Prayers for baby Oisin

Started by cokers, October 20, 2009, 09:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Great news, glad to hear it!!

cokers

Oisin is getting better by the minute and is out of intensive care already. He had another scan today to see if there was any more bleeding and it came back all clear. His eyes are opened up again and he is watching cartoons!!! He had some food today and kept it down. He even wants out of bed. Its truly remarkable how he is bouncing back after such a serious operation. He may be allowed home as early as Sunday.
Once at home he will need 24hr supervision for three months just to make sure he dosent knock his head ( I know we cant wrap him in cotton wool but these 3 months are crucial).
Its unclear if there will be any long term damage and we will only know as he develops but we're thankfull for what we have.
Heres hoping he continues to recover as quickly as he is.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Aerlik

I may not be the best practising Christian in the world, but I for one, never doubt the power of prayer.  I'm close to giving up on Fremantle though.  :-\

If he has to wear one of those 'crash helmet' type things he'll adjust quickly and get used to it.  Wanes are just wonderful, and thank God we've had no dramas with mini-me.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Top of the hill

Great news about the wee one. Small children can be amazingly resilient. My own wee lad is about the same age and i can hear him on the monitor as i type so i can only imagine what his parents have been through.

He'll be in my prayers tonight that he continues on his road to recovery.
. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way

cokers

Another good day for Oisin. He is coming out of his shell and starting to behave normally again. Looks like he'll be home on Sunday

Galwaybhoy

Great news corkers, thank God he is recovering well.

stpauls

super news, it is unreal how quickly children can bounce back from something so serious!!
keep us updated cokers, as we keep him in our thoughts and prayers!!

Bud Wiser

Great news but along with the prayers a lot of credit must go to Beaumont Hospital (assuming thats where the little lad was) because it is one of the best hospitals in the world and has won many european awards.  At a time when the healthcare system is in tatters Beaumont Hospital is one place we should all be proud off.

Well done to Oisin, he will probably end up kicking Laois off the field in a few years time.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

full back

Great news cokers
Onwards & upwards

Master Yoda

Thank God the wee mans getting better. Hope everything continues to go well for Oisin and his family. I don't know how anyone copes with events like this. Yous will definitly be in my prayers.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 23, 2009, 10:17:32 AM
Great news but along with the prayers a lot of credit must go to Beaumont Hospital (assuming thats where the little lad was) because it is one of the best hospitals in the world and has won many european awards.  At a time when the healthcare system is in tatters Beaumont Hospital is one place we should all be proud off.

Well done to Oisin, he will probably end up kicking Laois off the field in a few years time.

Spot on Bud, Beaumont are definitely up there with the best, with a 16 month old daughter it would be my worst nightmare so I am delighted Oisin is making a strong recovery.
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

Delighted that the child is improving

QuoteGreat news but along with the prayers a lot of credit must go to Beaumont Hospital (assuming thats where the little lad was) because it is one of the best hospitals in the world and has won many european awards.  At a time when the healthcare system is in tatters Beaumont Hospital is one place we should all be proud off.

Unfortunately I'd ahve to disagree there as from personal experience I'd have serious reservations around their ICU team and also the A & E services

Aerlik

Quote from: Declan on October 23, 2009, 12:02:21 PM
Delighted that the child is improving

QuoteGreat news but along with the prayers a lot of credit must go to Beaumont Hospital (assuming thats where the little lad was) because it is one of the best hospitals in the world and has won many european awards.  At a time when the healthcare system is in tatters Beaumont Hospital is one place we should all be proud off.

Unfortunately I'd ahve to disagree there as from personal experience I'd have serious reservations around their ICU team and also the A & E services

Another thread, please.  Not here.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Agnes Dipesto

Great news Cokers, hope the wee man gets home soon and he continues to recover well. 

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: cokers on October 21, 2009, 11:02:53 PM
Oisin is getting better by the minute and is out of intensive care already. He had another scan today to see if there was any more bleeding and it came back all clear. His eyes are opened up again and he is watching cartoons!!! He had some food today and kept it down. He even wants out of bed. Its truly remarkable how he is bouncing back after such a serious operation. He may be allowed home as early as Sunday.
Once at home he will need 24hr supervision for three months just to make sure he dosent knock his head ( I know we cant wrap him in cotton wool but these 3 months are crucial).
Its unclear if there will be any long term damage and we will only know as he develops but we're thankfull for what we have.
Heres hoping he continues to recover as quickly as he is.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Thats great new's.

3 months wont be long going buy.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME