County Finals

Started by Lecale2, September 15, 2009, 08:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldengreen

DONEGAL Senoir Final Oct 4th MacCumhaill Park

St. Eunans (Letterkenny) V's Naomh Conaill (Glenties)

Lecale2

Any results from the weekend or fixtures for next week?

In Ulster hurling there were wins for Dunloy (Antrim), Ballycran (Down), Dungannon (Tyrone) and the Derry fional ended in a draw.

Any others?

Farrandeelin

Connacht football.

Castlerea St Kevin's (Roscommon) and Glencar-Manorhamilton (Leitrim) both won their county finals.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lecale2

Were Ballaghadereen beat in Roscommon? I thought they were big favorites.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 28, 2009, 10:16:25 PM

They were beaten alright. But they were beaten in Mayo. Don't ask.

Eastern Harps v Tourlestrane in the Sligo final next Sunday.

jonb_cúl

Cavan Senior County Final

4pm Sunday 4th Oct

Cavan Gaels Vrs, Denn
Kingspan Breffni Park

You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 28, 2009, 11:35:23 PM

They were beaten alright. But they were beaten in Mayo. Don't ask.
Eastern Harps v Tourlestrane in the Sligo final next Sunday.

Ballaghaderreen play their football in Mayo because their club was founded in 1892 and Ballaghaderreen was moved into Ros territory in 1898. They did apply to the Roscommon county board but were rejected, so continued to play with Mayo. Their players also play with Mayo somehting which galls Rossfan and the likes! :D

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2009, 09:23:21 AM
[. Their players also play with Mayo somehting which galls Rossfan and the likes! :D

They have no choice unless they move away and join another club.
It galls Andy Moran too and Hanley who ran off to Oz  to avoid further wearing of the rhubarb. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on September 29, 2009, 06:27:29 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2009, 09:23:21 AM
[. Their players also play with Mayo somehting which galls Rossfan and the likes! :D

They have no choice unless they move away and join another club.
It galls Andy Moran too and Hanley who ran off to Oz  to avoid further wearing of the rhubarb. :D

Pearce Hanley: Read what he says in the Australian papers, he has a desire to return someday to play for his club Ballaghadereen and his home county, MAYO.  ;D

Andy Moran seems very happy to be playing for the Glorious Green & Red rather than the Sheepstealers.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Ballagh is Mayo and always will be, the Mayo Nationalist community are oppressed by the minority Roscommon Loyalist community, only Government buildings fly the butchers apron of Primrose and Blue. All the other buildings fly the Green & Red of Mayo.

I noticed recenty while parked in the town that not alone did MO regs, outnumber the Rossie ones, but the second most common regs in the town where SO of Sligo.

Rossfan

Andy Moran can NOT play for Ros unless he moves to another part of the County and transfers to that club.
P Hanley cannot go HOME to Mayo because he doesnt come from Mayo.
Second hand Car reg nos. dont signify anything. Any one who can afford a new car in Ballagh gets a RN Reg.
Lots of patriots fly the Ros flag in Ballagh to signify their support for their home County. Only the Traitorous Durkans seems to have the rhubarb flying which is pitiful.
Many other Patriots refused to have the rhubarb any where near their premises before ye're All Ireland Final appearances( ahem ) in 04 or 06 and still glory in the tales of how they prevented it from appearing.  ;D
Anyway the bottom line is that Ros has only one team in the Connacht Club Championship this year and I suspect they will go the same way as our two teams did last year ...early exits.
To the Tyrone lad who enquired earlier the Inter Final is in the Hyde Sunday at 3.30.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Well while driving up to the All-Ireland Final this year, the vast majority of houses around Ballagh bewteen Charlestown turn off and Frenchpark seemed to have Green & Red flying. I wonder when the 12 Rossies living in the region will go home to Frenchpark. I do remember 1996 when heading up to the final all the kirbstones in Ballagh where painted Green & Red, a building site in the middle of town painted the boards around the site Green & Red, and the locals erected their own signs a few kilometres East of Ballagh saying Welcome to Roscommon, you are now leaving Mayo & in the opposite direction they had a sign saying welcome to Mayo, if I can recollect the Ros.Co.Co. sign was covered over.

Farrandeelin

Oh dear, I must have done something wrong by bring up the Ballagh debate again! :D

GalwayBayBoy

Like two bald men fighting over a comb.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 29, 2009, 09:27:37 PM
Like two bald men fighting over a comb.

Inisbofin back to Mayo too, they Mayo supporters over there anyways.