The OFFICIAL Ulster Rugby Thread

Started by Myles Na G., October 21, 2009, 10:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Is it not about time this Board had its own Ulster Rugby thread?

Top of the table derby match against Leinster at Ravenhill this Saturday with Ulster looking to bounce back from the disappointing defeat at Edinburgh last week in the HC. Should be close to a capacity crowd for this one, especially with a kick off time of 6.00pm.

Tony Baloney

O'Neill started an Official Ulster Rugby Thread a while back. It must have been popular.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mountainboii

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2009, 10:58:28 PM
O'Neill started an Official Ulster Rugby Thread a while back. It must have been popular.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14065.0

What's so 'official' about these threads anyway? Has anyone ever started a rival 'unofficial' thread?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2009, 10:58:28 PM
My mistake - I didn't see it. If someone wants to delete this one, I'll be happy to use O'Neill's.

Milltown Row2

Great match tonight, fair play to the Ulster lads, thought Munster were going to steal a draw at the end and a bonus point
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

How do you fcukers know who started what? I can't remember 5 minutes ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Myles Na G.

Had forgotten about this thread.  :) Just back from the match. Great game marred by some fairly atrocious refereeing, both sides suffering at different times. Added bonus was the weather - nice evening, if a bit windy, when everyone was predicting the end of the world.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2014, 09:49:26 PM
How do you fcukers know who started what? I can't remember 5 minutes ago.
I hang on your every word.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 03, 2014, 10:05:52 PM
Had forgotten about this thread.  :) Just back from the match. Great game marred by some fairly atrocious refereeing, both sides suffering at different times. Added bonus was the weather - nice evening, if a bit windy, when everyone was predicting the end of the world.

In fairness there was some decisions that the referee didn't see but the the lines man should have seen it. They will take some stopping at Ravenhill so will need to win that that home draw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Myles Na G.

Early bid for the Ignorant Bollix of the Year 2014 award made by the stadium announcer at Ravenhill last night. Reading out the Munster team, he pronounced Donncha O'Callaghan's first name as 'Dun-cha'. He repeated the dose when DOC was being substituted. An embarrassment to Ulster Rugby.

michaelg

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 04, 2014, 02:47:24 PM
Early bid for the Ignorant Bollix of the Year 2014 award made by the stadium announcer at Ravenhill last night. Reading out the Munster team, he pronounced Donncha O'Callaghan's first name as 'Dun-cha'. He repeated the dose when DOC was being substituted. An embarrassment to Ulster Rugby.
To be fair, he also mispronounced the Ulster replacement hooker's surname too and it sounded like he was saying Ryan Piennar too -  I think he is just a bit of a numpty.  In his defense though, Donncha is a hardly terribly common name, although if he knows a bit about rugby, you'd imagine he would have made a better stab at pronouncing it correctly.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: michaelg on January 04, 2014, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 04, 2014, 02:47:24 PM
To be fair, he also mispronounced the Ulster replacement hooker's surname too and it sounded like he was saying Ryan Piennar too -  I think he is just a bit of a numpty.  In his defense though, Donncha is a hardly terribly common name, although if he knows a bit about rugby, you'd imagine he would have made a better stab at pronouncing it correctly.
It's his lack of rugby knowledge that surprises me. He may not have come across the name Donncha too many times, but if he had even a passing interest in the game he'd know who DOC is and how his name is pronounced. Numpty is right.

Myles Na G.

Fantastic performance from Ulster last night. Home quarter against Saracens now - the ground will be finished by then, so there'll be 18,500 packed in for that one.

orangeman