Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Started by thebigfella, November 09, 2009, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2009, 07:43:15 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on November 09, 2009, 07:20:34 PM
These games are ALL about the online play. I still play the original Modern Warfare online and it's been around over 2 years now.

I probably won't go near the single player for a couple weeks!
Do you not get bored running around the same maps all the time when the only objective is to shoot someone else?
Maybe it's because  keep dying all the time but I get bored with it.

Not really. It takes ages to learn the nuances of every map. And I find they tend to release new ones just when I'm gettin bored.

It's more about the challenge of outfoxing a living breathing opponent. Especially if you can play in squads with friends.

screenmachine

Does sainsburys open at 12 tonight? I wouldn't imagine 100 copies would sit around too long!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

pintsofguinness

Watch though because my local asda is 24 hour and I went in on my way to work, about half 8, the morning FIFA came out (they were doing it for £26 quid) to get one and they weren't on the shelves, didn't start selling them to 9am. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2009, 07:40:47 PM
There's loads of early releases, go on to the xbox forum and plenty are playing it, some had it on Friday!
Tesco direct sent out their orders last week
Game orders have all arrived early - friday and saturday
Someone posted up a receipt after he bought it in sainsbury's - I think on saturday!

What are the forums saying..is it any good?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 09, 2009, 10:23:48 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 09, 2009, 07:40:47 PM
There's loads of early releases, go on to the xbox forum and plenty are playing it, some had it on Friday!
Tesco direct sent out their orders last week
Game orders have all arrived early - friday and saturday
Someone posted up a receipt after he bought it in sainsbury's - I think on saturday!

What are the forums saying..is it any good?

Any of the comments I read on it have been good.  Some lad has finished the SP too!

screenmachine

Pre-ordered it on Amazon just, I wouldnt be getting to Sainsburys until tomorrow evening anyway so I'll not lose out too mch game time!  Can't wait all the same, gonna bring it over to a friends and play 1 on 1 online with two separate consoles with two TV's back to back, unreal!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Shrek

Went to sainsbury's on his way to work this morning.

they where all sold out.  :'(

gonna try ASDA's.

lurganblue

packed the wife and baby out this morning to sainsburys as i went to work. queued out the door in Craigavon but she did it and i have it. Cant wait to finish work now  ;D

Shrek

phoned asda's and they have plenty of PS3 versions in stock.

that was a 8.45am

cant get to ASDA's until closer to 1pm - hope they still are in stock. ::)

tyroneboi

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyroneboi on November 10, 2009, 06:32:44 PM
Anyone picked up a copy yet?
Well mine's waiting for me at home...

10/10 for argos on their preorders I must say.

mc_grens

Class.

Mist go to bed, must go to bed... Ah f**k it. One more Deathmatch...

lurganblue

Excellent game. Barely got playing story mode before I had to go online. Can't join with friends though. Keeps saying it's nolonger valid. Teething problems?

Shrek

got mine yesterday, loving it so far

only had a short stint playing offline before i had to go online.  only to realise how cack i am, spent most of my time watching killcam  ;D

there is problems with the invite system which i have no doubt ifinity will sort out.  it does seem to be a problem with the PSN though.

the new invite system is cack all the same.

although im rubbish im loving it.

lurganblue

Quote from: Shrek on November 11, 2009, 08:56:36 AM
got mine yesterday, loving it so far

only had a short stint playing offline before i had to go online.  only to realise how cack i am, spent most of my time watching killcam  ;D

there is problems with the invite system which i have no doubt ifinity will sort out.  it does seem to be a problem with the PSN though.

the new invite system is cack all the same.

although im rubbish im loving it.

aye i'm brutal at it too but sure.  weird invite system. cant say i like that at all.  I had the headset on last night and all the yanks/canadians were also commenting that the invites werent working.

tired in work today though