GAA tree planting for Stormont

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, November 03, 2009, 12:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2009, 02:03:36 PM
This might seem to be some sort of achievement or milestone as far as the GAA is concerned but I'm with the Fox man on this one - close to the statue of Carson ??? How close and why is it important that it's close or not close ?.

They're clutching at straws when this is newsworthy IMO.

There you go ...and he's an orangeman   ;) 

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 01:59:30 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 01:36:43 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 11:19:52 AM
Quote from: Hardy on November 14, 2009, 09:17:29 AM
Your thesis is that the drunk driver would have got a longer sentence but for the tree? Or am I missing the point completely about the dangers of tree planting?

Thesis is there are important issues to be sorted like justice and policing and photo of SF MLAs all smug because they planted a tree is nausiating. Look at the expressions on their faces like they had achieved something... ffs   

So scrap all departments like Health, Culture, Education, etc.. and just focus on Police & Justice? All MLAs don't work in the one department.

Wat the f** are you on about Ziggy? Where did I say scrap all departments?  ??? This tree thing is tokenism... whoopy-do... but what about getting sports grants to GAA, education sorted, policing etc... instead of getting all chuffed with ourselves because there is a GAA tree in Stormont... big tickle.   

Where does planting a tree to celebrate 125 years of GAA affect Policing and Justice?
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 02:06:30 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 01:59:30 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 01:36:43 PM
Your thesis is that the drunk driver would have got a longer sentence but for the tree? Or am I missing the point completely about the dangers of tree planting?

Thesis is there are important issues to be sorted like justice and policing and photo of SF MLAs all smug because they planted a tree is nausiating. Look at the expressions on their faces like they had achieved something... ffs   

So scrap all departments like Health, Culture, Education, etc.. and just focus on Police & Justice? All MLAs don't work in the one department.

Wat the f** are you on about Ziggy? Where did I say scrap all departments?  ??? This tree thing is tokenism... whoopy-do... but what about getting sports grants to GAA, education sorted, policing etc... instead of getting all chuffed with ourselves because there is a GAA tree in Stormont... big tickle.   

Where does planting a tree to celebrate 125 years of GAA affect Policing and Justice?

They are pictured gloating like they achieved something which I find distasteful because at the moment they are doing f** all and if planting a bloody tree in Stormont is what our aspirations have been reduced to God help us. As previous poster says is such a non-story. Let them congratulate themselves when they sort out a lot of more important issues.  Many GAA clubs has really struggled to get government grants but what the hell we have a tree in Stormont ...bring out the brass band  ::)
The DUP are probably looking out the windows of the big house laughing at them.

Tony Baloney

A new tree has appeared beside the shinners tree over the weekend. Gerry Kelly says it isn't theirs and was obviously planted  by MI5! :)

longrunsthefox

It's ok joking Tony, but there needs to be a root and branch change to policing structures and this posing for stupid photos nipped in the bud  8)

Hardy

No more trees to be planted, then or books to be read or songs to be sung or dinners to be eaten until the important issues are sorted out. Because sorting out important issues can't be done as long as there's tree planting going on. Stands to reason, doesn't it.

I get it now. I'm surprised you're so slow on the uptake, Ziggy.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Hardy on November 14, 2009, 02:33:05 PM
No more trees to be planted, then or books to be read or songs to be sung or dinners to be eaten until the important issues are sorted out. Because sorting out important issues can't be done as long as there's tree planting going on. Stands to reason, doesn't it.

Plant away but don't try and fool us that it is some sort of achievement... it's nothing to clap about. "They can fool all of the people some of the time etc..."

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 02:37:17 PM

Plant away but don't try and fool us that it is some sort of achievement... it's nothing to clap about. "They can fool all of the people some of the time etc..."

Never claimed it was an achievement. I just think it's silly to complain about it because of Policing and Justice.

There's too many Unionist symbols and trappings at Stormont, so these trees will go along way in readdressing the balance. Plus I think it's much better than statues, flags and other such stuff.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 02:40:59 PM

Never claimed it was an achievement. I just think it's silly to complain about it because of Policing and Justice.

There's too many Unionist symbols and trappings at Stormont, so these trees will go along way in readdressing the balance. Plus I think it's much better than statues, flags and other such stuff.

Fuxache!  Ziggy I was using policing and justice as one example of the many things not being sorted by the chancers in Stormont. But hey! we've got a tree... anyway this is getting a bit repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repeitive... zzzzzzzz 

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 02:44:53 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 02:40:59 PM

Fuxache!  Ziggy I was using policing and justice as one example of the many things not being sorted by the chancers in Stormont. But hey! we've got a tree... anyway this is getting a bit repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repeitive... zzzzzzzz

I'm not going to turn into pints over this  :D I'll respectfully agree to disagree with you on the matter ;)
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Ziggy the day you and me fall out will be a sad one... so stop talking shite about  a tree   ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 14, 2009, 03:31:35 PM
Ziggy the day you and me fall out will be a sad one... so stop talking shite about  a tree   ;)

As soon as you get off your high horse about Policing and Justice   ;D
Testing Accessibility

stew

I think ziggy's point is, in the immortal words of earl of 'hot chocolate' .................it started with a tree. ;)

ziggy, you have lost the plot.....................of land it would take to plant thon tree on.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

I can't begin to describe how sick it makes me.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?