iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebloggs

Yea its called you tube download, send me a pm and ill see if i can email it to you, it downloads the url from youtube, saves it and then you can get it to convert the downloaded file into ipod format which is alot quicker than itunes

Syd

Is there a lead i can use to connect my ipod to hi-fi speakers? Cheers

Main Street

Quote from: Syd on June 13, 2007, 11:29:34 AM
Is there a lead i can use to connect my ipod to hi-fi speakers? Cheers
Your iPod wouldn't have enough grunt to drive hi fi speakers.
The usual way is to connect to  rca inputs on any amplifier
Cable is single 3.5mm mini jack with 2 rca plugs 

The Real Laoislad

While trying to free up space on my laptop i deleted my music folder as i didn't think i needed as i had all my music on itunes,but seemingly it affects itunes as i now can't play any of the songs i have stored on it.
I do still have all the songs on my ipod though so does anyone know of a way of putting songs back onto my laptop from my ipod?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

aidanmcg33

Be careful of this, as you can easily wipe the ipod and then you lose all your music. If you open windows explorer, and select your ipod, and then the iPod_Control folder, There is a music folder with all your music. You could create a copy of this before hand just to make sure.

Main Street

QuoteWhile trying to free up space on my laptop i deleted my music folder as i didn't think i needed as i had all my music on itunes,but seemingly it affects itunes as i now can't play any of the songs i have stored on it.
I do still have all the songs on my ipod though so does anyone know of a way of putting songs back onto my laptop from my ipod?

The first thing you have to do before you do anything else is to check with
options/preferences
advanced
General
make sure there is a tick in the box for
Copy tunes to iTunes music folder when adding to the library

Most likely you had not selected when you added tunes to the iTunes library from your music folder.
That is why you lost them when you trashed the music folder files.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Main Street on July 31, 2007, 09:18:03 PM
QuoteWhile trying to free up space on my laptop i deleted my music folder as i didn't think i needed as i had all my music on itunes,but seemingly it affects itunes as i now can't play any of the songs i have stored on it.

The first thing you have to do before you do anything else is to check with
options/preferences
advanced
General
make sure there is a tick in the box for
Copy tunes to iTunes music folder when adding to the library

Most likely you had not selected when you added tunes to the iTunes library from your music folder.
That is why you lost them when you trashed the music folder files.

Thanks Main St i will do that in future.Any idea how i can get the rest back or transfer them from ipod back to pc?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Homer

Tyrones own

Quote from: ziggysego on June 06, 2007, 10:11:40 PM
Some days I'm up early and some not. Up early tomorrow, so I'm dreading tonight.

Just curious, does neither of you two boys have work to go to?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Main Street

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 31, 2007, 11:55:28 PM
Thanks Main St i will do that in future.Any idea how i can get the rest back or transfer them from ipod back to pc?
That software looks grand and it says it's free.
But without the licence key you will only be able to transfer one tune at a time.

iPods can sync with iTunes  both ways.
You can transfer purchased tunes from your iPod to iTunes  just using iTunes.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/sync/transfer.html

I'll have a look and see if there is an elegant way of tranferring non purchased files without having to spend cash

I think anyway you will have to delete the orphaned files from iTunes Library.

Once you are set up again, then you can uncheck the auto sync option or just check the manual control box.
For general use, "Auto syncing" on full time is for the very lazy

Main Street

Manual Transfer for free, Because the music folder on your iPod is hidden there is a way to reveal it and copy the tunes to your hard drive.

http://playlistmag.com/secrets/2006/12/twowaystreet20/index.php

Otherwise use a utility

iPod rip looks hand for 5 uses and will do the whole job you need

You can also read reviews of some of them here: Wired News - Rescue Your Stranded Tunes
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/11/72132

TuneJack Windows Only
iPod2PC Windows Only
iGadget Windows Only
iDump Windows Only
iRepo Windows Only
iPodRip Mac & Windows
YamiPod Mac and Windows Versions
Music Rescue Mac & Windows
iPodCopy Mac and Windows Versions

PS
you do understand that if your iPod is connected ITunes ( if the option is set already)
iTunes will try to replace the music on your iPod automatically with the tunes you have in iTunes Library.
That is Syncing
You do not want syncing
Syncing will remove your iPod music files and replace them with iTunes Library file

You can stop the syncing immediatly it starts, with no problems
If  iTunes starts to Sync automatically
You can stop it by clicking on the x in the little window that displays the info about what tune is playing

or as soon as your iPod begins to display "Do Not Disconnect", begin to press and hold the Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard together simultaneously.
Continue to hold these keys for about 20 seconds after your iPod is showing up in the Source List in iTunes.

Duine Eile

Ok have a quick question, can I buy music off the itunes store using a laser card or does it have to be credit card?

ziggysego

Has to be credit card to my knowledge.
Testing Accessibility

Duine Eile