GAA Trivia

Started by The Claw, November 14, 2006, 11:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

Name the man to win 2 All Ireland medals and two All-Stars without ever playing a match in Croke Park in his career?

Not sure of this one but I've been told its true. Name the man who played in 4 consecutive All Ireland finals (not all the same grade), won all 4, and got man of the match in all 4.

An easy one for ye
Name the man to have played in both the Club football and hurling finals AND both the County hurling and football All-Ireland finals (not the same year obvoiusly).

muscles magoo

Is the second one Padraic Kelly of Galway?

The Claw

maxpower

alan kerins is surely the player to play in both club and county hurling and football finals

i'm thinking brian welehan for the man of match in 4 consectutive finals, 3 clubs 1 county.  no sure of my dates though.
What happens next????

Onlooker

Pat McLoughney, the Tipperary hurling goalkeeper won All Stars in 1979 and 1980, but he never played on a winning team in a Championship match.  I do'nt know where he could have won 2 All Ireland medals, maybe Inter-Firm or Masters, but that would be stretching it a bit, as regards winning 2 All Ireland medals.

The Claw

Answers:
Seamus Durack, the CLare goalkeeper is the answer to the first.

Maxpower, spot on in the other two, Brian Whelehan and Alan Kerins

Onlooker

Seamus Durack was an outstanding goalkeeper, but when did he win his 2 All Ireland medals?.

CompulsoryTillager

Did Jimmy Barry Murphy not play in the club and county All-irelands?

ONeill

According to official stats, what is the most common scoreline?
What unique achievement can DJ Carey, Mick O'Dwyer, Jimmy Keaveney and Gerry McEntee all claim?
Who scored 5-31 in 4 Championship games in one year during the 80s?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Nope. Not too far from an Lu.

dodo

Guess at scoreline 1-9 to 0-11

The not so unique achievement , maybe winning AI titles before and after retirement

Matt Connor the 5-31 man ?

stephenite

The unique acheivement - Is that captaining both your club and county to championships in the same year

Carmen Stateside

Brian Stafford for the scores??

ONeill

Quote from: dodo on November 14, 2006, 09:54:40 PM
Guess at scoreline 1-9 to 0-11

The not so unique achievement , maybe winning AI titles before and after retirement

Matt Connor the 5-31 man ?

Well done 1.5/3. The not so unique achievement (winning an All-Ireland after retirement) was also managed by Brendan Lynskey (Gal), Mick O'Connell, Des Ferguson (Dub) and Jim Kearney (Meath). Carey won 3 after, Keaveney 3, Lynskey 2, O'Connell 2, O'Dwyer 2.

Your 1-9 to 0-11 is 7th. 1-8 to 1-8 is most common.

Craigyhill Terror

A draw is the most common scoreline? ???