Peter Canavan

Started by corcaioch, November 13, 2009, 06:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corcaioch

Tyrone Dreamer

Any footage anywhere of his point v Donegal in the 1994 ulster semi final?

longrunsthefox

...and then sometimes the camera doesn't see Peter...  ;)

under the bar

Quote...and then sometimes the camera doesn't see Peter...  ;)

and I'm sure it didn't see everything you got up to either

longrunsthefox

Quote from: under the bar on November 13, 2009, 11:28:31 PM
Quote...and then sometimes the camera doesn't see Peter...  ;)

and I'm sure it didn't see everything you got up to either

I didn't say he got up to anything? Did he?  :o

Mike Sheehy

Well, I suppose he was an effective player in his own way but he wouldn't have had the natural talent and genius of say, a Maurice Fitzgerald now would he ?

I'd say he might have made the subs bench on the Kerry team of the 80's and would probably have been a league regular while Jacko and the lads were on the piss for the winter. So yeah, he was decent enough I suppose.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 14, 2009, 05:51:49 AM
Well, I suppose he was an effective player in his own way but he wouldn't have had the natural talent and genius of say, a Maurice Fitzgerald now would he ?

I'd say he might have made the subs bench on the Kerry team of the 80's and would probably have been a league regular while Jacko and the lads were on the piss for the winter. So yeah, he was decent enough I suppose.

yawn!!  ::)
That was never a square ball!!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 14, 2009, 06:48:47 AM

yawn!!  ::)

yeah, he was kind of a dull player alright..wasn't he ..?

....come on Bennyharp..as one of the more obvious Tymoan wums I would have expected a bit better than a weak emoticon in response,
but, then again, I've always had tymoanie wums like you like you for breakfast............................................burp !

Kingdom abu !

Zapatista

Even towards the end of his career he was staring on Tyrone teams that were better than the Kerry teams of the time. I suppose there's no harm in a little fun guessing at what he would have been like playing for Kerry in the 80s.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Zapatista on November 14, 2009, 10:13:54 AM

Even towards the end of his career he was staring on Tyrone teams that were better than the Kerry teams of the time. I suppose there's no harm in a little fun guessing at what he would have been like playing for Kerry in the 80s.

"Tyrone teams that were better than the Kerry teams of the time".....nahh, moe cynical and systemized but better ? ...no. Not a hope.

yes, your right, it is a bit of fun. I would never seriously entertain the idea of Canavan as part of that kerry panel, nerver mind the first 15.

EC Unique

Best player the game has ever had. No argument.

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on November 14, 2009, 10:38:14 AM

Not within Tyrone anyway.............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on November 14, 2009, 10:48:21 AM

Anybody that understands the game knows he is...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: EC Unique on November 14, 2009, 10:49:45 AM
Quote from: Minder on November 14, 2009, 10:48:21 AM

Anybody that understands the game knows he is...

Frank McGuigan was the best but as you are from Ballygawley and probably on Peter's panel or related to him you will say that  :o