Obama - the BlackBush

Started by Main Street, January 08, 2010, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

QuoteCorrect me if I'm wrong, but did Obama not run on Afghanistan being the correct and just war?

Does the bombing of innocents with Drones in Pakistan fall into that category...is that suddenly
OK now too with the liberal war machine  ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2010, 01:38:50 AM
Oliver Stone warns that the same military industrial complex forces that he's explored in movies such as "JFK" and in "Secret History," are now corrupting Barack Obama.

"You can understand why Obama is following in Bush's footsteps in Afghanistan," he said.
Does anyone actually give a damn Zig what an idiot that empathizes with Stalin, Mao and Hitler thinks
about anything  ???
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 01:58:53 AM
QuoteCorrect me if I'm wrong, but did Obama not run on Afghanistan being the correct and just war?

Does the bombing of innocents with Drones in Pakistan fall into that category...is that suddenly
OK now too with the liberal war machine  ::)

As if you give a f**k. You'd be the first one calling him weak if he called off the drone campaign, which the likes of McCain came out in full support of a few days ago while the Pakistanis themselves are looking for the technology so they can use it themselves instead of allowing the US forces in. Besides, the left has been pretty much against the escalation anyway, while the Democrats in general are evenly split. Its among Republicans where a large majority support it.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 03:21:20 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2010, 01:38:50 AM
Oliver Stone warns that the same military industrial complex forces that he's explored in movies such as "JFK" and in "Secret History," are now corrupting Barack Obama.

"You can understand why Obama is following in Bush's footsteps in Afghanistan," he said.
Does anyone actually give a damn Zig what an idiot that empathizes with Stalin, Mao and Hitler thinks
about anything  ???

Are you not to going to use Stone's stick to beat Obama with?

As for Stone himself, its "empathize", not "sympathize" i.e. (when comparing it to his movie on Bush) "I'm trying to understand somebody I thoroughly despised." Mainly, he's probably trying to hype his new series, and I'm sure he will be very successful once the backlash from all directions begins!

It may turn out to be utter bollocks (would it really have been that easy to just take Hitler out, as he suggested in the press conference, seemingly suggesting that companies like GM and IBM were funding the Nazis), but Stone is nothing if not interesting.

Tyrones own

QuoteAs if you give a f**k. You'd be the first one calling him weak if he called off the drone campaign, which the likes of McCain came out in full support of a few days ago while the Pakistanis themselves are looking for the technology so they can use it themselves instead of allowing the US forces in. Besides, the left has been pretty much against the escalation anyway, while the Democrats in general are evenly split. Its among Republicans where a large majority support it.

Ah but I'm not a patty cake playing lefty who were out in there droves across the country with their anti war rhetoric
when W was in charge when these type of attacks were going on...Maybe you'll remember they were labeled war crimes back then by people like yourself........Hypocrites ::)
Seriously though, where are the anti war brigade now ???
QuoteIts among Republicans where a large majority support it.
I'm not one of the young lads here on the board that knows no better...WTF say have the republicans
got in all of this :-X
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

You questioned the validity of Blag's statement last night..... :-[
What's your thoughts on the double standards now ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 04:44:20 AM
QuoteAs if you give a f**k. You'd be the first one calling him weak if he called off the drone campaign, which the likes of McCain came out in full support of a few days ago while the Pakistanis themselves are looking for the technology so they can use it themselves instead of allowing the US forces in. Besides, the left has been pretty much against the escalation anyway, while the Democrats in general are evenly split. Its among Republicans where a large majority support it.

Ah but I'm not a patty cake playing lefty who were out in there droves across the country with their anti war rhetoric
when W was in charge when these type of attacks were going on...Maybe you'll remember they were labeled war crimes back then by people like yourself........Hypocrites ::)
Seriously though, where are the anti war brigade now ???

When did I ever scream about war crimes to you? I wasn't out marching with the antiwar brigade, so what the f**k has it got to do with me? I had/have mixed feelings about the war and abhorr the deceitful build-up, but my problems with Bush and the Republicans in general lie mainly elsewhere.

