Best Radio Quote

Started by dublinnative, November 09, 2009, 02:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinnative

Sorry if there is already a thread somewhere for this type of thing.

I was listening to the matches yesterday on the radio and I thought that this was a peach.

Commentator trying to fill in empty air time

'there is alot of grass on the pitch...'

Enough said

muppet

Quote from: dublinnative on November 09, 2009, 02:24:41 PM
Sorry if there is already a thread somewhere for this type of thing.

I was listening to the matches yesterday on the radio and I thought that this was a peach.

Commentator trying to fill in empty air time

'there is alot of grass on the pitch...'

Enough said

even more on the hill.... ;)
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Michéal O'Hehir was doing a commentary on a Cork v Kilkenny final once. Alan Losty was playing for Cork.
Losty went for a ball and in the ensuing tussle he lost his stick and then both his shoes  but he somehow managed to win the ball and came out with it in his grasp.
As he attempted to give a pass, he was met head on by a Kilkenny player and got flattened.
As O'Hehir was to describe it on a radio chat show many years later, his commentary had gone something like this:
"And here comes Alan Losty now with the ball in his hands. He's stick less, he's bootless but he's definitely not ball less as he looks around for support.....well, maybe he is now!"
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

stew

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 10, 2009, 08:23:37 PM
Michéal O'Hehir was doing a commentary on a Cork v Kilkenny final once. Alan Losty was playing for Cork.
Losty went for a ball and in the ensuing tussle he lost his stick and then both his shoes  but he somehow managed to win the ball and came out with it in his grasp.
As he attempted to give a pass, he was met head on by a Kilkenny player and got flattened.
As O'Hehir was to describe it on a radio chat show many years later, his commentary had gone something like this:
"And here comes Alan Losty now with the ball in his hands. He's stick less, he's bootless but he's definitely not ball less as he looks around for support.....well, maybe he is now!"

:D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.