Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Cúig huaire

Quote from: Bensars on October 13, 2009, 09:34:36 PM
FFS half of you knew nothing about mickey mc gurn 6 weeks ago, now its a great decision ? ?

Maybe they've done a bit of research on the man.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

ardmhachaabu

FFS half of you knew nothing about mickey mc gurn 6 weeks ago, now its a great decision ? ?
Aye, we missed the clairvoyancy classes ACB provided
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Bensars

I dont doubt that, or his credentials. But theres guys  IIMO endorsing his appointment who know nothing about him.
Its was only a couple of weeks ago that there was an outcry about the Armagh county board appointing or approaching a trainer without a manager in place. Just goes to show a few weeks is a very short time in football. By the way i wish him all the best and it is a fine recruitment

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Armamike on October 13, 2009, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: irunthev on October 13, 2009, 08:03:47 AM
So basically this much awaited announcement of the back-room team consists of Mick McGurn, who was in place weeks ago anyway and Donal Murtagh, who was completely snubbed for the main job but is now willing to go in as Side-show Bob. Hardly earth-shattering news or indeed news. I think most of us were naively expecting an entourage  of big names to be announced. Or is there news that hasn't been revealed on this board yet?

Eh? Donal Murtagh will do for me as no.2. He could/should have been the main man, but fair play to him for being man enough not to hold a grudge. It's a wise move by O'Rourke and shows that he's not frightened to have a strong personality in with him. What we didn't need was a total novice as the no.2.  Fair play to you Donal, you've stood up when your county needed you!

I'd agree, especially when others didn't!!  >:(

As for McGurn... i'd be surprised if any sport fans hadn't heard of McGurn's reputation untill 6 weeks ago!

mackers

Sorry Bensars, but that's a bullsh1t post. You're letting your anti-Armagh tendencies run away with you.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Onion Bag

Lads lads lads, its like this, Paddy O Rourke and his backroom team, may not have been everyones choice and the appointment certainly did raise a few eyebrows, but at the end of the day he is the new Manager and we will all have to get behind him and the team for the new Season.

Who knows he could be the best thing since sliced bread,

He wasnt my choice as manager but Good Luck to him
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

umgolaarmagh

;D :D ;D

Good one Onion Bag!!

He must do some business down your way

Onion Bag

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 14, 2009, 11:29:25 AM
;D :D ;D

Good one Onion Bag!!

He must do some business down your way

I hear you are going to miss the match on Sunday, thats a bit shitty

Dinny Breen

Lads, Mike McGurn is an amazing appointment, credit has to be given, he's probably the best fitness guru in the land, it's akin to appointing Ger Hartmann as your team physio.
#newbridgeornowhere

Bainisteoir

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 14, 2009, 11:45:39 AM
Lads, Mike McGurn is an amazing appointment, credit has to be given, he's probably the best fitness guru in the land, it's akin to appointing Ger Hartmann as your team physio.

well one thing that I seen in armaghs last championship game against monaghan was that they looked to me to be blowing out of their holes!! You would have to think that from a conditioning point of view they will be up there with the best in the country!! What do use make of the idea that he will be working with all levels down to development squads.. I think it could be a masterstroke!! I know strenghth and conditioning are not the be and end all but this setup will prepare future players better for making the step up to senior level (raymond mulgrew in Tyrone is a prime example).

lfdown2

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 14, 2009, 11:28:06 AM
Lads lads lads, its like this, Paddy O Rourke and his backroom team, may not have been everyones choice and the appointment certainly did raise a few eyebrows, but at the end of the day he is the new Manager and we will all have to get behind him and the team for the new Season.

Who knows he could be the best thing since sliced bread,

He wasnt my choice as manager but Good Luck to him

Jaysus Onion, never thought i would hear ye at that craic....

Onion Bag

What criac is that? r u going to get a game on sunday?????????

under the bar

QuotePaddy O Rourke and his backroom team, may not have been everyones choice and the appointment certainly did raise a few eyebrows, but at the end of the day he is the new Manager and we will all have to get behind him and the team for the new Season.

POG isn't.  He has avowed to never support Armagh under O'Rourke and is now going to support either Down or Armagh, depending which way the wind is blowing at the time.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: under the bar on October 14, 2009, 01:23:07 PM
QuotePaddy O Rourke and his backroom team, may not have been everyones choice and the appointment certainly did raise a few eyebrows, but at the end of the day he is the new Manager and we will all have to get behind him and the team for the new Season.

POG isn't.  He has avowed to never support Armagh under O'Rourke and is now going to support either Down or Armagh, depending which way the wind is blowing at the time.

It would need to be a strong wind to move pints.  ;)
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.