Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Started by thebigfella, November 09, 2009, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Just to be smug, I'm up to level 42 online with a kill ratio of 3.22  ;D

Took the day of work though to get a bit of a run at it  ;)

pintsofguinness

After an hour and half online last night, level 4 - 15 kills and 69 deaths  :-[
0.22 ratio  :-[

I've always got the lowest score in my team too
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tankie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 14, 2009, 12:29:43 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 14, 2009, 12:28:50 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 14, 2009, 12:27:03 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 14, 2009, 12:25:40 AM
Whats the craic with online anyway..
Can you just go around killing whoever you like?

Can we all just set up our own game? I wouldn't mind killing a few of ye especially Tankie  :D
If you're struggling on recruit I dont think you'd be killing too many online

I'd put a bullet in you no problem
Probably, everyone else seems to...

so when is the gaaboard free-for-all taking place?
Grand Slam Saturday!

mc_grens

... And can we have a volunteer to stand still in the middle of the map and pretend to be Fearon.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 14, 2009, 09:24:55 AM

Pints that's a good thing. People that are good at online games generally have poor social skills. That is a fact for free.

Tony Baloney

Pints that's a good thing. People that are good at online games generally have poor social skills. That is a fact for free.

Back in the day I was the daddy of Unreal Tournament in work. When I went online it was a different story.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 14, 2009, 02:22:25 PM

Back in the day I was the daddy of Unreal Tournament in work. When I went online it was a different story.

Unreal Tournament was some craic at work with all the lads at lunch. Wild competitive. I was the master, never played online though.

Still havent played Modern Warfare 2, Qatar have not got xbox 360 ones yet >:(. Looking everywhere.

Just on a side issue, this isnt under the Call of Duty brand, but Ive seen programmes, reviews say Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 but this is false isnt and giving COD some free ads.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Gnevin

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 15, 2009, 09:21:04 AM

Just on a side issue, this isnt under the Call of Duty brand, but Ive seen programmes, reviews say Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 but this is false isnt and giving COD some free ads.

No it's correct. They dropped the Call of Duty part some time back but then put it back. I'm looking at the box now and it says Call of Duty on the front.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

mc_grens

If that's anything other than a joke he needs counselling.

Galwaybhoy

Lads online mode is hard.  I see another player, I fire about five times and miss he hits me once and I die.  I think the most kills I have gotten in a game is 4.   ;D

I think I know how that kid in the youtube video feels.... :P

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 21, 2009, 08:03:56 PM
Lads online mode is hard.  I see somone firse about five times and miss he hits me once and I die.  I think the most kills I have gotten in a game is 4.   ;D

I think I know how that kid in the youtube video feels.... :P
Im improving on it.
I think I got about 3 streaks of 5 now and got the helicopters to come in, finished one game with 16 kills!  :o (think I was second)

I'm on level 18 now (sergeant first class), 278 kills and 596 deaths, that's a ratio of 0.47 after 14 hours 35 minutes of online play

I think I'm getting a bit bored with it online though. 

new devil

Thinking about getting it..Wouldn't really be big into games but have heard a lot  off talk about this game..worth getting?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: new devil on November 21, 2009, 08:14:44 PM
Thinking about getting it..Wouldn't really be big into games but have heard a lot  off talk about this game..worth getting?
hhmmmm, unless you're planning to play online I'd say no.  Do you normally like shooters? I've enjoyed it but it's not close to making my top games list.  (cod WAW does though!)
And btw, if you're not big into games and haven't played many shooters you probably won't enjoy it online unless you like watching yourself being shot on a killcam.