New rules for next years National League

Started by BennyHarp, December 06, 2009, 07:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Hardy on December 13, 2009, 07:16:41 PM
TD, that must be a new record for selective quoting. Quote the whole sentence and it alters the meaning completely. To be clear: the only lesson I'm proposing to take from rugby is the respect for referees that's enforced in that sport.

Definatly. The ref should be miked up!

Pangurban

Pity Hardy is not a rules legislator, the common sense he displays is notably absent in the proposals from that body.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on December 13, 2009, 06:17:20 PM
Why don't they concentrate on the real problems in the game instead of making up non-existent ones? Tackle the diving and injury feigning, the goading and trash talking and the soccer-aping antics and take an example from rugby by legislating for respect for referees. And introduce a policy of mandatory referral of any assault on an official to the guards. And tackle the refusal of referees to implement the rules as they are written. These are the real problems of the game.

I used to like the mark idea for kickouts, but I'm going off it, largely as a result of the arguments presented here and the law of unintended and unanticipated effects. I would say, though, that it can easily be done without slowing down the game if it's simply implemented as a rule that the fielder of a kickout can't be tackled until he's played the ball, which he has to do by the four steps rule. I certainly wouldn't want a whistle going every time someone catches a ball. That stuff used to drive me mad in the International Rules games.

The lunacy of suggesting increasing the value of a goal is beyond belief. I'd do the exact opposite and reduce it to two points. Goals are not the essence of the game. Point scoring is the core skill of gaelic football and the idea that the people charged with minding and developing the game would attempt to devalue it is frightening.
agree with that hardy.

Also I'm quite surprised that the hurling snobs have the neck to talk about how football should change, I think you should concentrate on trying to make you're own sport even a little bit  interesting.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?