Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

por meeting club chairmen/managers monday night
backroom staff in place by then

stew

I toul ye all it was Stevies fault, somebody hang the fecker up by the ballix before he gets to decide who assists paddy, it probably would end up Pat Malloy and Gadaffi ffs! :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bennydorano

Wonder will Stevie be part of the backroom team, his days on the team look numbered, very poor season this year.

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on October 10, 2009, 12:32:36 PM
Wonder will Stevie be part of the backroom team, his days on the team look numbered, very poor season this year.

He is young enough to bounce back benny, that said he seemed a bit greedy to me this year, shooting from anywhere and it just seemed he wasnt enjoying his football. Maybe the hiring of his mate POR will wake him up, he is one of our best ever players and i am sure he still has a lot of game in him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

armaghniac

if Stevie was rejuvenated and determined to make a go of it next year, even if it was one last blast, then this would greatly help Armagh and so PORs acceptance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoisgaa

Is this 'meet the press' gig on Monday night as well?

dowling

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 02, 2009, 08:21:44 PM

The armagh county board can go and f**k themselves

I believe DuffleKing you will now find that the players were part of and supportive of this process. After having been on the Ger thread talking about how the Cork footballers sorted the CCB out I think you have to face your contradictions.

Bainisteoir

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: dowling on October 11, 2009, 12:04:36 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on October 02, 2009, 08:21:44 PM

The armagh county board can go and f**k themselves

I believe DuffleKing you will now find that the players were part of and supportive of this process. After having been on the Ger thread talking about how the Cork footballers sorted the CCB out I think you have to face your contradictions.
I don't see how anyone can claim the players were behind the process
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

dowling

Did the players not agree to a list of names as candidates? If they did does that not mean that they were part of the process through which ORourke was decided upon?

ardmhachaabu

No dowling.  That's not what happened according to people I know who aren't too far away from the set-up
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

BroJolly

Haven't been on for a while, but I read in Oisins column today that he has been impressed by the manner in which POR has gone about assembling his back room team??

dowling

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 04:21:27 PM
No dowling.  That's not what happened according to people I know who aren't too far away from the set-up

Ok, well according to the people you know what was the process and are the players dissatisfied with it and Paddy's appointment or not.

Downboy

I see Saturday 20th March is Paddy's homecoming.
Should be an interesting night. I am sure you boys will at least let him survive until then...

Onion Bag

Quote from: BroJolly on October 11, 2009, 04:32:45 PM
Haven't been on for a while, but I read in Oisins column today that he has been impressed by the manner in which POR has gone about assembling his back room team??

Never heard the back room team yet, what is it?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!