Best/Favourite Pub in Ireland

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 12, 2009, 05:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

For those of us who prefer the quiet pint rather than the teeny boppers contributing to the nightclub thread!

Coffey's, Newbridge - perfect location for pre/post match pints.
An Goban Saor, Kildare Town - great place to watch the racing.
Kyteler's, Kilkenny - a hidden gem in the Marble City.
Mulligans, Poolbeg Street - the finest pint of plain in the world, Con Houlihan will vouch for that.
Dick Mack's, Dingle - an absolute haven of a place.
Foxy John's, Dingle - doubles up as a hardware shop during the day.
Foley's, Inch - if talk of turf drives you crazy and you can't face a bale of hay, make for Foley's, work the topshelf, talk pucks pints and the GAA.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Maguire01

Ryan's on the Lisburn Road is a good spot for a quiet pint.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 12, 2009, 05:56:48 PM
For those of us who prefer the quiet pint rather than the teeny boppers contributing to the nightclub thread!

Mulligans, Poolbeg Street - the finest pint of plain in the world, Con Houlihan will vouch for that.
Foley's, Inch - if talk of turf drives you crazy and you can't face a bale of hay, make for Foley's, work the topshelf, talk pucks pints and the GAA.

Kyteler's is hardly the place for a quiet pint   :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donnellys Hollow

Had a fine hangover cure there one morning after a stag. Twas quiet at that time!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

SuperMac

Never thought much of Mulligans, Poolbeg Street to be honest. I find it very ordinary. The Q bar at O'Connell bridge has some fantatstic hotties in it, that's if you get past the apes on the door. Johnny Fox's of Glencullen is a bit touristy of course, but a great pub all the same. The Crown bar in Belfast is a grand pub. Durty Nelly's in Clare also a good one.

ross4life

well if i'm honest i do prefer the quiet pint or live band in the bar anyday over a disco, just to let ya know ;)

as for pubs, Kings head Galway, Quinns Dublin (after a big game) would be my favourites
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

boojangles

Quote from: ross4life on October 12, 2009, 06:54:47 PM

well if i'm honest i do prefer the quiet pint or live band in the bar anyday over a disco, just to let ya know ;)

as for pubs, Kings head Galway, Quinns Dublin (after a big game) would be my favourites

Loving these Favourites threads- Bringing back some super memories ;D
You are spoilt for choice for great pubs in Dublin and Galway.
Dublin-
The Foggy Dew
The Temple Bar-pricey spot but always serious crack.
Toast-Rathmines
The Cat and Cage
Doyles of the Corner
Fegans and Kennedys of Drumcondra
Crowes-Ballsbridge
Dicey Reillys-Harcourt Street-serious smoking area

Galway
Monroes
Neachtains
The Kings Head
The Quays
Massimos

5 Sams

Its hard to pick one out of Dingle but Paddy Bawn's in Dingle is another fine spot. Maura pulls a fine pint and while it wouldnt be the most luxurious establishment in the world there always a good atmosphere about it.

If you want to talk football all day over lovely creamy pints head up to O Suilleabhains in John Street and have the crack with Padraig and soon to be All Star Tommy Griffin.

Outside of those my favourites would be The Bridge Bar in Newry, The Garrick in Belfast and Meaghers in Ballybough.
The Aristocrat Years

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Caid

I like The Sheeben outside of Westport. Also like a pint in the Great Northern in Bundoran in the Summer to watch a bit of Rugby/Gaelic/Hurling
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

turk

Mulligans on Poolbeg St was good if it was quiet but if the place got packed they tended to just slop the stuff out and leave it sitting there and top it up when it was ordered. I haven't been in it in a good few years however.

mc_grens

The Long Hall.

Superior Guiness. A good big window out onto Georges St., and a good mix of people.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tony Baloney

The Pound
The Corner House
The Village Inn
The Glensway Tavern
The Greenhills
The Mariners Bar
The Saffron
The Lurig
The Central

Some craic.