Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Started by thebigfella, November 09, 2009, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrek

supposidly (sp) they should have a fix for the invite by Friday.

Gnevin

Heard you can't have a private party you must join everyone is this correct?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Minder

I got COD 4 about six months ago but hardly played it as I had the PS3 in the living room and childrens tv rules in our house. I now have the PS3 in the bedroom, is COD4 worth persevering with or should I just sell it on eBay and buy COD Modern Warfare 2?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shrek

whats your thought on the Airport Scene Lurgan?

mc_grens

Bit mad isn't it? When I played it I shot yer man 1st thing. I'm Dudley Do Right, obviously I had to play through the scene the right way then. It's pretty brutal. Unfortunately it's a case of Art imitating life, albeit on a more extreme scale. Some twist at the end of the level too. 

I think that scene doesn't come up if you answer no to the question about upsetting content. There is an alternative.

I think the most astounding thing about the game are the small details e.g. The lads playing basketball in the background while you're training (very generation kill). Also the civilians in the airport stopping to try and help each other. Very impressed so far.

The multiplayer is astounding. Very well thought out, intricate maps. Great weapons. Love the supply drop idea. The only thing is I think some of the special powers are too strong (I'm talking about you AC130!). Love the submarine pen snow map and the hill top house map.

pintsofguinness

Playing it now, impressed.

The airport scene  :o Good put if it had to be a supermarket we attacked it'd be even better!
Snowmobiles were excellent too.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 11, 2009, 07:36:45 PM

The airport scene  :o Good put if it had to be a supermarket we attacked it'd be even better!

They were talking about this on the Ray Foley show on Today FM today..
They didn't want to give away too much but is the airport scene Level 3?
They were saying you had to answer YES/NO if you wanted to actually play the level..
Hoping to get this on friday,what are the prices in for us in the south?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 11, 2009, 08:34:30 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 11, 2009, 07:36:45 PM

They were talking about this on the Ray Foley show on Today FM today..
They didn't want to give away too much but is the airport scene Level 3?
They were saying you had to answer YES/NO if you wanted to actually play the level..
Hoping to get this on friday,what are the prices in for us in the south?
They were on about it on Joe Duffy too according to my mother!
It's pretty shocking to be fair.  I'm surprised there wasn't more talk about it. 
You're asked at the start of the game if you want to skip the violent levels. 

lurganblue

It is a shocking level to be honest and I couldn't quite believe it to start with. It carrys on for a long time too.

Online seems to be down tonight on ps3 so I may actually play some of the game :(

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lurganblue on November 11, 2009, 10:17:20 PM
It is a shocking level to be honest and I couldn't quite believe it to start with. It carrys on for a long time too.

Online seems to be down tonight on ps3 so I may actually play some of the game :(
Bit annoyed with single player campaign, it's VERY short.  I'm almost finished the second act, that's only after about 4 hours play.

mc_grens

Online is the ONLY way to go. I've only played up to the end of the airport, cos I've been online all the time.

It's savage.

lurganblue

Doesn't bother me pints. Thought the last one was short too. It's all about online so the sooner they get the bugs fixed the better.

Is online working on xbox tonight?

mc_grens

Yep. Haven't had a host migration or a disconnect all evening either.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lurganblue on November 11, 2009, 11:08:39 PM
Doesn't bother me pints. Thought the last one was short too. It's all about online so the sooner they get the bugs fixed the better.

Is online working on xbox tonight?
My xbox gold membership expired few weeks ago so I dont know, but there's no mention of it being down on the forums so I assume it's fine.

lurganblue

Feck. I can't even get connected to the server.  :'(