Adams' brother sought over alleged abuse

Started by Denn Forever, December 18, 2009, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Minder on December 23, 2009, 10:29:02 PM
According to the Andytown News Gerrys stock "has risen" in the last week in how he has dealt with this furore. Robin Livingstone has learnt his lesson.

Marty Millar knows his onions (or which organisation is in a position to stop his advertising revenue). Stock risen? Nah! Say the matter at hand was the British Army / RUC and their beatings - going out on a limb would get you credibility with the people. This is different. This is about the incestious rape over a prolonged period of a young girl. Stock rising? No winners here I'm afraid - but if the ATN wants to claim that GA is the winner here; well, GOD HELP US ALL!!!

Minder

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on December 23, 2009, 10:51:26 PM
According to the Andytown News Gerrys stock "has risen" in the last week in how he has dealt with this furore. Robin Livingstone has learnt his lesson.

Marty Millar knows his onions (or which organisation is in a position to stop his advertising revenue). Stock risen? Nah! Say the matter at hand was the British Army / RUC and their beatings - going out on a limb would get you credibility with the people. This is different. This is about the incestious rape over a prolonged period of a young girl. Stock rising? No winners here I'm afraid - but if the ATN wants to claim that GA is the winner here; well, GOD HELP US ALL!!!

Depends how seriously anyone takes the ATN. As regards the boyos in the "community" posts, I see it every day. Fellas dandering about with briefcases earning £30k p/a that can hardly spell their own name.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Minder on December 23, 2009, 10:58:40 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on December 23, 2009, 10:51:26 PM

Depends how seriously anyone takes the ATN. As regards the boyos in the "community" posts, I see it every day. Fellas dandering about with briefcases earning £30k p/a that can hardly spell their own name.

All top boys in former days who are now "Community Workers" .. one of these days, real jobs will come to West Belfast and not growth industries such as community workers or taxi drivers. 

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Main Street

If your brain is well versed in surmising and innuendo, at a superficial glance  the Tribune article would look to be contradictory to what G Adams has claimed.
On closer examination, the basic facts contained in the Tribune story just supports Adams' statement as was recorded in the in the rte interview and the  Irish Times that G Adams went to Dundalk and got brother to step down from putting his name forward for nomination at the convention.

Irish Times.

Mr Adams denied that Liam was nominated as a potential Sinn Féin candidate in the Dundalk area after the Sinn Féin leader broke ties with his brother. He said that as soon as he heard of the possibility his brother might be nominated, he moved to ensure that such a thing could not happen.

"I moved immediately both to stop that and to get him dumped out of Sinn Féin without telling people why. But I moved very, very quickly. He wasn't a contender, there was no nomination for Liam Adams in the Dundalk area. There was no convention in which his name was put forward, there was no contest in which he was part of."

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on December 27, 2009, 02:49:44 PM
If your brain is well versed in surmising and innuendo, at a superficial glance  the Tribune article would look to be contradictory to what G Adams has claimed.
On closer examination, the basic facts contained in the Tribune story just supports Adams' statement as was recorded in the in the rte interview and the  Irish Times that G Adams went to Dundalk and got brother to step down from putting his name forward for nomination at the convention.

Irish Times.

Mr Adams denied that Liam was nominated as a potential Sinn Féin candidate in the Dundalk area after the Sinn Féin leader broke ties with his brother. He said that as soon as he heard of the possibility his brother might be nominated, he moved to ensure that such a thing could not happen.

"I moved immediately both to stop that and to get him dumped out of Sinn Féin without telling people why. But I moved very, very quickly. He wasn't a contender, there was no nomination for Liam Adams in the Dundalk area. There was no convention in which his name was put forward, there was no contest in which he was part of."

Gerry claimed in the Insight interview to have been estranged from his brother for 15 years. Now we're seeing photos of Gerry at Liam's wedding, photos of Gerry and Liam canvassing together, etc. As the article on Slugger states: 'One source said Gerry Adams regularly visited his brother in Muirhevnamor, staying overnight in his home many times.' All this regular contact and we're supposed to believe that Gerry didn't realise that Liam was a youth worker in Dundalk, just as we're supposed to swallow the notion that Gerry didn't realise for a time that Liam was a youth worker in west Belfast. The more we hear, the more it looks like Gerry was fobbing his niece Aine off with platitudes, while doing nothing meaningful about her allegations, even to the extent of being prepared to allow children in his constituency to consort with a suspected paedophile. That puts Gerry up there with the bishops, in my view.

orangeman

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 27, 2009, 03:41:38 PM

Irish Times.

Gerry claimed in the Insight interview to have been estranged from his brother for 15 years. Now we're seeing photos of Gerry at Liam's wedding, photos of Gerry and Liam canvassing together, etc. As the article on Slugger states: 'One source said Gerry Adams regularly visited his brother in Muirhevnamor, staying overnight in his home many times.' All this regular contact and we're supposed to believe that Gerry didn't realise that Liam was a youth worker in Dundalk, just as we're supposed to swallow the notion that Gerry didn't realise for a time that Liam was a youth worker in west Belfast. The more we hear, the more it looks like Gerry was fobbing his niece Aine off with platitudes, while doing nothing meaningful about her allegations, even to the extent of being prepared to allow children in his constituency to consort with a suspected paedophile. That puts Gerry up there with the bishops, in my view.
[/b]

Certainly has questions to answer.

