Donegal v Mayo

Started by Redgreenery, February 04, 2007, 10:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redgreenery

Thought I'd start this and my first question is where exactly in Donegal is this game been played?

mannix

Ballybofey, and we should have a win there.

Redgreenery

Thanks for that mannix, would expect Mayo to win especially after their form today!

J70

Home match in Ballybofey. I'll be disappointed if we don't get the points here. Hopefully Neil Gallagher will be fit to start.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Munster has no worries for us, Leinster pah give me a challenge, Connaught sure youse are only waiting til Galway get a decent team!  Donegal to win by one-two points.
Tbc....

J70

bump for Mayo4Sam's benefit. :P

Mayo4Sam

Sorry bout that!

Think this will be very hard game, i fancy donegal to do well this year and their win yesterday was impressive
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

J70

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 05, 2007, 03:42:29 PM
Sorry bout that!

Think this will be very hard game, i fancy donegal to do well this year and their win yesterday was impressive

I'd say it will a nice game of football, weather permitting. Should get a decent enough crowd for a February league game.

Farrandeelin

It's gping to be a tough game for Mayo to play. Donegal would be favourites because they shocked Cork in Cork. They could be a surprise team this year later on in the year as well. If Mayo are to win, the forwards will have to be a lot more economical in their possession. I think if they don't overdo the handpassing we should do it, but if the old handpassing over and back in front of goal goes on I'd expect Donegal to win. Hopefully the referee won't be as whistle happy either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tatler Jack

QuoteIt's gping to be a tough game for Mayo to play. Donegal would be favourites because they shocked Cork in Cork.

More of the Beal Bocht this week again Farrandeelin!!  ;D Last week you were giving Mayo no chance aginst Kerry. Is this some form of reverse psychology that your shrink has advised you to adopt!!! Should be one of the best games of the weekend - Donegal are a good outfit and would not count them beating Cork as a shock. Nevertheless Mayo are one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country with a lot of good young players. It helps when bringing in new players that they are coming in to an experienced and settled team and they develop much faster. Could be a draw or Mayo by a couple of points.

Who are ye playing the following week Farrandeelin (preferred Cnoc Mor) - I suppose ye will be underdogs anyway!!

If you make the trip enjoy it

Farrandeelin

Haha, I suppose you'll be scrutinising all of my posts for every game Mayo play this year Tatler Jack! Ah no it's not reverse psychology, it's just that if I say Mayo will win handy I would have the same effect on my team as Fearon!! And God knows we wouldn't want that to happen. PS, we play Limerick the following week.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Its the games against the likes of the limericks and donegals you have to watch out for . the temptation is there to experiment  but these team have the pluck to cause an upset
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

MacDanger

QuoteIts the games against the likes of the limericks and donegals you have to watch out for . the temptation is there to experiment  but these team have the pluck to cause an upset

With all due respect to Limerick, I don't think you can class Donegal in the same category as them. Donegal are far more than a team with "pluck"; they made the Q/F's last year and they had a good win away to Cork last weekend. Sweeney, Devenney, Roper et al would make a lot of county teams and if they could get a bit of unity and discipline into the team, they could be serious challengers come next august/september.

I reckon the game next weekend away to Donegal along with the game in Omagh on the last day of the league are our hardest games in the league. If we get out of there with a point, we'd be happy enough.

Bod Mor

Is that Doherty lad that was playing for Sligo IT featuring for Donegal in the league? He sounds like a real prospect.
Don't think Mayo will beat Donegal this weekend, Donegal are flying at the moment and as someone said they have already beaten Armagh this year.
It sounds like Kilcullen is our answer at full back. I'd like to see Kilcoyne start as many games as possible in the league, we all know he has got real talent, he has to show O'Mahony what he is capable of in places like Bllybofey.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Redgreenery

'A basketball date in Dublin may rule Ronan McGarrity out of Mayo's NFL clash with Donegal this coming Saturday night.

The All-Star nominee is scheduled to play for Team Merry Monk against St. Vincent's and Mayo manager John O'Mahony is set to have a chat with the player about the clash of interests.

It is possible that the Ballina clubman could travel the 160 miles to Donegal late on Saturday night after his basketball commitment.'

I hope he'll be able to play on Sunday for Mayo as we have yet to really see him playing good football alongside D Brady. Although Harte is able to play midfield i'd like to see McGarrity back.