Harte's book-

Started by longrunsthefox, October 10, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 28, 2009, 04:36:39 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 28, 2009, 04:19:01 PM
He also has high hopes for Mulgrew and said it's only a matter of time before he starts to deliver on his potential.

Would be my sentiment too, if a little tardy with the delivering of it.

You've been saying that for years Fear. Are ye nearing the disappointment stage yet?

Fear ón Srath Bán

True Zap, but it's just so difficult to banish class completely  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

No way ref

I felt this book was the most annoying book i have ever read. It really is a book of how Mickey sees himself. Well thats what i get from it anyways

ONeill

Just about to start it.

Chapter One: Sean is sick.

Ah damn, there's a prologue.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

NaomhBridAbú

Cannot understand the negative comments about the book - i know there are many on here who speak positively, and i would have to side with them.

he approaches the subject of Paul McGirrs death with great dignity - well written and with great emotion.
he narrates the heartache of the defeats until 98 without overloading in detail or faux emotion
The Glencull thing is well covereed and really interesting
The references he pulls from are all sporting greats in their own areans - Wooden / basketball etc...and he sits comortably amongst them, in my opinion.
he has an opinion on Cavanagh..big deal?

Great book
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

BennyHarp

Quote from: No way ref on October 28, 2009, 09:12:36 PM
I felt this book was the most annoying book i have ever read. It really is a book of how Mickey sees himself. Well thats what i get from it anyways

This is the most annoying post I've ever read! Imagine an autobiography detailing how a person sees HIMSELF? What a crazy idea! Do you even understand what an autobiography is?
That was never a square ball!!

cornafean

Quote from: Zapatista on October 28, 2009, 08:34:26 PM
Horse is held highly. I think he fitted into that team Harte saw as 'perfection' at the time. I think it was a case of Horse being a the right 'Horse for a course' at the time but once that was found out he had to make way.

Sorry, who's Horse?  ???
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Archie Mitchell

Gavin Devlin from Ardboe. Played centre half back for Tyrone seniors 2003 - 2005 as well as being involved in 1998 minor team and 2000/2001 U-21 teams.

Norf Tyrone

The praise for Devlin surprised me too. If you believed the rumours at the time they 'fell out'. Must be a rule that if you no longer play for Tyrone you must of fell out with Mickey.

Good book. But did anyone else find the jumping from season to season annoyingly hard to follow. At one time, I had to flick back to see what season he was talking about.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Zapatista

He jumped to 2009 now and then. The book begins in 09 and then starts again at the begining. He jumps to 09 now and again but I liked that as this is when he is telling the story. I'd say he thought he might have another AI in 09 when the decision to do this was made and this format would have been better if he had. I don't think it backfired though.

Sandy Hill

I know that this isn't about his book, but Harte gave an interview to the "Money" section of yesterday's Sunday Times.   His answer to the question "How many credit or debit cards do you have?" was "I have 3; one for a southern bank, one for a northern one and a credit card. There is a wee Padre Pio relic there too". Strange answer I thought.
He also says in the interview that he had £50 on Tyrone at 33/1 for last year's AI - nice!
"Stercus accidit"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Sandy Hill on November 02, 2009, 12:38:23 PM
I know that this isn't about his book, but Harte gave an interview to the "Money" section of yesterday's Sunday Times.   His answer to the question "How many credit or debit cards do you have?" was "I have 3; one for a southern bank, one for a northern one and a credit card. There is a wee Padre Pio relic there too". Strange answer I thought.
He also says in the interview that he had £50 on Tyrone at 33/1 for last year's AI - nice!

He gambles? Is that not a sin???
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mid Down Gael

Very enjoyable read. If he thinks so much off Mulgrew i believe he has to play him consistently in next years league at 11.

No way ref

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 30, 2009, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: No way ref on October 28, 2009, 09:12:36 PM

This is the most annoying post I've ever read! Imagine an autobiography detailing how a person sees HIMSELF? What a crazy idea! Do you even understand what an autobiography is?
Why don't you enlighten me then you arrogant pr**k. 
I don't think that Micky Harte is solely responsible for all the good that has happened in Tyrone football since 1997. I think that Harte thinks he is and thats what i get from the book, and thats what annoys me.

Caid

Quote from: Sandy Hill on November 02, 2009, 12:38:23 PM

At what stage last year did he get 33-1?  I don't think they were even that far out after the Down game?
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written