No EU presidency for Blair

Started by heganboy, November 19, 2009, 07:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 20, 2009, 09:44:44 AM
Who's the woman who never got elected to anything and is now EU foreign spokespeson. f**k the whole lot of them....

We need a streamlined Europe to work properly!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Rossfan on November 19, 2009, 08:00:26 PM
Maybe war criminal Blair can become President of the make believe USGBNATO Republic of Afghanistan.  >:(

There'd be no peace in your own country if Tony Blair hadn't made the efforts he did Rossfan. Have a think about that before taking any more cheap shots.

heganboy

Quote from: Aerlik on November 20, 2009, 02:02:09 AM
Quote from: heganboy on November 19, 2009, 07:07:41 PM
"our" new president

Why the emphasis, heganboy?

I have an Irish passport so I already have a president and she does the job plenty well enough for me.  I live in the US so I'm aware that to my kids "our" president is Barack Obama, and now I have another President to contend with -Van Rumpuy. Our is in inverted commas so that you can choose which is more appropriate to you.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Farrandeelin

What will van Rompuy be doing (apart from drawing his salary)?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ziggysego

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 20, 2009, 04:57:54 PM
What will van Rompuy be doing (apart from drawing his salary)?

Not a lot. He can't do anything unless all countries within the EU agree with whatever the issue that day is. Basically Former United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger once posed the question: "Who do I call when I want to call Europe?". Now Europe have a figure head.
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on November 20, 2009, 03:51:20 PM
Maybe war criminal Blair can become President of the make believe USGBNATO Republic of Afghanistan.  >:(

There'd be no peace in your own country if Tony Blair hadn't made the efforts he did Rossfan. Have a think about that before taking any more cheap shots.
That was long before he became Bush's lapdog. Bertiebolix Ahern made sterling efforts too in the peace process but he's still a total chancer.
Anyway if it wasnt for Roscommon's Albert Reynolds there would have been no process for Blair or th'other crook to advance.
By the way is it not your country too?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Rossfan on November 20, 2009, 06:13:56 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on November 20, 2009, 03:51:20 PM

That was long before he became Bush's lapdog. Bertiebolix Ahern made sterling efforts too in the peace process but he's still a total chancer.
Anyway if it wasnt for Roscommon's Albert Reynolds there would have been no process for Blair or th'other crook to advance.
By the way is it not your country too?

Our country Rossfan. I stand corrected.

Do you still think Tony Blair is a war criminal? Do you still stand over that?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: heganboy on November 20, 2009, 04:18:50 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on November 20, 2009, 02:02:09 AM
Quote from: heganboy on November 19, 2009, 07:07:41 PM
"our" new president

Why the emphasis, heganboy?

I have an Irish passport so I already have a president and she does the job plenty well enough for me.  I live in the US so I'm aware that to my kids "our" president is Barack Obama, and now I have another President to contend with -Van Rumpuy. Our is in inverted commas so that you can choose which is more appropriate to you.

No harm Us Europeans having a president, I'd rather be represented by a fellow European than someone in Washington claiming to be the leader of the Free World. I live in the Free World and no Yank is my leader.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

milltown row

Roy Keane has just thrown his hat into the ring, he might justget it as the Belgium fella hasn't a clue about how to defend a ball in the 6 yard box

Fear ón Srath Bán

Van Rompuy has held the warring (not literally, just yet) factions of Flemish and Walloon together in Belgium over the past few years, a not inconsiderable achievement on any political richter scale, by any stretch.

He'll be grand.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

milltown row

they had great dfficulty over the years getting on with themselves. the french speaking south (oh the french again) and the Flanders north. Love belgium and have been there many times.

have very good Flanders friends fom Beigem

very similar histoy to ourselves without the killing

Tony Baloney

Did one of you McCooey's not get boosted by armed peelers in Belgium or was that a real person?

milltown row

unless he was a Liverpool supporter, when they ran riot after the Heysel Disaster

Tony Baloney

If I recall it was a fella I used to work with. The peelers thought they were smuggling drugs or something. Which they weren't. He was from Andytown.