Armagh GAA "Fight Night" lives up to billing. (No comment or opinion, Tony?

Started by Evil Genius, October 14, 2009, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

We had our Gala there in 2004. Great night with no complaints.

Not suprised that a night that involves boxing, a large number of Armagh men and a shit load of drink ended up in trouble.

Perdictable to say the least! :-\

Final Whistle

TBF to the Armagh Brethern, the city hotel's bouncers are W*nks of the highest order who think they are Harder than Ali when all together and fighting one drunken yob. When its one on one they are as cold as a Siberian Christmas especially the one originating from Tyrone, the one who loves his fake tan from a bottle, tw*t!!

Therefore, I commend the good GAA folk in Armagh who kicked the hard men around the Friary Road.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 14, 2009, 04:58:25 PM
TBF to the Armagh Brethern, the city hotel's bouncers are W*nks of the highest order who think they are Harder than Ali when all together and fighting one drunken yob. When its one on one they are as cold as a Siberian Christmas especially the one originating from Tyrone, the one who loves his fake tan from a bottle, tw*t!!

Therefore, I commend the good GAA folk in Armagh who kicked the hard men around the Friary Road.
Do you really think bouncers are allowed to go toe to toe with the punters. I'd if any bouncer did you wouldn't see you for dust. Tight lad.

Anyone with half a brain will know that bouncers operate in at least pairs as it's easier to buck someone out the door if you are assisted and as back up in case some clown pulls a bottle on you or their drunk mate decides to weigh in.

pintsofguinness

It was discussed on te armagh club thread eg, you must have missed it.

hard to see how the hotel get much business if this is the way they behave.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lecale2

That hotel in Armagh is owned by a religious clut from Korea. I wouldn't cross the door of the place.

redhugh

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 14, 2009, 06:13:19 PM
That hotel in Armagh is owned by a religious clut from Korea. I wouldn't cross the door of the place.

A religious clut eh? Interesting.
Regardless of who owns it ,the Mooney hotel group have the management contract for it and are much better operators than the debacle at the weekend would suggest.

Lecale2

Quote from: redhugh on October 14, 2009, 06:20:43 PM

Regardless of who owns it ,the Mooney hotel group have the management contract for it and are much better operators than the debacle at the weekend would suggest.

That's them! The Moonies.

charlie stubbs

was at the event myself.  the trouble kicked off after i left.  had heard a rumour that the bouncers wouldnt be the most dead on(or typical bouncer wankers) but they seemed ok to me tbh.my mate got put out a few times coz he was full, but got in again.  i ran out of money and one had no problem with m running down to mcenerneys to get more money.  suppose canyt really comment on events though if werent there.  people had said to me there would be trouble between different clubs, but everyone seemed to be in good spirits during the night.  shame that this has soured which was a highly entertaining evening

Tony Baloney

So the fault lies with the hotel, the bouncers, the peelers. Anyone else? Apart from the innocent parties just sitting enjoying a quiet pint  ::)

ardmhachaabu

illdecide, you are being talked about on orchardcounty.com  :D

EG, I heard all about the escapades of the bouncers and the PSNI riot squads.  What's your point?

Do you even have one?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

redhugh

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 14, 2009, 07:10:01 PM

So the fault lies with the hotel, the bouncers, the peelers. Anyone else? Apart from the innocent parties just sitting enjoying a quiet pint  ::)

Not saying that in the slightest.If you read my earlier post I said that apparently it had been kicked off by a pair of drunken arseholes.But it was at this point that the door staff should have been on top of the situation. Whatever senior manager was on duty should have been well aware of the fact that their was a fair chance of drunken antics and should have had measures in place to ensure that if something kicked off it could be nipped in the bud calmly and quickly.You can't fill a room full of people with drink while rubbing your hands at the ringing of the till, without accepting that this room full of people are your responsibility while they are on your premesis. I think the blame lies with both parties and was then unduly exacerbated by the peelers.

illdecide

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 14, 2009, 07:36:08 PM

EG, I heard all about the escapades of the bouncers and the PSNI riot squads.  What's your point?

Do you even have one?

What r they saying??? can i view it without joining as i'm not a member?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on October 14, 2009, 10:00:21 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 14, 2009, 07:36:08 PM

Do you even have one?

What r they saying??? can i view it without joining as i'm not a member?

any links so i can get a laugh? couldnt find it there myself

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on October 15, 2009, 09:19:49 AM
Actually I do have an opinion on this, and it would be in tandem with that of EG. I think its a fecking bizarre way for a GAA orientated body (or indeed any other so called respectable legitimate body)to fund raise,encouraging macho types to "fight" in an environment where there is alcohol flowing, a recipe for disaster. This shite might work well as a reality tv concept but not anywhere else

What where the organisers thinking of and will they ever get a bit of sense?

Stick to Mights at the Races for feck sake. >:(

What the hell r u talking about Tony...so it was the boxers fault now, for your information it was the county board who picked the boxers and maybe you should look at the fools with 12 pints of lager in them and not the lads that worked their balls of to box ??? (in the ring)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Myles Na G.

Country boys and drink. It's like giving whiskey to the Apaches. Not a good idea.  ::)