kilmacud I wouldn't give them much of a chance but it's all to play for now so I hope they go out and throw the kitchen sink at Crossmaglen.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2011, 07:29:08 PM
If Brigids were playing Kilmacud I wouldn't give them much of a chance but it's all to play for now so I hope they go out and throw the kitchen sink at Crossmaglen.

You really have a bee in your bonnet about us Jinxy, did a Cross man steal your woman or something? 

Have to say that the lads showed great character coming back from 6 points down twice so this will be a great boost to them.  They are still very young so the final will be a big step for many of them.  frankie and Karol Mannion and Garvan Dolan will be a serious threat among some other very good ST Brigids players.

Orior

Nice to see John McEntee is still popping up with the spectacular. This time though, his kick at a point was spectacularly wide, going across the field instead on towards the goalposts.

Dont worry John - you're still our hero!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

A free one for Cross. Reminds me of last years line up. Can't see St B's getting within four points.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

How many points did Brian Kavanagh score today has been scoring a good average each game & i wonder will the Dubs try to nick him?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jinxy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2011, 07:36:42 PM

You really have a bee in your bonnet about us Jinxy, did a Cross man steal your woman or something?

Have to say that the lads showed great character coming back from 6 points down twice so this will be a great boost to them.  They are still very young so the final will be a big step for many of them.  frankie and Karol Mannion and Garvan Dolan will be a serious threat among some other very good ST Brigids players.

Not really.
I just hate to see the better team lose.

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 27, 2011, 07:37:57 PM
A free one for Cross. Reminds me of last years line up. Can't see St B's getting within four points.

Weren't St. Galls the first ever Antrim team to win the All Ireland last year?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2011, 07:45:42 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2011, 07:36:42 PM

Not really.
I just hate to see the better team lose.

Hmmmmm...so if we're the better team in the final you would be happy then?  I think you'll find that it is very rare that the better team loses.  The two teams were very evenly matched today and discipline let KC down.  You don't score 2-11 and come back from 6 points down twice and not be considered a good team. 

Jinxy

Crokes had a man sent off for nothing.
Their keeper handed you a goal on a plate.
They ran out of steam at the end as they were a man down for most of the game.
They are a better team than Crossmaglen and I think it would have been a great achievement to reach the final given that they are missing so many players.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2011, 07:54:26 PM
Crokes had a man sent off for nothing.  Debateable but he had been booked and should have been more careful
Their keeper handed you a goal on a plate.  Mistakes happen in games, its not our fault, Colm Coyle's ball bounced over the goal in 1996.
They ran out of steam at the end as they were a man down for most of the game.  Management should have made the correct subs then
They are a better team than Crossmaglen and I think it would have been a great achievement to reach the final given that they are missing so many players.  Not our problem, we won games this year without our best players, that's part of the game.

I'll ask you again, if we are the better team in the Final would you be happy to see us win?

Jinxy

No.
Cross have won it loads of times.
Let the Roscommon lads win if ye have any decency.

bennydorano

Something up with David Mckenna? Poor show, he's like a boy who thinks too much about things

orangeman

Bogball XV

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 27, 2011, 07:37:57 PM
a bit dismissive there?  Brigids ran them close enough a few years ago, both teams have a few changes since then, Cross are weaker, don't think Brigids are.

Armaghgeddon

If Cross played the entire game they would have beat Kilmacud with 15 men each. Crossmaglen have beaten teams with a man less than the opposition, Kilmacud shot themselves in the foot numerous times today. Kilmacud only have themselves to blame for losing today regardless of referee errors. To throw away a six point lead once is dangerous but they did it twice.  Cross today showed why they are one of the greatest club teams ever in Ireland.

As for Cross, they should have won by a 4-5 points towards end. I thought they made some poor decisions in front of goal in the second half, they could have had 2/3 points but instead they wanted to go for goal.

Kilmacud should have ran away with it in the first half, 6 points to nothing in the opening ten minutes, and then a goal at end of first half and the 6 point lead restored. If Kilmacud kept their full 15 on the pitch it would have been a different story, at times they just kicked the ball into forwards and they would put it over with ease. However Cross upped the tempo in second half and worked a lot harder than in the first.