Youtube

Started by maggie, September 21, 2009, 10:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Is there a way you can save a video from youtube onto a memory stick and play it at school. Youtube itself is blocked by the powers that be.

Any help would be appreciated as i am a technologically challenged person.

vav

I know this isn't exactly what ya asked for but I have used this program to take the song off a youtube video and convert it to mp3 on occasion.. and I think theres a program there too take the video off.. though how legal it is I don't know  :-\ .. so scratch that.. I've never used it!!   ;)

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/index.htm

pintsofguinness

You can download a you tube downloader - it allows you to download the video and save it. It'll play in a media player then.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

maggie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 21, 2009, 11:12:22 PM
You can download a you tube downloader - it allows you to download the video and save it. It'll play in a media player then.

Do u just google 'youtube downloader'? Have a feeling it might be blocked also but will give it a go.
Thanks pints

Orior

Aye, but if you download music using that, it always seems to be about 8Mb?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maggie on September 21, 2009, 11:14:33 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 21, 2009, 11:12:22 PM

Do u just google 'youtube downloader'? Have a feeling it might be blocked also but will give it a go.
Thanks pints
I've got it on my computer and that's what it seems to be called, can't remember where I found it but it works great, I've downloaded loads of videos, converted stuff to mp3  too.  Great wee programme. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

Realplayer will download stuff from Youtube.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

vav

there's a youtube downloader on that dvdsoft site

amallon

This site will allow you to save youtube clips.

http://keepvid.com/

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

The Claw

As was said, download realplayer and whenever you hover your mouse over a video, it will give you the option to download the video. Very simple