Top 3 rips you have ever had....

Started by Overthebar!, November 03, 2009, 04:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 03, 2009, 08:22:48 PM
1- any Friday night in the Hatfield, in my heyday
2- Any Fitzgibbon, during the same period
3- Can't even remember the rest of 'em.

That one surprises me- used to go down the Hat the odd Friday evening because I worked Saturdays in Belfast, there'd be feck all students about just a few old boys, we'd maybe go just for 2 jars and a game of darts.

As has been alluded to just thinking back to glorious past rips can make you strangely emotional.  Top 3 in terms of unadulterated enjoyment:

1) Week of deadly weather in Belfast 2006 last term - sun was blazing all week, carry out outside the house every day from Neighbours time at the latest, brilliant craic
2) Wildwood 2005 - whole summer really but in particular the day we'd a bus going up to Giants stadium for Chelsea Milan, bus left at 9 and the owner of the Harbour opened the bar early for us for a lock of free shots, back in the Harbour that night was unreal
3) The previously mentioned fat jim extravaganza or else maybe Berlin last summer, it was the first stop when inter-railing, savage value for 3 nights in Generator Hostel

playwiththewind1st

That was in the good old days, before it even got an upstairs & was taken over by the Holylands mob. Couple of crates of Belgian cider outta the Fitzroy Winemark in me before I went down. It was the era of TV Joe doing his bingo on Fri nights & there was an ould boy who only ever said "suffering ducks" - it was always bunged on Fri nights [from what I remember]. Everybody bought a last round, so I remember knocking back pints of Black Russians at the end of the night lol. Occasionally, it was like the Colosseum & somebody would get shot in it - don't think any of the drinkers noticed.

High Wide and Handsome

not an easy 1. had a few over last couple summers etc.

1) me and mate on razzle for 14 days in chicago and on way home
2) freshers week final year
3) bruce springsteen concert in summer. ended up in other part of country.

SHAWS DAY RIPS ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE UP THERE
"Swing er over!"

whiskeysteve

hats off to overthebar, good thread.

Rav67 I am shocked T in the park 2003 didnt make your top 3...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Rav67

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 04, 2009, 01:29:14 PM

Forgot all about that one!  That was deadly, first proper 3-day rip I was ever on probably.  What would be your top 3 steve?

Puckoon

1. A cousins wedding that ended up the next day in biddys o' barnes in barnes gap, then a taxi to the fleadh in dromore, then a taxi to cookstown the following day circa some time in 2000
2. A weekend in London with the old man, we never sobered from we got on the red eye, also 2000
3. Soccer tournament in temecula, California in January past.

Honourable mention to the rip embarked on upon hearing the demise of Michael Jackson. We loaded up the jukebox in the local and got rightly.

Archie Mitchell

Was good craic on this board the night Jacko died.

whiskeysteve

"The night... they drove old Jacko down...
and the mods were raging..."

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Rav67 on November 04, 2009, 01:58:52 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 04, 2009, 01:29:14 PM

Forgot all about that one!  That was deadly, first proper 3-day rip I was ever on probably.  What would be your top 3 steve?

requires great reflection rav...

wildwood was the longest rip
the all day with the beer belly device was the most intense
t in the park would be up there for best craic...

Massey-135

here what was this fat jim appreciation rip? i've often heard it romanticised about but never knew what it was? i mind renshaws the day all them fellas were in with the steve irwin t-shirts. back in belfast golden era

stew

1) AI finale day in 2002.

2) Day after AI day in 2002.

3) 2 days after AI day in 2002.

We started at the the Harps,then went on to  Mickeys, Devvies, Joes, Rafferties, The Toby Jug, The Charlemont, The new hotel, the cricket club, the rugby club and last but by no means least wilfies. :-[ :-[ :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Family guy

Caid

Quote from: Family guy on November 06, 2009, 11:45:58 PM
1.Tonite
2. Tomorrow
3. Sunday
;D

You havent had many good rips if tonight was the best and your posting on the board at 11.45!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

ballinaman

Calfornia July/August 08 - 35 nights in a row on the sauce

Santa Barbara/San Diego/Tijuana/Rosarito/Vegas/Santa Barbara.....think my top 3 rips would be somewhere in there :)

50fiftyball

Going strictly only by ones that lasted 2 days or more of course!  ;)

Top 3:

1) Barcelona 2014 Stag : 13 of us, deadly city with plenty of bars and great buzz about it, weather just nice as well. Literally never sobered for the whole 3 days - worst hangover ever!

2) Monaghan town - Went to Fairyhouse Easter Sunday with no plans, ended up staying in Monaghan for 2 days on the way home! The Squealing Pig some spot.

3) In the last month - Amsterdam - Class spot, can do as much or as little as you want in terms of wildness!!  ;D ;)

Worst 2:

1) Magaluf July '14 - did not like that sh*thole at all, just the big gangs of union jack-laden english lads and the general tackiness of the whole place, we ended up heading to Santa Ponsa most nights, it was class and full of your own on the same wavelength!

2) Newcastle Paddy's day 2013 - Honestly had nothing good to say about it, thought that whole Tiger tiger area and bars a completely different crowd, limited bar choice as well.