Photos that shook the world

Started by ross4life, December 30, 2009, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Minder on December 31, 2009, 04:36:10 PM
Was there not something on the board last year about the above photo and they were able to trace the child?

Or am I talking bollocks?

Here-

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7979.0

Different storys on this thread regarding that picture. My contribution was all repeating what I seen somewhere else so don't count on it.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2010, 12:23:43 PM
Are those pair of animals now free enjoying a new life at tax payers expense?

They were only children and need rehabilitation not locked in  a cell for 70 years. Of course what they did was henious. Their background was horrendous and there was a girl of ten who did child  murder in the 60s and was jailed and then released when it was felt she was ready to rejoin society. She didn't offend after. Keeping those boys in jail forever won't bring Jamie Bolger back.
Then there's Jimmy Boyle in Scotland who reformed and helped many people turn away from crime. You ever heard of him? If you had your way he' d still be in jail.   

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 04, 2010, 01:21:55 PM

They were only children and need rehabilitation not locked in  a cell for 70 years. Of course what they did was henious. Their background was horrendous and there was a girl of ten who did child  murder in the 60s and was jailed and then released when it was felt she was ready to rejoin society. She didn't offend after. Keeping those boys in jail forever won't bring Jamie Bolger back.
Then there's Jimmy Boyle in Scotland who reformed and helped many people turn away from crime. You ever heard of him? If you had your way he' d still be in jail.

Here here

Minder

I'm sure the parents of Bolger and the other murder you spoke about are heRtened that they were "rehabilitated". Plenty of children have had "horrendous" backgrounds and don't torture then kill an infant. You sound like a social worker.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2010, 01:40:39 PM

I'm sure the parents of Bolger and the other murder you spoke about are heRtened that they were "rehabilitated". Plenty of children have had "horrendous" backgrounds and don't torture then kill an infant. You sound like a social worker.

You think there should be no social workers? I am not one by the way.

ardmhachaabu

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Would you like them being around your children? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 04, 2010, 06:54:22 PM

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable.

The two boys need help and will have got it. In fact, there would have been hundreds of thousands of pounds spent on their trial, their defence, their rehabilitation etc etc.

What I'd like to know is what punishment their parents received.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

For every rehab sucess story there are thirty re-offenders, ffs bringing up their backgrounds is ridiculous, they murdered a child, a feckin innocent child and all you can do is bleat about their upbringing. >:(

I tend to think more about the child who got robbed of a chance to live his life, of his family who will be forever haunted by the death of their child and the fact that he was killed in such disgusting fashion.

Some of you bleeding hearts would dance to a different tune if it was your son that was butchered, I am all for those two spending their days were they can harm no one else, they deserve to a life inside, the took the life of a child who deserved a lot better fate than the one the meted out to him.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Boys I just re-read the history of the Bulger case, and Im sitting here with a lump the size of a f**king turnip in my throat and tears in the eyes. Look at the pictures of that child and the innocence that was lost.

It was an almost unprecedented crime, and in fairness, to suggest locking up 10 year olds for the rest of their lives doesnt really make much sense. They need watched and controlled for sure, but this dispicable act was done with the mindset of a 10 year old - hard to hold them accountable as adults really.

That said - the real tragedy is the horror and the pain that little child endured.

Jesus I am sick to the stomach.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: stew on January 05, 2010, 12:08:35 AM

For every rehab sucess story there are thirty re-offenders, ffs bringing up their backgrounds is ridiculous, they murdered a child, a feckin innocent child and all you can do is bleat about their upbringing. >:(

I tend to think more about the child who got robbed of a chance to live his life, of his family who will be forever haunted by the death of their child and the fact that he was killed in such disgusting fashion.

Some of you bleeding hearts would dance to a different tune if it was your son that was butchered, I am all for those two spending their days were they can harm no one else, they deserve to a life inside, the took the life of a child who deserved a lot better fate than the one the meted out to him.

In other words you want vengence. so be it. If you care so much about the family of Jamie Bolger, have you ever wrote to them to comfort them or offer condolences or is this just an angry soundbite you'll have forgotten about in five minutes after typing it?

nrico2006

QuoteFor every rehab sucess story there are thirty re-offenders, ffs bringing up their backgrounds is ridiculous, they murdered a child, a feckin innocent child and all you can do is bleat about their upbringing.

Well said.  Rehabilitation is a term is often thrown about when individuals commit henious crimes.  Do we now live in a society where you can take a life and the resolution is basically a spell inside with the overall objective of mending those who commit the crimes?  The Justice system is a joke, I don't understand how there is constantly life sentences handed down for murder etc when in fact it actually means 12 odd years and away you go.  Venables and Thompson should never have been freed.  There is no hiding evil, yet it seems to be common place these days to do excuse alot of evil acts by categorising the culprits as mentally ill or use some other excuse.  I know that when I was 10 I wouldn't have ever dreamt of doing what them boys did, and I know of people with tough/bad upbringing who wouldn't either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Zapatista

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 05, 2010, 09:04:23 AM

Well said.  Rehabilitation is a term is often thrown about when individuals commit henious crimes.  Do we now live in a society where you can take a life and the resolution is basically a spell inside with the overall objective of mending those who commit the crimes?  The Justice system is a joke, I don't understand how there is constantly life sentences handed down for murder etc when in fact it actually means 12 odd years and away you go.  Venables and Thompson should never have been freed.  There is no hiding evil, yet it seems to be common place these days to do excuse alot of evil acts by categorising the culprits as mentally ill or use some other excuse. I know that when I was 10 I wouldn't have ever dreamt of doing what them boys did, and I know of people with tough/bad upbringing who wouldn't either.

That is a very important point and should be key to this. Personally I can barely remember being 10 but I do know I'm not the same person now as I was then.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 05, 2010, 01:25:45 AM
Quote from: stew on January 05, 2010, 12:08:35 AM

In other words you want vengence. so be it. If you care so much about the family of Jamie Bolger, have you ever wrote to them to comfort them or offer condolences or is this just an angry soundbite you'll have forgotten about in five minutes after typing it?
In my opinion, your idea of morality is severely skewed from what most of us would call reality
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Zapatista

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 05, 2010, 09:42:34 AM
In my opinion, your idea of morality is severely skewed from what most of us would call reality

:o :o :o

Feck me. Please tell me I misunderstand that.