Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness link=topic=13976.msg656611#msg656611
quote]
POR will be a figurehead, and the driving force of the management team will be the "Dream Team" of Marsden, McGrane,and  McConville
"Dream team"??? That would be a terrible management team.
[/quote]

If they wanted Marden and McGrane to run things they should have given them boys the job. Heard McConville won't be involved now.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 05, 2009, 04:35:10 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 05, 2009, 01:42:53 PM
We would have been safer with Mary O'Rourke FFS. What is going on here? If we had to have an outside manager could we at least not have opted for someone with a track record?

Aidan O'Rourke obviously didnt want it -  Tony get that convertible out next summer and follow Paddy and armagh to the promised land ;D

whats aidan o'rourke got to do with anything?

stew

Quote from: bingobus on October 05, 2009, 01:44:21 PM
This is funny.   ;D  ;D

I don't think the reaction would have been as bad if the Rev Ian Paisley got the job  ;D

At least he is an Armagh man.  :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Dubh driocht

[
Things aren't exactly rosy in Armagh, but it does brighten up the day when an aristocrat comes on and spouts shite! Marty Clarke gets 2-4 against some shitty mountain team and all of a sudden there is a renewed sense of confidence from the creators of football! If I want a history lesson I know who to ask  ::)
[/quote]
Nobody calls the All-Ireland champions a shitty mountain team and gets away with it.Fitzroyalty, stick to the Hatfield because you'll never survive in the Halfway.

Muhammed McCarthy

I think POR will be lucky to last the National League, player revolt on the cards and supporters to boycott games.
Armagh are a laughing stock. >:(

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Muhammed McCarthy on October 05, 2009, 08:40:43 PM
I think POR will be lucky to last the National League, player revolt on the cards and supporters to boycott games.
Player revolt??

By all accounts, the players knew who was going to get the manager's job and approved.

Supporters to boycott games?

That says more about them as supporters than anything else.  I wonder if those people followed their county all through the lean years when we won nathin'
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Sandy Hill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 05, 2009, 06:42:18 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 05, 2009, 03:40:16 PM
QuoteHughie Morgan asked the Armagh strength coach (rugby dude, his name escapes me) how he would like working with POR THREE Weeks ago

Does anyone know Hugh Morgan's football background/pedigree? Surely as sponsor he has no right, I would have thought, to contribute even in a small way to a management appointment; would he also get a say in team selections and tactics? I saw him and O'Rourke together at the Intermediate Final yesterday; seem to be big buddies.

Armagh should do what Killeavey done.
POR will be a figurehead, and the driving force of the management team will be the "Dream Team" of Marsden, McGrane,and  McConville
"Dream team"??? That would be a terrible management team.

Pints, what did Killeavey do?
"Stercus accidit"

pintsofguinness

Ran him when he tried to run the whole show
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: Muhammed McCarthy on October 05, 2009, 08:40:43 PM

The county board are the clampetts here, not O'Rourke.

I talked to a mate today for over an hour on the goings on in our fair county and he tells me the County have gotten their last penny from him AFTER he goes to the county final and he tells me there are a lot of hard core Armagh faithful that wont go back to games until the board is gone.

If I was at home I would be at every game supporting the team regardless of who the manager is, I miss Armagh club and county football more than anything else.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mountainboii

I doubt there'll be many that actually go through with any type of personal boycott next year, but I'd be surprised if attendances don't drop given the widespread disillusionment felt within the county.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: AFS on October 05, 2009, 09:15:55 PM
I doubt there'll be many that actually go through with any type of personal boycott next year, but I'd be surprised if attendances don't drop given the widespread disillusionment felt within the county.
Depends on the first few performances I'd say. 
There's a lot of pissed off people. 

naka

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 05, 2009, 09:29:41 PM
says a lot about our support if that is true, i remember 82-99 when we won fk all but we had a great support, maybe we can get back to the days when the true supporters turn up

pintsofguinness

Quote from: naka on October 05, 2009, 09:47:03 PM
says a lot about our support if that is true, i remember 82-99 when we won fk all but we had a great support, maybe we can get back to the days when the true supporters turn up
I dont think it's about winning f**k all.
It's about being angry about what has happened.

ardmhachaabu

+1  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mountainboii

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 05, 2009, 09:57:58 PM
I dont think it's about winning f**k all.
It's about being angry about what has happened.

That's it. Most supporters are wise enough to know we're not going to do much for the forseeable future, attendances won't suffer unduly because of lack of success. They may suffer because a lot of people are completely fucked off with the shady dealings and personal agendas being allowed to flourish to the detriment of football in our county.