Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

gorm agus bui

Frank Mitchell (McLorey) ( Ex Burren) & Stephen Nolan have been touted as well

DuffleKing

gorm agus bui

under the bar

QuoteAs an outsider, what or who to the initials HM and PN stand for?

Hughie Morgan and Paddy Nugent by any change?

As HKP would say........... could be!!!!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: angermanagement on October 07, 2009, 10:13:25 AM
Has Murtagh not stated in numerous media interviews over the last few weeks since Cross were beaten that he would be staying on as Cross manager next season ?

It appears to me he's got his own agenda here.
thought this myself, remember him saying that if some of the more senior players hung up their boots (which they have done) he would stay on and help the younger lads progress. did he resign from Cross or what?

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2009, 10:25:03 AM
Donal wanted the job simple as that and was the best candidate.  I hope POR does a good job but I think in so many ways the CB have messed up.  Outside of the PR disaster of the shambles of how the appointment was made, outside of the fact that a man from one of our most bitterest rivals over the years was given the job, outside of the fact that there were very capable candidates in for the job, outside of the fact that he has a tarnished reputation when it comes to training teams, the simple fact is that I cannot see how he will have the respect of the players over the a season. 

This is a young Armagh squad now with all the older heads bar McDonnell and Clarke gone.  There are no real leaders the way McGrnae, McGeeney, the Macs, Marsden, Oisin etc were and therefore they needed a strong manager to guide them through what will be a difficult few years as they get themselves re-established as a challenger.  My feelings are that if the likes of Donal was involved he would be a success at this and then the county boards hands would be tied a few years down the line as I firmly believe they want to get McGeeney back.  I have no issue with that but if that is the agenda about how they are picking a manager, I see it as disgraceful.  Time may prove me wrong and I will support the management no matter what.  I just think he is not up to bringing Armagh forward in the next 2-3 years.

It was Stevie from Killeavy whp pimped O'Rourke for this job,he mentioned him to some players and they laughed at him, he mentioned him to some of the board members and they werent thrilled either, he kept hammering away and got some players to agree and apparently they thought he had no chance and yet here we are.

Murtagh would have been a good choice but now that the board have pissed him off as well we shall never know how good he could have been at the next level.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: naka on October 07, 2009, 12:13:28 PM
guys can we move on--
ANY INFO ON HIS BACKROOM TEAM
i heard a dickybird mentioning a twin--but then was told that the same guy was going to be the next Burren manager,
No we f**king can't move on!
Sure we'll put our heads in the sand, that'll help.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

INDIANA

I thought it was very interesting that Mc Alinden didn't want it. Very interesting. Indicates to me there is bigger problems then just the CB. Just who holds the power in Armagh.

naka

Quote from: INDIANA on October 07, 2009, 06:24:56 PM
I thought it was very interesting that Mc Alinden didn't want it. Very interesting. Indicates to me there is bigger problems then just the CB. Just who holds the power in Armagh.
mc alinden didnt want hte job because he wanted to stay with the u-21s there was no agenda

armaghniac

QuoteI thought it was very interesting that Mc Alinden didn't want it

After all there will be some pretty decent players in the U-21 ranks for the next few seasons.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

I'd imagine POR is struggling hugely to get a backroom team in place that will go some way to appeasing the Armagh supporters ie. at least one Armagh man of considerable standing. Most of the ex-players won't go near the present set-up now that the treatment of loyal Armagh men like Smith, Rafferty, Murtagh etc has been laid bare for all to see.

For those who think that O'Rourke is keeping the hotseat warm for McGeeney to walk into next year then think again because I doubt if McGeeney would go near the county set-up at the moment in its present structure and who could blame him.

Unfortunately its a case of the tail wagging the dog and the real power will continue to lie with a select few in the county board until such time as the status quo ends with a complete cull. Having spoken to a few players past and present it is definitely the case that this appointment was railroaded through without due consideration to the greater well being of Armagh football and was initiated several weeks ago.

bennydorano

I heard McAlinden wont build another team for someone else to cash in on in a few years time, he wants to be the beneficiary fo someone else's groundwork this time - a sensible position to take.

Have to say I'm glad that Donal Murtagh didn't get it.  Always came across as very arrogant to me, his 'we only train half pace' all summer with Cross ballix annoyed me, how can that type of arrogance and lack of respect to the opposition be good in any County manager?(Even though I always thought he was talking shite when he said it).   

IF the players buy into O'Rourke he could do ok, but if a lot of them dont show the required attitude etc.. during the McKenna Cup, early part of the National League, I'd chase them no matter who they are and surround himself with players who'll die for the jersey.  Another year's bitching and backbiting will do no one any good.

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on October 07, 2009, 08:21:42 PM
I heard McAlinden wont build another team for someone else to cash in on in a few years time, he wants to be the beneficiary fo someone else's groundwork this time - a sensible position to take.

Have to say I'm glad that Donal Murtagh didn't get it.  Always came across as very arrogant to me, his 'we only train half pace' all summer with Cross ballix annoyed me, how can that type of arrogance and lack of respect to the opposition be good in any County manager?(Even though I always thought he was talking shite when he said it).   

IF the players buy into O'Rourke he could do ok, but if a lot of them dont show the required attitude etc.. during the McKenna Cup, early part of the National League, I'd chase them no matter who they are and surround himself with players who'll die for the jersey.  Another year's bitching and backbiting will do no one any good.

From what I've been told by several Down men this was O'Rourkes biggest problem in Down. He got too close to the players and give them too much laissez faire hence the reason the players had nothing but praise for him....however no plaudits are gained in management by making friends with the players. The results at the end of the year will be the true gauge of success or failure.

Zapatista

Quote from: yellowcard on October 07, 2009, 08:19:08 PM
Having spoken to a few players past and present it is definitely the case that this appointment was railroaded through without due consideration to the greater well being of Armagh football and was initiated several weeks ago.

How many weeks is several? Did they have a month to think about railroading it?