Club Tyrone - Garvaghy Patron

Started by ceol agus peil, October 04, 2009, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rois on October 06, 2009, 10:13:02 AM
Did you get it ok then Fear?

Yes Rois, it was there indeed. I feel all loved again  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

Quote from: under the bar on October 06, 2009, 10:13:55 AM
QuoteFinite number of patrons - yes. 

Can't really see it reaching the point whereby CT say "Sorry we've enough Patrons and for that reason we can't accept your patronage but will take the £1000 thanks very much"

Where do I get one of the brochures?  Would definitely consider a family donation.

But hold on, there's the sticky issue of tickets if we get to an AIF in the next five years.  This has been put to the clubs, and in effect it's their tickets that patrons will get.  Therefore there's a limit on supply. 

PM me your address and I'll get you a brochure.

Any craic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on October 06, 2009, 04:28:46 PM
I still think that the 'T' idea is a load of balls - who else except the UDR, Dan McGinnis and pigeons will be aware that it is shaped that way.

Anyone who's seen an aerial photograph  ;)

Don't mind it myself, adds a degree of certain uniqueness, and it can can only add to the overall appeal of the place, done right.

blewuporstuffed

I still think that the 'T' idea is a load of balls - who else except the UDR, Dan McGinnis and pigeons will be aware that it is shaped that way. From seeing there should have been larger meeting rooms or halls.
would have thought i would add an awfull lot to the building costs.
nice idea in theory but is it really worth it?
will be good to have a complex like this in tyrone though,will be greta for schools games, underage tournament etc
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

orangeman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 06, 2009, 04:34:45 PM
I still think that the 'T' idea is a load of balls - who else except the UDR, Dan McGinnis and pigeons will be aware that it is shaped that way.

Anyone who's seen an aerial photograph  ;)

Don't mind it myself, adds a degree of certain uniqueness, and it can can only add to the overall appeal of the place, done right.

I take the view that it can only add to the costs.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on October 06, 2009, 04:51:24 PM
I take the view that it can only add to the costs.

Why not use prefabricated Kingspan timber frame then, keep costs to an absolute minimum.  :P

A lot of the the work that's being put into this venture is on a purely voluntary basis, including the design and planning. The extra costs incurred as a result of the T-shape will not constitute a significant proportion of the overall costs, IMHO.

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone

ONeill

Quote from: Rois on October 06, 2009, 09:51:53 AM
There's a few great guys responsible for the publications - the fact that it's voluntary is the absolute icing on the cake.

Mark took a break for a while but when he's needed most, he's back on board. 

Coming down on Thurs night O'Neill?

Might take a scoot down. Will there be tea?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

saffron sam2

Quote from: tyroneboi on October 05, 2009, 10:42:37 PM
Another innovative idea from Club Tyrone for funding for Garvaghy:

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/countyboard/news/story.jsp?newsid=884

Certainly something that the ordinary fan can do to contribute towards the project.

Super idea and one that many Gaels from far beyond the bushes would contribute to.

However (and there's always a but with me), I couldn't agree with this bit.

Thinking of £45? Well we hope you're now getting the message. Buy the space for your company logo or simply to give someone who cherishes Tyrone GAA the best Christmas or birthday present ever.

I'm sure most people would be devastated if they got a £45 pixel for their birthday or Christmas. Even one who cherishes Tyrone GAA.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 07, 2009, 10:56:40 AM
I'm sure most people would be devastated if they got a £45 pixel for their birthday or Christmas. Even one who cherishes Tyrone GAA.

£45 = 9 pixels!

oakleafgael

Mrs Oakleafgael has been hinting about signing up. Claims it will be a great investment for Oakleafgael junior and siblings. I took a quick gander around the site a couple of weeks ago, its well worth doing to appreciate the scale of the developement. Its discouraging for a Derry man to say but the Tyronies are a country mile ahead of the rest of the province with regards to coaching and the Garvaghy scheme will go a long way to keeping them there.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 07, 2009, 11:58:12 AM
Mrs Oakleafgael has been hinting about signing up. Claims it will be a great investment for Oakleafgael junior and siblings.

Some Oakleafers have already subscribed -- check out Mickey Harte's brow.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 07, 2009, 11:53:01 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 07, 2009, 10:56:40 AM

£45 = 9 pixels!

Technically 3,600 pixels according to this.

QuoteEach box of 20x20 pixels costs only 5.00 GBP!

Still won't be buying one as a present for the wee lad. Don't think the "It's really nine pixels" line will be of sufficient comfort to him.

This reminds me a bit of the time the FA had 1 million spaces to be filled on a flag that was to be brought to (I think) Japan / Korea world cup. They didn't charge anything for posting a message. Some of the gaaboarders had some fun there.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet