Hayes stamp

Started by longrunsthefox, October 06, 2009, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

Is that not what happens in rugby? someone gets on the wrong side in a ruck and gets stood on.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Captain Scarlet

seemingly the man coming forward has to give all due care to the man on the ground and any stamping motion will see them cited unless of course as in this case the match officials catch them in the act. think tony ward had the full details in the indo the other day.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maiden1 on October 07, 2009, 02:18:40 PM
Is that not what happens in rugby? someone gets on the wrong side in a ruck and gets stood on.

More or less. If you try to collapse a maul like Healy was trying to do you expect to get a shoeing for your troubles. Only in this case boot came into contact with face. I'm sure Hayes knew he was shoeing someone underneath him but I seriously doubt he intentionally went for Healy's head which is probably why the 6 week ban is more for reckless use of the boot than anything.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 07, 2009, 09:26:47 AM
misses no significant matches.

I think that Munster would argue that 2 Heineken Cup games are significant enough particularly away to Northampton.  Admittedly even Buckley should manage against Treviso at home.

At least the rugger buggers could get together quick enough.  When Matty Forde carried on that way he managed to play another game before the GAA got around to having a look......

/Jim.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on October 07, 2009, 04:09:17 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 07, 2009, 09:26:47 AM
misses no significant matches.

I think that Munster would argue that 2 Heineken Cup games are significant enough particularly away to Northampton.  Admittedly even Buckley should manage against Treviso at home.

At least the rugger buggers could get together quick enough.  When Matty Forde carried on that way he managed to play another game before the GAA got around to having a look......

I think Mattie got a more appropriate suspension tho

/Jim.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 07, 2009, 04:15:39 PM
I think Mattie got a more appropriate suspension tho

Time-wise he got double, games-wise he missed one championship match.

Generally I think the rugby crowd are good on the whole disciplinary front, but lately I notice a few appeals on technicalities sneaking in.  I wonder if Munster have Frank Murphy on consultancy retainer  ;D ;D

/Jim.

longrunsthefox

Aye that is a problem in GAA... should be  a game ban not time...