Rod Stewart

Started by Doogie Browser, December 07, 2009, 11:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

This guy deserves his own thread, great chanter and can still pull amazing looking birds at his age. Respect the Rod  :P
Loved his drum kit too.

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

If I say yes does that mean I'm a west Brit because Rod is British?
We better ask Tankie first to make sure it's ok ::)
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

Denn Forever

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on December 07, 2009, 12:06:51 PM

I would always think of Rod Stewart as Scottish first so I think you are ok.  As if it matters.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 07, 2009, 12:11:33 PM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on December 07, 2009, 12:06:51 PM

I would always think of Rod Stewart as Scottish first so I think you are ok.  As if it matters.
Doesn't matter to me but it does to some gimps on this board

WeeDonns

QuoteI would always think of Rod Stewart as Scottish first so I think you are ok.  As if it matters.
Although he's English not scottish

lynchbhoy

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 07, 2009, 12:26:32 PM
QuoteI would always think of Rod Stewart as Scottish first so I think you are ok.  As if it matters.
Although he's English not scottish
really ?
how?

as for rod and having the birds loving him - his army of female fans are so love struck at his gigs that a lot of men have managed to lap them up afterwards very easily.
the bro was at a rod stewart gig years ago in Dublin - as he went along to see status quo who ere supporting the scots crooner.
he said the women were in such a frenzy he could have been sexually assaulted by them (said he wouldnt have minded some of them doing it either!)
anyhow he easily picked up a girl that night and said most of the other single lads did too !!

Minder

He speaks in a Cockney accent and lives in London so I would have to class him as English.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Minder on December 07, 2009, 12:44:38 PM
He speaks in a Cockney accent and lives in London so I would have to class him as English.
thought he had a scottish twang?

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

English Welsh Scottish makes no odds he is British if he is from any of those places

Minder

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 07, 2009, 12:45:49 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 07, 2009, 12:44:38 PM
thought he had a scottish twang?

Nah I saw a bit of that show on Saturday night and it was cockney. It maybe changes if he is doing a show in Scotland!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Denn Forever

Kevin Kilbane, John Aldridge, Tony Cascarino.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

Take your bullshit elsewhere, this thread is a tribute to legendary shagger Rod Stewart.

Was at his concert in the Odyssey about two years ago, it was one of the best concerts I was ever at, cheesy songs all night.  As LB says too, it is full of baying women looking for a bit of Rod  :o

nrico2006

QuoteHe speaks in a Cockney accent and lives in London so I would have to class him as English.

I have heard him a few times and he definitely has an English accent.  Always thought of him as being Scottish, but he definitely isn't.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 07, 2009, 02:02:56 PM
QuoteHe speaks in a Cockney accent and lives in London so I would have to class him as English.

I have heard him a few times and he definitely has an English accent.  Always thought of him as being Scottish, but he definitely isn't.
he's not scottish because he doesnt have a scottish accent ?
theres manys a good Irish man that doesnt have an 'Irish ' accent !

quit yo jibbajabba

hes not scottish, cos he was born and bred in england.

watchin the show last nite, taped from sat nite; this came as a major shock to mesel; always assumed he was scottish;
he himself said something on the show like"scotland being his spiritual home" as thats where his dad was from;
wikipedia seems to back this up; i know its not watertite though;

great singer; hated him when i was a nipper; tink hes great now;

maggie..........................oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maggie...etc etc