Main Street

Irish Times.

Lets see Myles,  you used a link to a Slugger blog, alluding to some more/new stuff for Gerry to answer.
There is absolutely feck all in that blog.

And now you meander elsewhere using some "source" and a  line from a  Adams  on utv documentary. where his contribution was heavily edited utv documentary.

You feed your prejudices from the cesspits of journalistic standards.

From the unedited interviews on RTE  where I have heard Adams speak, there is nothing there to contradict his statements.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on December 27, 2009, 06:54:41 PM

Irish Times.

Lets see Myles,  you used a link to a Slugger blog, alluding to some more/new stuff for Gerry to answer.
There is absolutely feck all in that blog.

And now you meander elsewhere using some "source" and a  line from a  Adams  on utv documentary. where his contribution was heavily edited utv documentary.

You feed your prejudices from the cesspits of journalistic standards.

From the unedited interviews on RTE  where I have heard Adams speak, there is nothing there to contradict his statements.
No? Go check the word 'estranged' in your dictionary - that's how Gerry described his relationship with Liam. A 'permanent bereavement', was another phrase he used, thus suggesting that Liam was as good as dead to him. The photos and accounts now coming out show that the reality was somewhat different. This is an important issue - so long as Gerry is able to claim the pair were estranged, he provides himself with an alibi for doing nothing about Liam's contact with kids. Take that alibi away, and he's guilty of allowing a suspected paedophile unhindered access to children on his own doorstep. You can bury your head up your own arse if you want, but don't expect the rest of us to do the same.

Minder

It certainly looks like Gerry was lying through his teeth.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 27, 2009, 07:35:51 PM
No? Go check the word 'estranged' in your dictionary - that's how Gerry described his relationship with Liam. A 'permanent bereavement', was another phrase he used, thus suggesting that Liam was as good as dead to him.

Myles you have already proven that you can't read and listen properly now you revert to old habits, lying.
Adams in the UTV insight interview talked about the abuse
'abuse against Aine, a direct victim,
that child abuse has a whole ripple of other victims, for me its like a permanent bereavement'

get it?   abuse experienced is like a permanent bereavement.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on December 27, 2009, 10:11:23 PM
No? Go check the word 'estranged' in your dictionary - that's how Gerry described his relationship with Liam. A 'permanent bereavement', was another phrase he used, thus suggesting that Liam was as good as dead to him.

Myles you have already proven that you can't read and listen properly now you revert to old habits, lying.
that child abuse has a whole ripple of other victims, for me its like a permanent bereavement'

Thank you for that direct quote. Gerry is saying that he's one of the other victims, and that for him it feels like a permanent bereavement. Why? Because it has separated him from his brother. Which bit of that don't you get?

Main Street

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 28, 2009, 01:21:36 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 27, 2009, 10:11:23 PM

Thank you for that direct quote. Gerry is saying that he's one of the other victims, and that for him it feels like a permanent bereavement. Why? Because it has separated him from his brother. Which bit of that don't you get?

Talk about clutching at straws, that takes the dog biscuit for wild interpretations to fit a prejudice.

Go and listen to the interview,
http://www.u.tv/News/Adams-speaks-on-family-sex-abuse/b9835cff-2f1d-4d3c-ac1b-1beb785513ea
after he mentioned the obvious direct abuse for Aine  he mentions how it felt for him.
The brother is not mentioned at all, nor is he alluded to.
Neither does he mention the word 'estrangement' in the interview.
Not only did you get it totally wrong but as I suspected, you purposefully and with malice, got it totally wrong.

Myles Na G.

Talk about clutching at straws, that takes the dog biscuit for wild interpretations to fit a prejudice.

Go and listen to the interview,
http://www.u.tv/News/Adams-speaks-on-family-sex-abuse/b9835cff-2f1d-4d3c-ac1b-1beb785513ea
after he mentioned the obvious direct abuse for Aine  he mentions how it felt for him.
The brother is not mentioned at all, nor is he alluded to.
Neither does he mention the word 'estrangement' in the interview.
Not only did you get it totally wrong but as I suspected, you purposefully and with malice, got it totally wrong.

From the link you so thoughtfully provide:
"I haven't had any contact with him."
He talks about the direct victim of abuse - Aine - then talks about other, indirect victims. He includes himself in this category by saying 'for me, it's like a permanent bereavement'. Why is it like a bereavement? Who has he lost, if not his brother? Taken together with the statement about not having had contact with Liam, the effect is to create the impression of an estrangement, which is exactly the impression Gerry wants to create. Listen to the interview again, but take your head out of your arse first - does wonders for the hearing.