8GB Ipod Touch

Started by nrico2006, December 08, 2009, 09:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I was thinking of buying the woman an iTouch for Christmas, and see an 8 GB one for £150.  Has anyone had experience with an 8 GB version?  I've been told that its pointless getting this version as the space is taken up pretty quickly, but usually I heard this from a boy who would be big into his music and has probably 4000 songs downloaded.  Anybody got any views?

Thanks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bensars

Well i have the 8gb iphone with some music and  loads of applications and still have a bundle of room.

Minder

I would say 8GB is plenty of storage, will hold about 2000 songs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gaa.boy

it depends on what the users preference is. I have one and it has plenty of room for music, however the memory is not big enough for films or tv programmes.

BennyHarp

I have one and i have about 800 songs on it and a few applications - i have downloaded movies for going on train joureys or flights and it has downloaded it ok - but i would need to delete them afterwards if i want to download another! If you just want it for small convieniences and not to store whole album collections or video libraries, then its grand!
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 08, 2009, 09:25:35 AM
I was thinking of buying the woman an iTouch for Christmas, and see an 8 GB one for £150.  Has anyone had experience with an 8 GB version?  I've been told that its pointless getting this version as the space is taken up pretty quickly, but usually I heard this from a boy who would be big into his music and has probably 4000 songs downloaded.  Anybody got any views?

Thanks.
Should be grand. Even if you have the songs mp3 decoded to a high enough bit rate of 256 kbps,  you will still get a lot of music on it. You would get  approx 10 albums per GB.
The ear phones are crap though. If there are other members of the family who still have to decide what gift for her, then you can suggest they buy, for example,  Sennheiser CX300 http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-Earbuds-Black/dp/B000E6G9RI.
Will make the world of difference to iPod listening.

Norf Tyrone

Can the same applications for the I Phone be used on the IPod? Can you get the net on the Ipod.

Probably stupid questions.... but technology is starting to move too fast for me!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 08, 2009, 06:19:56 PM
Can the same applications for the I Phone be used on the IPod? Can you get the net on the Ipod.

Probably stupid questions.... but technology is starting to move too fast for me!

Internet works a treat
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)