All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Can;t believe I forgot this game was on... sitting watching the Premiership like a bollox....

But from my  pigeon Irish, did Sice not get a yellow in the first 60 and then that yellow he got in extra time shouldn't be his second one because it is deemed a new game and so he sholdn't get off..  If I picked it up right, that is a terrible and outrageous decision for a ref to get wrong in an All Ireland Final
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

GAA_Punter

AIB All-Ireland club semi-final (60min)
Corofin (Galway)1-10 1-11 St. Gall's (Antrim), Parnell Park Extra time 7 min
Corofin down to 14men for Extra time , St Galls played most of second half with 14men but play with 15

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/02/27/weekend-gaa-fixtures-live-scores-team-news-27th-28th-february/

RedandGreenSniper

I think we're onto something with this  second yellow. Replay if Corofin lose perhaps?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 27, 2010, 09:04:11 PM
Can;t believe I forgot this game was on... sitting watching the Premiership like a bollox....

But from my  pigeon Irish, did Sice not get a yellow in the first 60 and then that yellow he got in extra time shouldn't be his second one because it is deemed a new game and so he sholdn't get off..  If I picked it up right, that is a terrible and outrageous decision for a ref to get wrong in an All Ireland Final

I thought that the cards carried over alright into ET.

orangeman

Jesus Christ - Kieran Fitzgerald just struck and he throws the ball up.

FFS    ???

Send for Mick Curley !!!!!

RedandGreenSniper

Fitzy could have went there. Lucky. Referee trying to work out in his head who he has screwed the most and make all subsequent decisions to try to balance matters. The Gardai might want to be on standby for after the final whistle.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ceol agus peil

Cormac Reilly (Meath) is the referee. Does quite a bit of inter-county recently and in particular the Donegal v Westmeath game he was very strict in enforcing the new rules. Might explain him not giving the square ball.
Sent from my iphone

fitzroyalty

One of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen  ???

Square Ball

I am listening to the commentry on radio Ulster, and watching TG4 with the sound off
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2010, 09:05:25 PM

I thought that the cards carried over alright into ET.

Well why would the sending off not?
Not saying you are wrong but surely this is unfair.

orangeman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 27, 2010, 09:07:56 PM
Fitzy could have went there. Lucky. Referee trying to work out in his head who he has screwed the most and make all subsequent decisions to try to balance matters. The Gardai might want to be on standby for after the final whistle.

He struck - simple as that !

Where's the CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC ??

Square Ball

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 27, 2010, 09:09:16 PM
One of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen  ???

wouldnt go that far, a bad ref..... keeper now playing full forward
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Archie Mitchell

This phrase of extra time being a "new game" is a load of bollix! The only thing that changes is that teams can go back to 15 men if they had any sent off, and they can make as many changes as they want as was proved in the minor quarter final between Kerry and Roscommon this year.

Reilly is a poor ref though. Seen enough of him trying to give Mayo the Minor All-Ireland in the replay in 2008 with alot of easy free's for Mayo that day. He knew himself too as he bolted for the tunnel before he even blew the full time whistle.

GAA_Punter

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.