Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

jim mc corry has declined an offer to join the backroom team

armaghniac

QuoteI see Saturday 20th March is Paddy's homecoming.
Should be an interesting night. I am sure you boys will at least let him survive until then...

No, but if we don't win this one he will come under pressure and rightly so, Down haven't beaten us in League or Championship for a generation.

Also Armagh need to win this one as we only have 3 games at home and I can't see us getting anything out of away games against Meath and Donegal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Quote from: naka on October 12, 2009, 01:45:55 PM
jim mc corry has declined an offer to join the backroom team

POR is fast running out of options to get Armagh men to involve themselves with the set-up. I thought McCorry would have been a good man in the back-room team, lots of experience with a proven track record at club level. The talk is that Jim McConville is going to form part of the set-up now. Can anyone confirm what experience or success he has had at club level?

armaghniac

Quotewhat experience or success he has had at club level?

he has had some success at pub level!  :)

stew

Quote from: armaghniac on October 12, 2009, 03:55:07 PM

Classy.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: stew on October 12, 2009, 05:17:32 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 12, 2009, 03:55:07 PM

Classy.
Jim as managed pubs stew, dont think armaghniac meant wat you think he did.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: dowling on October 11, 2009, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 04:21:27 PM
No dowling.  That's not what happened according to people I know who aren't too far away from the set-up

Ok, well according to the people you know what was the process and are the players dissatisfied with it and Paddy's appointment or not.
I would prefer not to tell you so I don't break anyone's confidence.  Suffice to say that there is a world of difference between what is being reported and what has actually happened - the players weren't given all the information they should have been and aren't happy, allegedly.

Before you ask, there is no rumours of a strike and I doubt very much there would be one.  There is nothing else for you to gossip about  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

dowling

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 12, 2009, 06:53:47 PM
No dowling.  That's not what happened according to people I know who aren't too far away from the set-up

Ok, well according to the people you know what was the process and are the players dissatisfied with it and Paddy's appointment or not.
I would prefer not to tell you so I don't break anyone's confidence.  Suffice to say that there is a world of difference between what is being reported and what has actually happened - the players weren't given all the information they should have been and aren't happy, allegedly.

Before you ask, there is no rumours of a strike and I doubt very much there would be one.  There is nothing else for you to gossip about  :)

What has gossip got to do with me coming on this forum to challange posts which I believe to be unfair and personal? Your post, "I could tell ye but I can't..." has the tones of gossip, no substance there. Any Armagh figures who have spoken publicly, including Stevie McD, have been supportive so why is no one expressing this unhappiness especially as a statement from the players was released at another time.

brokencrossbar1

There is a lot about what the driving force was behind this appointment which will never reach the light of day.  Even people on here who "know" someone on the inside are either off the mark or just keeping a lot of truth to their chests.  Time for the back rrom team to be named, if one can, and close the conjecture surrounding the rest of the appointment.  At the end of the day if the managemnet team can be put into place we are stuck with it and cannot get around that fact, so we should support what we have until we have reason not to.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: dowling on October 12, 2009, 07:14:35 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 12, 2009, 06:53:47 PM

What has gossip got to do with me coming on this forum to challange posts which I believe to be unfair and personal? Your post, "I could tell ye but I can't..." has the tones of gossip, no substance there. Any Armagh figures who have spoken publicly, including Stevie McD, have been supportive so why is no one expressing this unhappiness especially as a statement from the players was released at another time.
None of your business or mine... oh and dowling, you are the one who seems to pop up at every opportunity for an oul gossip.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2009, 07:19:28 PM
There is a lot about what the driving force was behind this appointment which will never reach the light of day.  Even people on here who "know" someone on the inside are either off the mark or just keeping a lot of truth to their chests.  Time for the back rrom team to be named, if one can, and close the conjecture surrounding the rest of the appointment.  At the end of the day if the managemnet team can be put into place we are stuck with it and cannot get around that fact, so we should support what we have until we have reason not to.
I couldn't agree more

Bacon

I thought the County Board had the back room team already assembled? What's going on?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

armaghniac

QuoteJim as managed pubs stew, dont think armaghniac meant wat you think he did.

In case there is any doubt, this is exactly what I meant, Jim is a successful pub manager.

Carbery

I hear Donal Murtagh has been confirmed as Paddy O'Rourke's assistant and Mike McGurn as trainer.
Just got a phone call from a County Board offical in Armagh.

irunthev

Quote from: Carbery on October 12, 2009, 09:01:42 PM
I hear Donal Murtagh has been confirmed as Paddy O'Rourke's assistant and Mike McGurn as trainer.
Just got a phone call from a County Board offical in Armagh.

Seems strange after Murtagh slagging off the CB last week.