The official Sligo, Roscommon, Mayo Reconciliation thread.

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, October 29, 2009, 07:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Compliments to the sensible majority above.

Just another thing I'd like to add. It can be very dangerous to take what someone puts up here and judge them as a person on it. I was and am guilty of that myself. Lets take Sligonian. To a man all the Sligo posters fell out with him and I must admit I thought he was a complete numbskull at one time. Since then I've emailed, pm'ed and spoken to the lad and I must admit I was completely wrong. I don't always agree with his views or the way he goes about things and he knows that. we still disagree but I understand him a bit better and see that sometimes things get taken up a way he doesn't want them to. He's well able to fight his own battles and doesn't need me to say this (hope he's not annoyed I did) but I just wanted to. Its worth bearing in mind. I read all the threads like Nixon/O'Shea but don't get involved cos there's nothing to add.

Eastern_Pride

Yer man mayogodhelpus really is an awful eejit sometimes
1. For being a WUM
2. For starting a thread as stupid as this
3. For onl going on Mayo threads

Therefore:
He is probably around the 12-16 age group  and:

should feck off :P ;) ;D
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

swagger

i just think the title is hilarious, anyone who wants to support mayo needs their head looked at immediately
riiiiiiiiiite

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: swagger on October 30, 2009, 01:30:59 PM
i just think the title is hilarious, anyone who wants to support mayo needs their head looked at immediately

If you WANT to support a team go and follow the Premiership. In GAA you have little choice. That's what makes it great.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Lar Naparka

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 30, 2009, 12:22:44 PM

Just another thing I'd like to add. It can be very dangerous to take what someone puts up here and judge them as a person on it. I was and am guilty of that myself. Lets take Sligonian. To a man all the Sligo posters fell out with him and I must admit I thought he was a complete numbskull at one time. Since then I've emailed, pm'ed and spoken to the lad and I must admit I was completely wrong. I don't always agree with his views or the way he goes about things and he knows that. we still disagree but I understand him a bit better and see that sometimes things get taken up a way he doesn't want them to. He's well able to fight his own battles and doesn't need me to say this (hope he's not annoyed I did) but I just wanted to. Its worth bearing in mind. I read all the threads like Nixon/O'Shea but don't get involved cos there's nothing to add.

All very valid points, seanie.
I did take Sligonian for a total WUM at one stage but when I mentioned this some time ago, a few of you Sligo lads took the trouble to PM me and filled me in. I’d also add than when I did make enquiries about Ray Tully and Nace O’Dowd, I got 4 PMs in reply that gave me the information I was seeking and I certainly appreciate this.
I was just trying to get Sligoian to somehow understand that he would not be welcome on any topic anywhere if he kept on barging in any playing the same tiresome tune over and over again- even when discussing Sligo matters with Sligo posters.
For me, there are two problems whenever he sets up his stall.
Mayo threads get a wide readership and being indiscreet, like on the Nixon/ O’Shea topic, can be dangerous. Firstly, he can provoke a hostile reaction from Mayo lads who don’t know anything about him and every Sligo and Rossie poster here could feel insulted; things could get very nasty indeed. None us from Connacht can afford to look down on anyone else now or indeed at any time.
Secondly, he has a habit of making very wild statements and from past experience I know that those can become even more dangerous as time goes on if he isn’t pulled up. Insinuations about the integrity of anyone on the Connacht Council might become direct accusations if let go unchallenged.
I have tried to shoo him off onto a thread of his own. The readership there wouldn’t be so much of a problem. I quite like the lad and I don’t mind him at all but I just wish he wasn’t so dedicated to his cause.
Rossfan is no bother to me at all. He can take it as well as give it but he could think of something fresh to stir up a bit of banter once in a while.
He can be brilliant on some threads over in the general section when he takes on some of the Unionist posters and gives them his unique slant on Irish history. If only we had more like him, the Northern problem would have been solved long ago. The whole blessed place would have been blown up by now! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on October 30, 2009, 12:49:55 PM
1. For being a WUM

Therefore:

1. True go am go am, especially last night, was reading Sligonian & Rossfans responses and decided to fight fire with a forest fire.
2. Stupid thread, some found it funny, others harmless and others it got up there nose, to others it was down right daft.

Off a bit on the age
3. Not true, but I tend to me more interested in them.

To be honest was only trying to get a rise out of the two lads, wasn't the only one and wasn't the only one acting like a daft begger.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ludermor

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 30, 2009, 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on October 30, 2009, 12:49:55 PM
1. For being a WUM

Therefore:

1. True go am go am, especially last night, was reading Sligonian & Rossfans responses and decided to fight fire with a forest fire.
2. Stupid thread, some found it funny, others harmless and others it got up there nose, to others it was down right daft.

Off a bit on the age
3. Not true, but I tend to me more interested in them.

To be honest was only trying to get a rise out of the two lads, wasn't the only one and wasn't the only one acting like a daft begger.
Fair enough so but i suppose your a funny fncker sometimes. Good man yerself and keep up the good work  ;D
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Rossfan

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

joemamas

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 30, 2009, 03:28:12 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 30, 2009, 12:22:44 PM

All very valid points, seanie.
I did take Sligonian for a total WUM at one stage but when I mentioned this some time ago, a few of you Sligo lads took the trouble to PM me and filled me in. I'd also add than when I did make enquiries about Ray Tully and Nace O'Dowd, I got 4 PMs in reply that gave me the information I was seeking and I certainly appreciate this.
I was just trying to get Sligoian to somehow understand that he would not be welcome on any topic anywhere if he kept on barging in any playing the same tiresome tune over and over again- even when discussing Sligo matters with Sligo posters.
For me, there are two problems whenever he sets up his stall.
Mayo threads get a wide readership and being indiscreet, like on the Nixon/ O'Shea topic, can be dangerous. Firstly, he can provoke a hostile reaction from Mayo lads who don't know anything about him and every Sligo and Rossie poster here could feel insulted; things could get very nasty indeed. None us from Connacht can afford to look down on anyone else now or indeed at any time.
Secondly, he has a habit of making very wild statements and from past experience I know that those can become even more dangerous as time goes on if he isn't pulled up. Insinuations about the integrity of anyone on the Connacht Council might become direct accusations if let go unchallenged.
I have tried to shoo him off onto a thread of his own. The readership there wouldn't be so much of a problem. I quite like the lad and I don't mind him at all but I just wish he wasn't so dedicated to his cause.
Rossfan is no bother to me at all. He can take it as well as give it but he could think of something fresh to stir up a bit of banter once in a while.
He can be brilliant on some threads over in the general section when he takes on some of the Unionist posters and gives them his unique slant on Irish history. If only we had more like him, the Northern problem would have been solved long ago. The whole blessed place would have been blown up by now! ;D

dont like they way he turns on his own after a loss though
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM