The 26 County Lisbon Treaty Poll

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, September 30, 2009, 12:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The EDITED - Will you be voting Yes or No to the Lisbon Treaty (26 County only)

Republic - Yes
20 (39.2%)
Republic - No
20 (39.2%)
Republic - Unsure
2 (3.9%)
Northern - Yes
2 (3.9%)
Northern-  No
6 (11.8%)
Northern - Unsure
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: October 03, 2009, 12:24:20 AM

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: haveaharp on October 05, 2009, 12:52:50 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 05, 2009, 12:08:56 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 05, 2009, 09:55:29 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 04, 2009, 11:23:49 PM
We may not have changed the result, but at least Donegal voted NO, Life will never be the same. You idiots.

It's funny when I saw the results I thought how embarrassing it would be to be from Donegal. I also thought You idiots (Donegal).

Time will tell who the real idiots are.

Was at a wedding recently and got talking to a fisherman from Westport, he was a staunch FG'er but vehemently against Lisbon, he felt if the Treaty went ahead he was going to be out of a job within 2 years. This fella employs a number of men in a family business, so his loss will have repercussions!
But sure Michael O'Leary said vote yes so it must have been the right thing to do.

Fishing quotas are there for a very good reason

They are indeed, but isn't it a shame that Irelands (an island) fishing fleet has been decimated while the Spanish rape the waters around our shores.
Tbc....

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 05, 2009, 01:42:34 PM
We may not have changed the result, but at least Donegal voted NO, Life will never be the same. You idiots.

It's funny when I saw the results I thought how embarrassing it would be to be from Donegal. I also thought You idiots (Donegal).

Was at a wedding recently and got talking to a fisherman from Westport, he was a staunch FG'er but vehemently against Lisbon, he felt if the Treaty went ahead he was going to be out of a job within 2 years. This fella employs a number of men in a family business, so his loss will have repercussions!
But sure Michael O'Leary said vote yes so it must have been the right thing to do.

They are indeed, but isn't it a shame that Irelands (an island) fishing fleet has been decimated while the Spanish rape the waters around our shores.

Ya but we got revenge along with the Brits & Germans, by ruining their entire Islands & Coast & sticking our flags out of every window & balcony.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 04, 2009, 04:47:56 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 04, 2009, 02:17:58 PM
Yesterday was a sad and depressing day for Ireland. I'm gutted. The only conclusion I can come to is we are a nation of cowardly idiots who deserve the poorly governed, wasteful country we have.

67.1% of the electorate disagree.
Yesteday was an uplifting and cheerful day for Ireland. I'm delighted.
People who vote for Fianna Fail - The only conclusion I can come to is we are a nation of cowardly idiots who deserve the poorly governed, wasteful country we have.

You're not big on originality are you? Did someone tell you how to post back the same way you got told how to vote?

Just waiting for the massive jobs announcements to roll in. Any minute now I'd say.

muppet

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 05, 2009, 01:42:34 PM

The Spanish have always taken more fish out of our waters than ourselves. While we lived on potatoes for hundreds of years the Spanish fished our waters more than us.

I voted against Lisbon.

But it was carried. That is democracy and the alternative to that is not an option. I think we will certainly have to keep a close eye on the direction Europe is moving but I think there is too much Nationalism around these days, especially in a recession, for the Beurocrats to get much further.

Also calling everyone who disagrees with you or voted the other way idiots is hardly going to achieve anything other than accusations of sour grapes.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 05, 2009, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 04, 2009, 04:47:56 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 04, 2009, 02:17:58 PM
Yesterday was a sad and depressing day for Ireland. I'm gutted. The only conclusion I can come to is we are a nation of cowardly idiots who deserve the poorly governed, wasteful country we have.

67.1% of the electorate disagree.
Yesteday was an uplifting and cheerful day for Ireland. I'm delighted.
People who vote for Fianna Fail - The only conclusion I can come to is we are a nation of cowardly idiots who deserve the poorly governed, wasteful country we have.

You're not big on originality are you? Did someone tell you how to post back the same way you got told how to vote?

Just waiting for the massive jobs announcements to roll in. Any minute now I'd say.

