Clare

Started by The GAA, October 27, 2009, 10:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevetharlear

Quote from: dowling on October 28, 2009, 12:09:43 AM
Jaysus boys I don't know if I have the energy for another one of these. But as someone said, I suppose we better get used to it. Frank has a lot to answer for!

Poor Clare lads, having their head turned by those evil Cork lads.

Reillers is gonna have a field day.

johnneycool

Quote from: heffo on October 27, 2009, 12:00:53 PM
Strange that it wasn't signed  - what have the players who want rid of him got to hide?

Seems like the ring leaders didn't want to put their heads above the parapet. Lacking leadership that panel of players it seems and maybe that's why the seem to lack that little something to get them over the line during big games!!!

Some of the things attributed to McNamara last year was if true absolutely bonkers, like training the shite out of the team either the day before or the morning on a national league game.
The first half of the Tipp game was men against boys, but they managed to get themselves back in the game either by sheer endeavour or Tipp taking the foot of the gas, possibly a combination of both, but it was the most tepid I've seen a Clare team in long and many's a while.

The GAA

It seems the signed it "clare 2009 senior hurling panel" rather than individually signing it

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on October 28, 2009, 12:09:59 PM

It seems the signed it "clare 2009 senior hurling panel" rather than individually signing it

The speculation was that the CB would not deal with it cos it wasn't signed by an individual(s).

Either way, the story will run and run.

Bord na Mona man

I'm surprised Mike Mac lasted this long in the job.
His track record isn't great.
He might be better off sticking to the physical training.

INDIANA

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on October 28, 2009, 08:33:55 PM
I'm surprised Mike Mac lasted this long in the job.
His track record isn't great.
He might be better off sticking to the physical training.

To be fair there is a lot of truth in that - physical training is his forte.

orangeman

Statement from Clare chairman tonight - Mike Mac will lead Clare in 2010.

Watch this space.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2009, 11:21:55 PM
Statement from Clare chairman tonight - Mike Mac will lead Clare in 2010.

Watch this space.
He can lead if he wants, but I don't think anyone will be following.

Aghdavoyle

QuoteThe Clare hurling crisis shows little sign of abating after the county's senior hurling panel produced a vote on no confidence in manager Mike McNamara.

Last week the players sent an unsigned letter to the county board seeking McNamara's dismissal, which they requested be read out during a board meeting to discuss the manager's tenure.

The board ignored the player's protests and confirmed that the Scariff native will take charge of the county team for a third season next year.

However, the players have now upped the ante, with a report in the Irish Examiner claiming they have expressed a vote of no confidence in McNamara.

Clare failed to win a game in the league and lost two championship encounters before they eventually overcame Wexford in a relegation semi-final.

According to rte radio this morning they voted 27-1 against McNamara

AZOffaly

his son is on the panel. That's always awkward when something like this is going on.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2009, 02:16:54 PM
his son is on the panel. That's always awkward when something like this is going on.

Horrible !

This is turning nasty.

slow corner back

After getting relegated in the spring Mike Mac said he would play an experimental team in Div 2 as it was all beneath his senior team. The mans a visionary, :D

orangeman

Quote from: slow corner back on November 03, 2009, 10:53:21 PM
After getting relegated in the spring Mike Mac said he would play an experimental team in Div 2 as it was all beneath his senior team. The mans a visionary, :D

Pity he didn't see this coming.

Silky

Theres supposed to be a round table meeting this week involving O'Neill, McNamara and the 2009 panel. I'd be surprised if it actually takes place. From what i hear most of the players want him out and aren't for changing their minds.

McNamara isn't a good manager but some of the panel need to take a long hard look at their own committment and some of them need to consider hangin up the boots if they cant give what is required. We have a good squad of younger lads coming through and they need to form the basis of a squad going forward.

When the players aren't behind you you're better walking away now rather than dragging it out and leaving in March.

Lecale2

Any developments in Clare over the past week?