Adams' brother sought over alleged abuse

Started by Denn Forever, December 18, 2009, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Oldhacker on December 19, 2009, 12:15:39 AM
PoG, he issued his statement before and not after the UTV programme was screened. Uliick has not explained why a party leader clarifying his position on a serious issue can be compared to what happened in Chicago.
I dont know what this chicago business is but he obviously knew the programme was going to be screened, he knew the papers would pick up on it before the programme and he got his statement out, can't blame him for that. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Ulick

Quote from: Oldhacker on December 19, 2009, 12:15:39 AM
Uliick has not explained why a party leader clarifying his position on a serious issue can be compared to what happened in Chicago.

Actually I'm comparing it to what happened on the Glen Rd, not Chicago.

Hardy

Jesus, talk about paranoia. How has this story been morphed here into an alleged attempt to smear Gerry Adams instead of the abuse of a child? I'd have thought we'd learned about priorities in this area lately.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on December 19, 2009, 07:25:10 AM
Jesus, talk about paranoia. How has this story been morphed here into an alleged attempt to smear Gerry Adams instead of the abuse of a child? I'd have thought we'd learned about priorities in this area lately.
I don't think anyone here has their priorities wrong hardy, did you watch the programme?

One of the sensational headlines on it was "gerry adams knew for 20 years".  Now, my first thought was that he hid it, covered it up etc. But if you watch on in the programme you find out he actually learned about it from the victim after she told the RUC and social services.

Now everyone I'm sure wants the **** caught and punished however UTV were clearly more interested in trying to trip adams up which I think is pathetic. (and you know I've no love for Sinn Fein!) The show wasn't about child abuse or catching a child abuser it was about what Gerry Adams done.

Hardy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 19, 2009, 10:19:01 AM
Quote from: Hardy on December 19, 2009, 07:25:10 AM
I don't think anyone here has their priorities wrong hardy, did you watch the programme?

One of the sensational headlines on it was "gerry adams knew for 20 years".  Now, my first thought was that he hid it, covered it up etc. But if you watch on in the programme you find out he actually learned about it from the victim after she told the RUC and social services.

Now everyone I'm sure wants the **** caught and punished however UTV were clearly more interested in trying to trip adams up which I think is pathetic. (and you know I've no love for Sinn Fein!) The show wasn't about child abuse or catching a child abuser it was about what Gerry Adams done.

Fair enough.

dillinger

Wonder if Gerry would approve of the Real IRA, unreal ira, we havent gone away you know ira, etc, kneecappiing his brother?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dillinger on December 20, 2009, 12:07:17 AM
Wonder if Gerry would approve of the Real IRA, unreal ira, we havent gone away you know ira, etc, kneecappiing his brother?
::)

dillinger

Why do you wonder? Surely you know the answer.
[/quote]

Cant say i do. Seems most posters are condeming the news reports and not the alleged attack!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dillinger on December 20, 2009, 12:34:19 AM

Why do you wonder? Surely you know the answer.

Cant say i do. Seems most posters are condeming the news reports and not the alleged attack!
[/quote]
Do you think it's necessary for people to condemn the sexual abuse of a child?

dillinger

[/quote

Why do you ask that? Is it not more important to condemn the alleged abuser. Or do you think the same way as many on this subject to condemn the news reports about it as a smear on gerry.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dillinger on December 20, 2009, 12:43:20 AM

[/quote

Why do you ask that? Is it not more important to condemn the alleged abuser. Or do you think the same way as many on this subject to condemn the news reports about it as a smear on gerry.
Well you'll see my posts on the subject. I would have thought the condemnation of the abuser would go without saying! I asked my question because you made your little snide remark. 

Are you just in from a night on the bear or what?

dillinger

The girl was used minder, do you think UTV care about getting justice for her?
[/quote

As i said, condemn the utv etc]

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dillinger on December 20, 2009, 12:50:10 AM

The girl was used minder, do you think UTV care about getting justice for her?
[/quote

As i said, condemn the utv etc]
and you'll see I also called liam adams a **** and that everyone would want him caught or punished.  Nice selective quoting btw. ::)

Lady GAA GAA

longrunsthefox

Looks like Fr Aiden media 'star' Troy doesn't come out of this too well. Family reckoned he wanted to sort it out between the father and family and keep police out of it. If there was a two page feature in it for Troy I'm sure he would have done a bit bettter  :-\