Where to watch match in Edinburgh?

Started by Zulu, September 15, 2009, 08:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I'm in Edinburgh for the match, does anyone know where is the best place to watch it and will they show the minor game? Thanks.

the colonel

Dropkick Murphys, id say they will show minor also, get there early though, will be packed
the difference between success and failure is energy

Kerry Mike

QuoteI'm in Edinburgh for the match

I suppose with the strike and all the goings on earlier in the year there were not too many Langers planning on being in Croke Park on the 3rd Sunday in September, but thats the joys of it  ;)

Sorry can't help you on E'burgh, but hope you get to see it, should make a cracking game, enjoy.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Zulu

Jaysus Mike I'm not a langer at all, I lived and played ball there for a few years alright but I ain't a Cork man  :D. Should be a cracking game and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

QuoteDropkick Murphys, id say they will show minor also, get there early though, will be packed

Thanks buddy.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Zulu on September 15, 2009, 08:49:01 PM
Jaysus Mike I'm not a langer at all, I lived and played ball there for a few years alright but I ain't a Cork man  :D. Should be a cracking game and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

QuoteDropkick Murphys, id say they will show minor also, get there early though, will be packed

Thanks buddy.

Zulu, what are your thoughts on the game?  I know that you liked Cork from an early stage this year.

Will they have too much for Kerry or do they not have it "upstairs"?

Kerry Mike

Quotebut I ain't a Cork man

Nothing worse then being called a langer when its not deserved.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Zulu

QuoteNothing worse then being called a langer when its not deserved.

:D ;)

QuoteZulu, what are your thoughts on the game?  I know that you liked Cork from an early stage this year.

Will they have too much for Kerry or do they not have it "upstairs"?

Joe I expect Cork to win by 3 or 4 points if I'm being honest, I know you can never dismiss Kerry but they have only played one decent championship game all year IMO and I watched that one again and I didn't think Kerry were as impressive as some commentators made out. I also don't think Cork have any psychological issues with Kerry in CP, they were hammered in the 2007 final and 2006 semi final because they simply were'nt good enough for Kerry. Some of the Cork players from those teams wouldn't even make the Cork panel now let alone the team. I don't rate Griffen at FB, futher out the field yes but at 3 no, and he'll be marking a superstar of the future in O'Neill. Mike McCarthy on Pierce O'Neill is another mismatch for me and could be telling. Donnacha Walsh isn't a Kerry IC footballer IMO and the form of the other forwards has been patchy. I think this Sunday will see the coronation of the new superpower in football and for the next few years Cork will be the team to measure yourself against.

Owenbeg

Quote from: Zulu on September 15, 2009, 08:03:25 PM
I'm in Edinburgh for the match, does anyone know where is the best place to watch it and will they show the minor game? Thanks.

Watched the minor and senior hurling games in Biddy Mullligans which is in the grass market area which is easy enough to find. Couldnt find dropkick murphys, but the atmosphere in Biddy's was brilliant during the hurling final.But the football team in edinburgh is sponsored by Dropkick murphys so mite try and find it this weekend!!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Dropkick's is about 2 minutes away from Biddy Mulligans! Finnegans Wake is another closeby but the best atmosphere will be in Dropkicks.

KingLarsson

Biddys or Dropkicks, both will show minors also. Finnegans burnt down last xmas.
Personally id recommend biddys, but it will be packed.