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 04:44:20 AM
QuoteIts among Republicans where a large majority support it.
I'm not one of the young lads here on the board that knows no better...WTF say have the republicans
got in all of this :-X

Well with plenty of the Democrats against it, he would have had a hard time proceeding without their support, wouldn't he?

If I had the time, I could do exactly what you think you're so f**king clever at, and go searching for the latest hypocrisy/outrage from the Republicans and right wing and go "see, here, defend that, hypocrite". Fortunately, I've got better things to do. But hammer away.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 04:49:34 AM

I didn't question the validity of it. I said that you would question it if I presented him as a witness against a Republican. I then proceeded to say that if Reid had said what Blago said and didn't want an African American replacement for Obama, he should be finished. That clear enough for you?

And before you start on his other gaffe, it was an idiotic thing to say, even if quite a few are now saying (and have said e.g. Colin Powell) that his basic premise is true i.e. lighter-skinned African Americans are less prone to prejudice. Do I think it compares to George Allen making fun of an Indian kid by calling him "macaca" or Trent Lott wishing that the odious Strom Thurmond had won the presidency on a segregation platform in '48? Absolutely not, but if its going to be very damaging, he should do the decent thing and step aside as senate leader. 'Tis ironic how the right wing isn't too upset with Michael Steele referring to Native Americans as "injuns" on Hannity last week though.

Tyrones own

QuoteIf I had the time, I could do exactly what you think you're so f**king clever at, and go searching for the latest hypocrisy/outrage from the Republicans and right wing and go "see, here, defend that, hypocrite". Fortunately, I've got better things to do. But hammer away.
Oh Please..spare me the pity party, Obama has turned out exactly to a word what I've warned and argued back and forth
with your good self and the other playground bullies here for 18 months.... I know your a very busy man but if you
ever find the time, go back and read over some of that material.
"Searching for stuff" Baa :D FFS if you'd pull your head outa your hole and were paying even the slightest bit of attention
you'd know and admit that this Administration is so far out of control it's beyond belief :o
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on January 12, 2010, 05:10:52 AM

I didn't question the validity of it. I said that you would question it if I presented him as a witness against a Republican. I then proceeded to say that if Reid had said what Blago said and didn't want an African American replacement for Obama, he should be finished. That clear enough for you?

But what about the fact that the no morals bastard Dems are circling the wagons in defense of him.... yes the same fcuks that were delirious and couldn't see straight from their moral high ground in getting rid of Lott!!
What about Your hero Clintons "Coffee boy" remarks...  :-[
Cut the bullshit J and admit that if it had of been anybody but a liberal Democrat that made those comments, his feet wouldn't have touched the floor on the way out of office........A complete double standard here!
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 05:23:57 AM
QuoteIf I had the time, I could do exactly what you think you're so f**king clever at, and go searching for the latest hypocrisy/outrage from the Republicans and right wing and go "see, here, defend that, hypocrite". Fortunately, I've got better things to do. But hammer away.
Oh Please..spare me the pity party, Obama has turned out exactly to a word what I've warned and argued back and forth
with your good self and the other playground bullies here for 18 months.... I know your a very busy man but if you
ever find the time, go back and read over some of that material.
"Searching for stuff" Baa :D FFS if you'd pull your head outa your hole and were paying even the slightest bit of attention
you'd know and admit that this Administration is so far out of control it's beyond belief :o

Looking for pity from you? Yes, that's it. ::)

I am merely pointing out that two can play your game, pull up the stories and throw insults at anyone who doesn't think like you do.

As I'm pretty positive I've said to you before on several occasions, I take it as a given that most politicians are weasels. So I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with this endless list of this, that and the other that apparently outrages you. And I have also said to you a number of times, I don't agree with the Democrats on everything - they merely piss me off and scare me less than the Republicans do. Do I think Obama has done a great job? Absolutely not. But I still do not regret him winning the election, given the road McCain went down.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 05:33:15 AM

But what about the fact that the no morals b**tard Dems are circling the wagons in defense of him.... yes the same fcuks that were delirious and couldn't see straight from their moral high ground in getting rid of Lott!!
Cut the bullshit J and admit that if it had of been anybody but a liberal Democrat that made those comments, his feet wouldn't have touched the floor on the way out of office........A complete double standard here!

