Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Carbery on October 12, 2009, 09:01:42 PM
I hear Donal Murtagh has been confirmed as Paddy O'Rourke's assistant and Mike McGurn as trainer.
Just got a phone call from a County Board offical in Armagh.
A mod on orchardcounty.com is saying that this is confirmed
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

naka

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

naka

Armamike

If Donal Murtagh is no.2, then this is a good move by O'Rourke/county board imo. Should take the pressure off by having a strong no.2.  McGurn would seem to be a top fitness trainer, but we need a football coach. Is this Murtagh's role?
That's just, like your opinion man.

dowling

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 12, 2009, 07:25:28 PM
Quote from: dowling on October 12, 2009, 07:14:35 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 12, 2009, 06:53:47 PM
Quote from: dowling on October 11, 2009, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 04:21:27 PM
No dowling.  That's not what happened according to people I know who aren't too far away from the set-up

Ok, well according to the people you know what was the process and are the players dissatisfied with it and Paddy's appointment or not.
I would prefer not to tell you so I don't break anyone's confidence.  Suffice to say that there is a world of difference between what is being reported and what has actually happened - the players weren't given all the information they should have been and aren't happy, allegedly.

Before you ask, there is no rumours of a strike and I doubt very much there would be one.  There is nothing else for you to gossip about  :)

What has gossip got to do with me coming on this forum to challange posts which I believe to be unfair and personal? Your post, "I could tell ye but I can't..." has the tones of gossip, no substance there. Any Armagh figures who have spoken publicly, including Stevie McD, have been supportive so why is no one expressing this unhappiness especially as a statement from the players was released at another time.
None of your business or mine... oh and dowling, you are the one who seems to pop up at every opportunity for an oul gossip.

Don't know what you're hoping to achieve by trying to attack me, unless you want to expand on the above.
As for speculation on the backroom team, what do your boys say? And that will end the speculation. And God help anyone who thinks you're making things up as you go along! Oh that's right, you can't say. Well you could but you can't! Pure substance and no gossip. A pillar of the GAA!

Aghdavoyle

Take the hint dowling.

Noone wants to listen to your shit on this thread

Goats Do Shave

The 'Management team' looks a lot stronger now!

irunthev

So basically this much awaited announcement of the back-room team consists of Mick McGurn, who was in place weeks ago anyway and Donal Murtagh, who was completely snubbed for the main job but is now willing to go in as Side-show Bob. Hardly earth-shattering news or indeed news. I think most of us were naively expecting an entourage  of big names to be announced. Or is there news that hasn't been revealed on this board yet?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on October 13, 2009, 02:19:20 AM

Take the hint dowling.

You put it better than me - I was trying to be polite, for once

dowling

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on October 13, 2009, 02:19:20 AM

Take the hint dowling.

Sure you boys just peddle your own shit and feed off each other at the expense of others. Ye need a wee dose of reality coming into your vindictive wee lives. No doubt you boys will sort everything out next year.

naka

Quote from: irunthev on October 13, 2009, 08:03:47 AM
So basically this much awaited announcement of the back-room team consists of Mick McGurn, who was in place weeks ago anyway and Donal Murtagh, who was completely snubbed for the main job but is now willing to go in as Side-show Bob. Hardly earth-shattering news or indeed news. I think most of us were naively expecting an entourage  of big names to be announced. Or is there news that hasn't been revealed on this board yet?
it was hoped that mc corry would have carried out the coaching but he has stayed with kilcoo,
there are too many guys on this board who have feck all to do but complain, a  proven coach is being sought at present.

mackers

I'm a lot more encouraged about our future now with Murtagh in place. I was always impressed by him and he has done with Cross what we are hoping to do with the county. He successfully integrated good young talent into the Cross team alongside some of the established stars and created a winning formula. For me, the Rangers best AI win was their last one because of this.
He wasn't afraid to make substitutions early and he's his own man, he never allowed big Joe to influence him at any stage.
With McGurn in place (or so I'm told) we will not lack in fitness or conditioning and with these two men in place hopefully we'll be able to attract someone with a good coaching record.
We'll need it as the League has thrown up some difficult ties, we've never had a good record in Navan or Portlaoise, and Ballybofey will be a hard place to get a result in.
We'll have the opportunity to see whether David McKenna and Paul McKeown will bring something to the party now.

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: mackers on October 13, 2009, 10:42:52 AM
I'm a lot more encouraged about our future now with Murtagh in place. I was always impressed by him and he has done with Cross what we are hoping to do with the county. He successfully integrated good young talent into the Cross team alongside some of the established stars and created a winning formula. For me, the Rangers best AI win was their last one because of this.
He wasn't afraid to make substitutions early and he's his own man, he never allowed big Joe to influence him at any stage.
With McGurn in place (or so I'm told) we will not lack in fitness or conditioning and with these two men in place hopefully we'll be able to attract someone with a good coaching record.
We'll need it as the League has thrown up some difficult ties, we've never had a good record in Navan or Portlaoise, and Ballybofey will be a hard place to get a result in.
We'll have the opportunity to see whether David McKenna and Paul McKeown will bring something to the party now.

Reminds me a bit of the Stan / Bobby Robson ROI appointment now. The man more likely to have been a competent manager is number 2 while there are huge question marks over the main man.

Still its a step forward though surprising in light of what Murtagh said last week.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: mackers on October 13, 2009, 10:42:52 AM

I am pleased to see Donal getting the number 2 and I think he will bring a lot of tactical know how to the set up that would not necessarily have been there.

Mackers, whatever about Titch being there more often now, I am not sure if we will see as much of Paul as some people would like.