A Magpie sure won't there be plenty of job opportunities for all, we have the European Army we must join, or we could work in all those Abortion Clinics that will be mandatory in every parish, of course every employer will be able to hire 7 extra employees when all our wages are cut to €1.84 per hour. We can set up Arms manufacturing businesses to sell to our potential customers in the U.S., Russia, China, Darfur, Iraq, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia etc. There will be plenty of opportunities for second hand car dealers to become second hand arms dealers, buying weapons from Martin McGuinness & Gerry Adams. Of course Sinn Fein could raise money for the next election by selling some of their weapons.

Look at all the opportunities Lisbon will bring us right away.

Zapatista

Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2009, 02:36:34 PM
I think there is too much Nationalism around these days, especially in a recession, for the Beurocrats to get much further.

Not when it's the beurocrats who define nationalism. Remember, Proud to be Irish and Proud to be European ;) wait untill we see how much this bull it repeated over the next few years. The Irish are proud Europeans! We may have just witnessed the birth of our new mother country and we should defend it with pride and courage! Nationalism is a load of bollix!

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on October 05, 2009, 03:35:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2009, 02:36:34 PM
I think there is too much Nationalism around these days, especially in a recession, for the Beurocrats to get much further.

Not when it's the beurocrats who define nationalism. Remember, Proud to be Irish and Proud to be European ;) wait untill we see how much this bull it repeated over the next few years. The Irish are proud Europeans! We may have just witnessed the birth of our new mother country and we should defend it with pride and courage! Nationalism is a load of bollix!

Not in Germany, Britain, most of Eastern Eruope and a lot of other EU countries it isn't.
MWWSI 2017

Zapatista

Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2009, 03:58:01 PM
Not in Germany, Britain, most of Eastern Eruope and a lot of other EU countries it isn't.

German and British Nationalism has been a stain on this planet for centuries not to mention Spanish and French. Most Eastern European were either German or Russian Nationals at one time and many of them struggle with nationalism yet. Some have been part of the USSR then part of a smaller nation then divided up again into smaller nations. Maybe they'll all join up again and become part of an EU nation.

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on October 05, 2009, 04:23:14 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2009, 03:58:01 PM

German and British Nationalism has been a stain on this planet for centuries not to mention Spanish and French. Most Eastern European were either German or Russian Nationals at one time and many of them struggle with nationalism yet. Some have been part of the USSR then part of a smaller nation then divided up again into smaller nations. Maybe they'll all join up again and become part of an EU nation.

This is a slight over-simplification of centuries of history.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

mayogodhelpyou, why was the Yes vote such a delightful day for Ireland?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

no mo do yakamo

Would it be democratic to vote an end to democracy?
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on October 05, 2009, 07:15:41 PM

Please tell me thats a joke Armaghniac, if yes its funny, if not its bloody hillarious.

Zapatista

The Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan said on RTE today "we never promised jobs in the result of a Yes vote".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiannafail/3946820635/

Less than a week after Lisbon

Aer Lingus managers have briefed staff on details of the airline's cost-cutting plan that will see more than 670 workers losing their jobs.

O'Leary will be delighted.

130 jobs to be lost in Shannon region

Wednesday, 7 October 2009
The euro zone economy shrank in the second quarter by a greater margin than initially thought, revised official EU statistics show today.

I wonder if it is by chance that this was announced after Lisbon?

Gnevin

Quote from: Zapatista on October 08, 2009, 07:35:26 AM

The Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan said on RTE today "we never promised jobs in the result of a Yes vote".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiannafail/3946820635/

Less than a week after Lisbon

Aer Lingus managers have briefed staff on details of the airline's cost-cutting plan that will see more than 670 workers losing their jobs.

O'Leary will be delighted.

130 jobs to be lost in Shannon region

Wednesday, 7 October 2009
The euro zone economy shrank in the second quarter by a greater margin than initially thought, revised official EU statistics show today.

I wonder if it is by chance that this was announced after Lisbon?

Also less than a week after lisbon
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/DN-quake_08int.ART.State.Edition1.4c1b69e.html
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.