Top 3 rips you have ever had....

Started by Overthebar!, November 03, 2009, 04:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

excellent thread. Especially looking forward to charlie stubbs' contribution  :D

1.The Dam last year
2. first lads holiday santa ponsa (where else)
3. two day rip in liverpool which came about as a direct result of previous rip in belfast the night before

honourable mentions to farce dance, the boxing event in armagh (when the great thug mccarron knocked out some cross heure), countless hours of bliss spent in sha's, student loan rips, Armagh matches, christmas rips

The Blegard

Quote from: ludermor on November 03, 2009, 05:17:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8220301.stm
wonder how this lad is getting on?
He is fine. The problem with young lads nowadays is the shots,aftershocks and all that rubbish. why cant they sit down quietly and have 8 or 9 pints nice and steady for themselves  :-[
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

Archie Mitchell

I forgot to add in the holiday to Crete with ONL, charlie stubbs, Tommy Tight Lips, JimStynes, kinghen and the rest of the lads.

rossie mad

Stag Krakow in February.
Spent three solid days drunk.First time i seen a lad sleeping standing up with no support.
Spent two days solid drinking vodka and spent one night drinking in a brothel with a prossie (tryed convincing her to get another job ::)while two mates were banging seven shades out of anything that moved inside it.
Got some slagging next day for spending the night talking to her.

London 2005 spent 4 days solid with 6 mates.Got thrown out of a pub for singing the auld triangle and spent the day drinking with three rangers fans from tyrone ;)

Last Xmas

Spent from stephens day to new years solid in the local
Fell asleep in the car one night.woke next morning had a change of clothes in the boot so changed into a different shirt walked across the road woke up the landlord and had the gang assembled within the hour.two days later i finished up ringing in the new year asleep in the jacks.Actually felt ashamed and depressed for a week after.missus and young buck at home.
My missus didnt speak to me for a week.

Zapatista

Quote from: Overthebar! on November 03, 2009, 04:21:50 PM
ah forgot about shaws! apparently i got kicked out one day, one of my proudest moments!

I got kicked out of an Ozzy Osbourne concert. I'm proud of that. Prince of darkness my ass :D

ONeill

Rugby trip to Edinburgh '04
Rugby trip to Dublin '02
Man Utd v Arsenal '03

Haven't been on a two-dayer since I think.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

anglocelt39

how long have you and your mates been involved in the Roscommon panel ;D
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

gawa316

Liverpool 05 - Went over to watch champions league final there. Was supposed to be home in 3 days ended up being 5. Rebooked 1st flight, missed 2nd flight, ferry was delayed for a day...defo worth it though

Prague 04 - 3 day stag...worst nightmares of my life after that

Chester 01 - Last week of Uni, never out of the union

playwiththewind1st

1- any Friday night in the Hatfield, in my heyday
2- Any Fitzgibbon, during the same period
3- Can't even remember the rest of 'em.

brokencrossbar1

1) 17th March 1997 to sometime in April 1997 after beating Knockmore, drunk for 19 out of 21 days ;D

2)  Trip to Tipp, 1992 bejaysus some beer, wacky stuff and dirty women that weekend.

3)  1990 ish, the first (and last) time I drank Southern Comfort at a Mullgahbawn disco.  Big Bro BC beat the shite out of me the next day but it was worth it :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

1. Liverpool 06 for a stag do
2. Edinburgh 04 for a stag do
3. End of term this year - out 4 nights in a row, 3 of them sitting drinking vodka till somewhere between 5 and 7 in the morning. Absolutely died for the next 2 days.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RedandGreenSniper

Jesus trying to knock it down to three is awful hard. Santa Ponsa with 11 lads after the Leaving Cert results in 01. First two rag weeks. New Year trips to Newcastle (06) and Killarney (08). Father Ted Fancy Dress Booze Cruise in Sydney last year. Some many other weekends in Oz, particularly Ireland v Oz in rugby in Melbourne June 08. Fancy dress as Mayo 1989 players last weekend. And so many more.

But the three best are easily these:

3: Oxegen 2007. Pure craic from Friday afternoon all the way until Monday morning. Carnage. It was a mud bath so at 7pm on Friday four of us decided to do Klinnsmans in the mud to get the getting dirty out of the way. We dragged a few more in with us! It was perpetual happiness for the weekend. Worst hangover ever but I'd do it again.

2: Because of work commitments I get to enjoy very little Mayo victories on Sundays so the Saturday night after we beat Tyrone in 2004 was something else. Some rush of euphoria. Grown Mayo men had tears in their eyes and every single minute was memorable. When we win Sam I can only imagine what the party will be like.

1: Edinburgh for New Years in 2005. Four solid days and nights of pure and utter debauchery. Great town. 12 of us. Great company. Great times. Nearly emotional thinking about it!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 03, 2009, 10:39:18 PM
Jesus trying to knock it down to three is awful hard. Santa Ponsa with 11 lads after the Leaving Cert results in 01. First two rag weeks. New Year trips to Newcastle (06) and Killarney (08). Father Ted Fancy Dress Booze Cruise in Sydney last year. Some many other weekends in Oz, particularly Ireland v Oz in rugby in Melbourne June 08. Fancy dress as Mayo 1989 players last weekend. And so many more.

3: Oxegen 2007. Pure craic from Friday afternoon all the way until Monday morning. Carnage. It was a mud bath so at 7pm on Friday four of us decided to do Klinnsmans in the mud to get the getting dirty out of the way. We dragged a few more in with us! It was perpetual happiness for the weekend. Worst hangover ever but I'd do it again.

2: Because of work commitments I get to enjoy very little Mayo victories on Sundays so the Saturday night after we beat Tyrone in 2004 was something else. Some rush of euphoria. Grown Mayo men had tears in their eyes and every single minute was memorable. When we win Sam I can only imagine what the party will be like.

1: Edinburgh for New Years in 2005. Four solid days and nights of pure and utter debauchery. Great town. 12 of us. Great company. Great times. Nearly emotional thinking about it!

Only one night - doesn't count!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 03, 2009, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 03, 2009, 10:39:18 PM

Only one night - doesn't count!

Oh yeah! Well we did the dog on it Friday night too so we're still good! Also I told the lads I wouldn't go out Saturday night unless Mayo won. I was certain I was heading west. Rarely been happier being wrong.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year