That's what politicians do. The right wing circled the wagons around Lott at first as well. Christ we had to listen to the pundits say he was only trying to flatter an old man. Until his associations with some questionable ultraconservative groups suggested that there might have been a bit more sympathy to Thurmond's former cause than that. Had it been a Democrat like Byrd (who should never have been there in the first place), he'd be gone too.

I will agree that African Americans in general will give a Democrat a more sympathetic reception to this kind of thing, purely because Democrats in general are more sympathetic to their political causes. Double standard for sure, but understandable.

A few Republicans seem to have brazened out their various sexual and corruption difficulties, so you can't say that they don't get away with these things. Even if its only three years since the sleaze was a large contributor to their loss of congress!

Tyrones own

Me...Fcuk no, It's obvious to me and I'm sure others that you're merely playing to crowd here in consistently
defending in indefensible
I am merely pointing out that two can play your game, pull up the stories and throw insults at anyone who doesn't think like you do.
I'm not playing any games here, simply pointing out the obvious disastrous and destructive policies that are
undoubtedly going to bankrupt this country..... And anyway even if I were to engage in petty mud slinging
surely you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in calling me on it  ???
QuoteBut I still do not regret him winning the election, given the road McCain went down.
Well if a direct march towards Marxism is your thing and you honestly believe that spending us into oblivion is the best way to get there then so be it....I certainly won't be on that bus!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on January 12, 2010, 06:00:34 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 05:33:15 AM

But what about the fact that the no morals b**tard Dems are circling the wagons in defense of him.... yes the same fcuks that were delirious and couldn't see straight from their moral high ground in getting rid of Lott!!

That's what politicians do. The right wing circled the wagons around Lott at first as well. Christ we had to listen to the pundits say he was only trying to flatter an old man. Until his associations with some questionable ultraconservative groups suggested that there might have been a bit more sympathy to Thurmond's former cause than that. Had it been a Democrat like Byrd (who should never have been there in the first place), he'd be gone too.

I will agree that African Americans in general will give a Democrat a more sympathetic reception to this kind of thing, purely because Democrats in general are more sympathetic to their political causes. Double standard for sure, but understandable.

A few Republicans seem to have brazened out their various sexual and corruption difficulties, so you can't say that they don't get away with these things. Even if its only three years since the sleaze was a large contributor to their loss of congress!

Right so they're all as corrupt as the next, I'm with you on this..... So will you be all on for voting the whole shoot out come Nov, start a clean slate that puts power back with the people where it belongs?
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2010, 06:11:58 AM

Me...Fcuk no, It's obvious to me and I'm sure others that you're merely playing to crowd here in consistently
defending in indefensible

You may think its indefensible. I don't. If others agree or disagree, no one is stopping them chiming in. And why would I care about "playing to the crowd"? Its an internet board - I don't know anyone here and I am hardly one of the more noted contributors.

I'm not playing any games here, simply pointing out the obvious disastrous and destructive policies that are
undoubtedly going to bankrupt this country..... And anyway even if I were to engage in petty mud slinging
surely you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in calling me on it  ???

So if McCain had won and had extended Bush's late-term fiscal policies, even if not to the extent Obama has, you'd be coming on here pointing out how bad things were?

And if I do engage in mud slinging, then call me on it.

QuoteBut I still do not regret him winning the election, given the road McCain went down.
Well if a direct march towards Marxism is your thing and you honestly believe that spending us into oblivion is the best way to get there then so be it....I certainly won't be on that bus!

Its not that I believe that massive borrowing is a good thing. Just not sure that we'd be any better off under McCain (remember, the Republicans have also been terrible in recent years and he was hardly awe-inspiring on economics during the campaign) and the fact that he sold out to the religious/social conservatives completely alienated me. I can find common cause with Republicans on some things, but that is not one of them. Had McCain gone with someone like Lieberman or Graham and taken his chances with a fairly moderate ticket, I would seriously have considered him, as I would someone like Giuliani, assuming he ran as he did in NYC. But I will never vote for a ticket with someone like Palin on it. If things are fucked in 2012 and someone like her is on the Republican ticket, I will just abstain.