Girl Power doesnt seem to work anymore

Started by rossie mad, November 03, 2009, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossie mad

Supreme Court upholds golf club ban
Tuesday, 3 November 2009 12:32
The Supreme Court has ruled that Portmarnock Golf Club can continue to exclude women as full members because it is exempted under equal status legislation.

The court, by a majority of three to two, upheld a decision by the High Court four years ago and dismissed an appeal by the Equality Authority.

This ruling centred on how a section of the Equal Status Act should be interpreted.

AdvertisementWomen can play golf at the north Dublin course but cannot become full members.

In 2005, the High Court overturned a District Court decision and ruled that Portmarnock was not a discriminating club because its principal purpose was to cater only for the needs of a particular gender, an exemption allowed under the legislation.

The Supreme Court upheld that ruling this morning.

Portmarnock can now continue to be a registered club - meaning it can continue to sell alcohol - without changing its membership policy.

A spokesman for the Equality Authority said the authority welcomed the fact that the Supreme Court had now clarified the law. He said the Oireachtas could now examine whether or not the Equal Status Act needed to be amended.

Joanna McMinn of the Equality Rights Alliance said the law needed to be changed and the decision was a bad day for equality and a bad day for women.

John Quigley, General Manager of Portmarnock Golf Club, said the club was pleased with the court's decision.

A bit of a kick in the stones for the bra burners.

I dont sem to understand this ruling.
They can exclude women from becoming a member on the grounds that membership is soley for one gender.

Well if thats the case can i set up a non femaile club without being brought to court for breach of equality laws?

dodo

Soon complaints will be received that the hoors are not permitted into male dressing rooms

Hardy

A woman came into the mens' dressingroom at a swimming pool one time. There were about a dozen of us in there, mostly in our pelts. It was one of the strangest episodes I've ever seen.

She was well into the middle of the room before she realised she was in the wrong place. She just lost it completely then and just ran blindly at the wall as if she could run through it. When she hit the wall, she galloped off in another random direction until she hit another wall. She was carrying her basket of clothes in front of her, so that was helping her bounce back off the walls and saving her from hurting herself too badly. She was exactly like a bird that gets into the house flying into the walls and windows in panic. She just couldn't get it together enough to look up and find the door.

After a few rebounds, one of the men present took her by the shoulders, aimed her at the door and let her go and she went out through it like the pink into the corner pocket without touching the jaws. Nobody said anything.

BerfArmagh

The decision was correct, i take back all my criticisms of the judiciary

mournerambler

Is it not widely known that the letters in golf are for , gents only ladies forbidden.
Would it be possible for me to join the WI, thank Christ somebody has stood up against this equality nonsense, they only want equality when it suits them, next thing these women will be looking to vote :P

thebigfella

Sure you can have women only gyms and health clubs. Some of these women (sorry fat dykes with nothing better to do) should f**king get a life, imagine their uproar if men kicked off about women only gyms and discrimation. I wonder how much money this cost  ::)

ziggysego

Imagine if there was a male version of UTV's Loose Women.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: Hardy on November 03, 2009, 02:00:38 PM
A woman came into the mens' dressingroom at a swimming pool one time. There were about a dozen of us in there, mostly in our pelts. It was one of the strangest episodes I've ever seen.

She was well into the middle of the room before she realised she was in the wrong place. She just lost it completely then and just ran blindly at the wall as if she could run through it. When she hit the wall, she galloped off in another random direction until she hit another wall. She was carrying her basket of clothes in front of her, so that was helping her bounce back off the walls and saving her from hurting herself too badly. She was exactly like a bird that gets into the house flying into the walls and windows in panic. She just couldn't get it together enough to look up and find the door.

After a few rebounds, one of the men present took her by the shoulders, aimed her at the door and let her go and she went out through it like the pink into the corner pocket without touching the jaws. Nobody said anything.

:D :D :D

rossie mad

Quote from: ziggysego on November 03, 2009, 03:31:33 PM

I dont think it could be aired ziggy well not before 10pm anyway  ;D

who would the presenters be?

First topic would be probably along the lines of Women drivers :o

First guest definitly Rchel Riley

As the master HOMER SIMPSON would say ahhhh

5 Sams

A ruling by the Supreme Court...majority of 3 to 2...

....hmmm....whats the odds the 3 oul duffers who upheld the decision are members of a men only golf club...just a thought!
The Aristocrat Years

Drumanee 1

leenie

Quote from: rossie mad on November 03, 2009, 03:37:50 PM

why don't you start a loose men thread.... you could choose 6 0r 7 male posters to contribute to it each day ......

i would be intrigued to see what ye can come up with...

ziggy could be the main presenter/ poster
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on November 03, 2009, 03:53:54 PM

why don't you start a loose men thread.... you could choose 6 0r 7 male posters to contribute to it each day ......

Hold your horses young lady. I don't contribute to these 'lads' threads!!  :o
Testing Accessibility

rossie mad

Brillant idea.

What do the lads reckon?

Any ideas?

Topics such as
Womens rights (what rights?)
Bikinis or swimsuits?
Cheryl or nadine?
That young blonde thing nicole off home and away!!
Best postion to watch the footie on the box upright or slouched on the couch?
Oasis or Blur?
Rachel Riley.
34D or 34DD?
SEX. in the morning or before you go to sleep?
Do men like breakfast in bed or served for them on the table?
Blonde or Brunette or anything that moves?

All of the above could be discussed on the first show?

Drumanee 1

Quote from: rossie mad on November 03, 2009, 04:08:30 PM

Brillant idea.

What do the lads reckon?

Any ideas?

Topics such as
Womens rights (what rights?)
Bikinis or swimsuits?
Cheryl or nadine?
That young blonde thing nicole off home and away!!
Best postion to watch the footie on the box upright or slouched on the couch?
Oasis or Blur?
Rachel Riley.
34D or 34DD?
SEX. in the morning or before you go to sleep?
Do men like breakfast in bed or served for them on the table?
Blonde or Brunette or anything that moves?

All of the above could be discussed on the first show?

brillant schedule there rossie but it would take up a whole show for just one of those topics never mind them all