Ewe wants a united Ireland

Started by Hereiam, November 03, 2009, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 04, 2009, 11:42:09 AM
Quote from: Tankie on November 04, 2009, 11:38:30 AM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on November 04, 2009, 10:43:32 AM
But yet if a catholic farmers sheep had gotten union jacks painted on them there would be outrage on here.

i'll second that...serious case of double standards lads....this is costing the farmer money and should have a police investigation

how is it costing the farmer money tankie ? is he going to get them dry cleaned or something ?

he could lose the unborn and also cannot give them a hair cut until the dye comes out, there is also just the general hasstle that comes with acts of vandalism
Grand Slam Saturday!

Franko

Quote from: Tankie on November 04, 2009, 11:47:36 AM
But yet if a catholic farmers sheep had gotten union jacks painted on them there would be outrage on here.

i'll second that...serious case of double standards lads....this is costing the farmer money and should have a police investigation

how is it costing the farmer money tankie ? is he going to get them dry cleaned or something ?

he could lose the unborn and also cannot give them a hair cut until the dye comes out, there is also just the general hasstle that comes with acts of vandalism

:D :D :D

saffron sam2

Yes and were he to get any money in compensation, you can bet that every single sheep on the island would be painted by the weekend. Hate farmers with their culchie accents and dung stained welly boots.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tankie you'd be better leaving the farming to us country boys.  ;)
Tbc....

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Franko on November 04, 2009, 11:49:48 AM

sure they can grow a mullett
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lfdown2

ziggysego

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but....... I agree with you WABWAW :(
Testing Accessibility

Master Yoda

Quote from: ziggysego on November 04, 2009, 12:46:44 PM

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but....... I agree with you WABWAW :(

Wise up, Its only a bit of craic. I had a good laugh at this and I wouldn't be bothered one bit if it was the other way about.

I got my TV licence fee the other day, £148 is some value for quality investigative journalism of this nature.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

The Forfeit Point

key word right there

Zapatista

What is that based on? It's tradition to paint sheep in GAA colours.

fitzroyalty

Personally I thought it was hilarious. That farmer should get a sense of humour

Donagh

Then you'd both be wrong. Doesn't become double standards until it actually happens not what you think may happen. As for costing him money  ::)

haranguerer

I would think theres very little chance of that happening - usual sensationalism for a 'story'. The sheep are bound to be well used to being handled, and in the course of their pregnancy will have to be rounded up for more invasive procedures than that which took place here.

As for the claim, if the boys lucky the brits will send out a helicopter to investigate the local rising - he'll be able to claim for the whole flock then  :D

Ziggy, and wabwaw, I honestly dont think there would be anyone up in arms on here if the shoe was on the other foot. No doubt there would be a few murmurings, but the dyeing of sheep deliberately introduces a comedy value which completely undermines any sinister connotations. I think I'd have a grudging respect tbh.

It never would have happened the other way round though, cos everyone knows prods have neither imagination nor a sense of humor  :P

Zapatista

He could seel the raw product to Carrickmore.

lurganblue

as much as it is funny, ffs its a non story and how it made bbc new i'll never know.  Next week they will be reporting from someones gable wall where some madman has wrote CIRA in big letters. the cheek  ::)