This is 2009, right? Insanity at Knock!

Started by J70, October 12, 2009, 07:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhugh

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 16, 2009, 03:18:44 PM
I know this is a discussion board an all that but we could have 1200 pages on this and people are still gona have their same views and arguments for and against. Its getting slightly repetitive

I'm not trying to change anyones opinions for or against.Just interested in how non-believers see the whole thing ending.If this thread is'nt for you then don't feel compelled to post.I'm sure there are other threads that interest you more - go post there.

tyrone girl

Who said this thread didnt interest me - i dont read threads that dont interest me - this one did hence the reason im reading it. And im entitled to my opinion that it seemed to be going round in circles.
Anyway carry on

redhugh

You still watching TG? If so I'm not posting anymore 'til you're not!! :-*

tyrone girl

redhugh

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 16, 2009, 03:37:24 PM
:D Il leave u to it - Enjoy  :P

Thank God (or Jehova, whatever floats yer boat) that crazy bitch is gone!!Right lads what were we saying? Oh aye - death eh? Crazy shit when you think about it.!

Gnevin

Quote from: redhugh on October 16, 2009, 03:41:55 PM

Thank God (or Jehova, whatever floats yer boat) that crazy bitch is gone!!Right lads what were we saying? Oh aye - death eh? Crazy shit when you think about it.!

Abe: I'm beginning to think you don't love me.
Homer: Awww! Dad I love you. If it were up to me you'd never die. But try telling that to Killy McGhee up there!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

theskull1

:D Indeedin it is hugh...indeedin it is

Back to your question about me feeling a hypocrite if I have a funeral service in a church. I disagree with that assertion

"Your health is bound to be affected if, day after day, you say the opposite of what you feel, if you grovel before what you dislike..."

Most of my family and friends know my position so I don't live a lie on this issue, but culturally it's just not that easy to buck the trend when you come up against ingrained institutions like church burials and try to do something different. I'm sure that will change in time and it will be a different landscape to look at if it does (hopefully the tree above me will enhance it). I don't see how that makes me a hypocrite?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

redhugh

Quote from: theskull1 on October 16, 2009, 04:42:15 PM

:D Indeedin it is hugh...indeedin it is

Back to your question about me feeling a hypocrite if I have a funeral service in a church. I disagree with that assertion

"Your health is bound to be affected if, day after day, you say the opposite of what you feel, if you grovel before what you dislike..."

Most of my family and friends know my position so I don't live a lie on this issue, but culturally it's just not that easy to buck the trend when you come up against ingrained institutions like church burials and try to do something different. I'm sure that will change in time and it will be a different landscape to look at if it does (hopefully the tree above me will enhance it). I don't see how that makes me a hypocrite?

If you're happy enough that this will not leave a blot of hypocrasy on your memory then this is the way to go. When the time comes for you  my friend, I wish you only peaceful rest.

If TG sees many more posts on this thread she's gonna go apeshit. She finds it interesting............but repetative.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: theskull1 on October 16, 2009, 01:08:21 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 16, 2009, 12:46:35 PM
theskull1, I commented on your response to his post which I think says multitudes about you, you keyboard warrior

You are a nasty piece of work and that post says it all

Your deflecting of my question tells me enough about you to not give a fcuk what you think of me. Is this what you call defending the faith?

Ad hominem indeed.
I am not defending my faith here, I am pointing out to you and anyone else reading the thread what a nasty little man you are.  You threatened to use physical violence on another poster here.  Others have been banned for the same sort of thing.  It must take you to be a real big man to come out with threats from the safety of behind your keyboard

Also you aren't too worried at all the ad hominem remarks made towards me and others who do believe.  Your insincerity shines out of you, well done  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Terry Tate

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 12, 2009, 07:51:59 PM
There was a similar story in Donegal last week.

The thing I dont understand both sightings were predicted by a clairvoyant, and yet no one who went brought a camera or anything?

You're friend from crossmolina (ly.i.t) has a video clip on his phone. Text him and he will send it to ya

theskull1

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 16, 2009, 06:55:45 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 16, 2009, 01:08:21 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 16, 2009, 12:46:35 PM
theskull1, I commented on your response to his post which I think says multitudes about you, you keyboard warrior

You are a nasty piece of work and that post says it all

Your deflecting of my question tells me enough about you to not give a fcuk what you think of me. Is this what you call defending the faith?

Ad hominem indeed.
I am not defending my faith here, I am pointing out to you and anyone else reading the thread what a nasty little man you are.  You threatened to use physical violence on another poster here.  Others have been banned for the same sort of thing.  It must take you to be a real big man to come out with threats from the safety of behind your keyboard

Away on ya fool ye. After accepting the mans decent apology and moving on you want keep stirring the pot. Get your mammy to read over the conversations again with you to see if I did anything of the sort. Hopefully she's more sense as most people on here appear to have

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ardmhachaabu

Unless you want to try and reply to any of the points I made in the thread, I won't be replying to any more of your nonsense
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

I dont believe for one second the claims at Knock, not one second, that said I do believe in God and I could not agree less with the skull and gnevin on this thread. The skull did not threaten anyone however he alluded to the fact that a poster would be slapped if they said what they said out on the street, this could have been taken several ways.

As for the skulls assertion that posters were 'a la carte Catholics' ( nice wee phrase that  :() well............... he is talking out of his arse, the problem with non believers sometimes is that they come across as arrogant pricks, sanctimonious arseholes who go out of their way to offend people of faith and this has been done by several poosters on this thread and sadly people bite.

One last thing, just because someone professes to be a Christian does not make them perfect, some of these lads seem to think that if the likes of ardmachaabu write a swear word or say something off colour they are immediately bad Christians or hypocrites, this is wrong, they are fecking people and people are not perfect.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Question to the lads taking the athesist/non believer point of view (J70, Skull and the rest).

Where you in Knock when the event was supposed to have happened?
Do you know anyone who was there?
Can you say that the people who where there didn't see something?

For me I find it slightly implausible, but would keep my mind open, as I don't know everything that is out there and I've been to Lourdes and had my eyes opened.
Tbc....

muppet

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 16, 2009, 10:26:30 PM
Question to the lads taking the athesist/non believer point of view (J70, Skull and the rest).

Where you in Knock when the event was supposed to have happened?
Do you know anyone who was there?
Can you say that the people who where there didn't see something?

For me I find it slightly implausible, but would keep my mind open, as I don't know everything that is out there and I've been to Lourdes and had my eyes opened.

And can anyone explain why some observed phenomenon around the sun = Mary Mother of God?
MWWSI 2017