Adams' brother sought over alleged abuse

Started by Denn Forever, December 18, 2009, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 21, 2009, 10:59:15 PM
In terms of the Clonard youth club aspect, there are two parties with questions to answer. Firstly, it seems that the police gave the youth club the all clear to employ Liam Adams. Given that the allegations against him must have still been on file, should this not have been reported to the youth club management? Secondly, Gerry Adams needs to be clear how he dealt with the situation. Who did he approach at the club to alert that they were employing a paedophile? When he realised that this person or persons weren't acting on his information, what did he do? Did he just drop it, thinking that he'd done his bit? Liam Adams worked there for 5 years. Did this not give Gerry cause for concern?
Why does he need to do that? Maybe you can answer the questions in my post above yours about why it's his responsibility etc.

A stupid post Hurler, I thought you were better than that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 21, 2009, 11:12:54 PM
In terms of the Clonard youth club aspect, there are two parties with questions to answer. Firstly, it seems that the police gave the youth club the all clear to employ Liam Adams. Given that the allegations against him must have still been on file, should this not have been reported to the youth club management? Secondly, Gerry Adams needs to be clear how he dealt with the situation. Who did he approach at the club to alert that they were employing a paedophile? When he realised that this person or persons weren't acting on his information, what did he do? Did he just drop it, thinking that he'd done his bit? Liam Adams worked there for 5 years. Did this not give Gerry cause for concern?
Pints if you had a brother you knew was a paedophile was working with young children and had, allegedly, informed this youth group of his actions would you not feel any moral obligation to ensure he didn't work with this or any children again?

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 21, 2009, 11:12:54 PM
Why does he need to do that? Maybe you can answer the questions in my post above yours about why it's his responsibility etc.

A stupid post Hurler, I thought you were better than that.

POG - patronising me will not deflect from what is essentially true in my post and the word 'stupid' is a bit of a kop-out.

pintsofguinness

Pints if you had a brother you knew was a paedophile was working with young children and had, allegedly, informed this youth group of his actions would you not feel any moral obligation to ensure he didn't work with this or any children again?
I don't know how I'd feel minder, probably but there would be a lot of things to consider.
As I said in my earlier post, why is it gerry adams' responsibility to follow his brother around and alert everyone he comes in contact with of the allegations against him?
Why not other members of the family? the victim herself or her mother? or the police or social services!

If Liam Adams had to rape the girl next door and she told her family but they decided not to pursue a case and he was working with children in west belfast not one person here would criticise members of that family for not alerting the relevant people so why criticise Gerry Adams?

For god sake Hurler you manage to criticise adams for going public about his brother and father (when he didnt go public about his brother, his niece did) because it is "besmirching their names for eternity" but at the same time criticises him for not going to the youth club management and getting his brother sacked  ::)  Do you not see the contradiction there?

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 21, 2009, 11:29:24 PM
I don't know how I'd feel minder, probably but there would be a lot of things to consider.
As I said in my earlier post, why is it gerry adams' responsibility to follow his brother around and alert everyone he comes in contact with of the allegations against him?
Why not other members of the family? the victim herself or her mother? or the police or social services!

If Liam Adams had to rape the girl next door and she told her family but they decided not to pursue a case and he was working with children in west belfast not one person here would criticise members of that family for not alerting the relevant people so why criticise Gerry Adams?

For god sake Hurler you manage to criticise adams for going public about his brother and father (when he didnt go public about his brother, his niece did) because it is "besmirching their names for eternity" but at the same time criticises him for not going to the youth club management and getting his brother sacked  ::)  Do you not see the contradiction there?

POG - I don't want to get into a debate on the whys and wherefores of this etc. All I will add is that is is perhaps time that the MODS took a look at this thread as there are serious implications.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on December 21, 2009, 11:38:39 PM

POG - I don't want to get into a debate on the whys and wherefores of this etc. All I will add is that is is perhaps time that the MODS took a look at this thread as there are serious implications.
You don't want to get into a debate because you haven't even the basic facts e.g. Gerry Adams did not go public about his brother.
A minute ago you wanted us to discuss if he was finished and now you don't want to get in to a debate because you made a stupid contradictory post and have been shown up. 

Cop out, you may go and sit with Trevor Hill.

Milltown Row2

No one here (unless been through it) can judge how you would react to this.

as the bitch says this could finish Adams, certainly actions early on would been better.

Hopefully this may make it easier for other people who were abused come out and nail these f**kers to the wall

the amount of posters on this site who have made all the right decisions ........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2009, 11:44:12 PM
No one here (unless been through it) can judge how you would react to this.

as the bitch says this could finish Adams, certainly actions early on would been better.

Hopefully this may make it easier for other people who were abused come out and nail these f**kers to the wall

the amount of posters on this site who have made all the right decisions ........
Like what?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on December 21, 2009, 11:52:47 PM
MP for the area knows of a paedo working with children.
Not an MP's job to vet people working with children, that's the job of the police and social services.

Milltown Row2

like checks being done properly before allowing him to work in Clonard (my youth club when i was a pup) like the abused following through with the allegations. Adams could have went to the police/ or informed Clonard youth club of his fears.

pints if your brother was a peado would you inform a Youth club that he worked in?

again its all ifs and buts. untill your in a situation like this then we really can only think how you'd react.

i believe i'd have the strong character to make it known to all.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2009, 11:58:39 PM
like checks being done properly before allowing him to work in Clonard (my youth club when i was a pup) like the abused following through with the allegations. Adams could have went to the police/ or informed Clonard youth club of his fears.

pints if your brother was a peado would you inform a Youth club that he worked in?

again its all ifs and buts. untill your in a situation like this then we really can only think how you'd react.

i believe i'd have the strong character to make it known to all.

YOu mighten if you thought it would add to the pain of other members of the family if it came public before they were ready. 
It's very easy to say the abused should have proceeded with the case but many don't, many never even report it.

I agree that checks should have been done properly but Adams has said he informed Clonard.

Hardstation, why is Adams open for criticism when you'd never criticise any other abused victim or their family for not screaming from the roof tops if they found out the abuser was working with children? 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2009, 12:14:47 AM
Not the point I'm making pog, more pulling you up on the quote in question.
It is the job of everyone (especially the elected MP of the area) to ensure that no children are at risk with a paedo working at a youth club.
Easier said than done though if it's you're only family being torn apart by it. That understanding is given to other victims and their families but not the adams'.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2009, 12:20:49 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 22, 2009, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2009, 12:14:47 AM
Not the point I'm making pog, more pulling you up on the quote in question.
It is the job of everyone (especially the elected MP of the area) to ensure that no children are at risk with a paedo working at a youth club.
Easier said than done though if it's you're only family being torn apart by it. That understanding is given to other victims and their families but not the adams'.
His own family had already been torn apart by it at that stage. The possibility of other families suffering for the sake of "hush hush" is fcuked up.
and you extend that criticism to other victims and their families?

Lady GAA GAA

MP or not, he still had an obligation to do everything within his means to stop the brar working at the Youth Centre.

Are you saying otherwise POG?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on December 22, 2009, 12:29:06 AM
MP or not, he still had an obligation to do everything within his means to stop the brar working at the Youth Centre.

Are you saying otherwise POG?
I dont think it was his responsibility to follow the brother around, no.  Just as it's not the victim's responsibility or any other member of the family or the responsibility of any other sex abuse victim or their families.  It was reported to the police and social services.