No, I hope they crash and burn
56 (62.9%)
Indifferent
18 (20.2%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: September 17, 2009, 11:20:08 AM

AZOffaly

Quote from: rolloutking on September 10, 2009, 12:49:34 PM
QuoteThe one good thing about them qualifying is that (if Ireland didn't qualify) I'd still have 3 teams to cheer on at least.

You just said  that because your looking someone to ask you how you still have three teams to cheer even though Ireland arn't in it.

Que some story about how your Da is from France and your Ma is from Spain or something

No, it's the other 3 teams in England's group I assume.

redhugh

Don't wish them well at all.Having said that it always makes for a better tournament when they qualify - if only to see them loose their bottle and get dumped on their holes by the Argies/Germans/Portuguese. :D

ziggysego

That would be a NO! I'm not a soccer fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I hope England crash out early. Hopefully with OWC & Ireland progressing further, if they make it to South Africa.
Testing Accessibility

deiseach

QuoteThe one good thing about them qualifying is that (if Ireland didn't qualify) I'd still have 3 teams to cheer on at least.

You just said  that because your looking someone to ask you how you still have three teams to cheer even though Ireland arn't in it.

Que some story about how your Da is from France and your Ma is from Spain or something

Or perhaps he'll be rooting for the other three teams in England's group?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

:D :D Three teams in the group stages you balloon!  :D :D
Tbc....

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on September 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM
That would be a NO! I'm not a soccer fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I hope England crash out early. Hopefully with OWC & Ireland progressing further, if they make it to South Africa.

You certainly arent a soccer fan ziggy

Main Street

As a tv consumer fan of leading EPL teams such as Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea, I certainly extend fulsome support to the representative team of the federation that is linked to the league I adore.

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on September 10, 2009, 11:20:08 AM
I know what most answers are going to be but as someone who once fervently hoped they'd be whipped in every game yet found himself grinning like a Cheshire cat last night as they rained goals on Croatia, I'm curious as to what the scale of the antipathy is

Worryingly I felt the same Deiseach. Are there any tablets we can get?

longrunsthefox

The best night of the World Cup is when they go out on penalties and the players cry and their supporters cry and wreck all around them. I can't wait. 
Hopefully it will be Lampard misses this time...  :P

Doogie Browser

Quote from: longrunsthefox on September 10, 2009, 01:00:35 PM
The best night of the World Cup is when they go out on penalties and the players cry and their supporters cry and wreck all around them. I can’t wait. 
Hopefully it will be Lampard misses this time...  :P
Lampard and thie misses broke up recently...ok I am just putting my jacket on  :-[

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on September 10, 2009, 11:20:08 AM
I know what most answers are going to be but as someone who once fervently hoped they'd be whipped in every game yet found himself grinning like a Cheshire cat last night as they rained goals on Croatia, I'm curious as to what the scale of the antipathy is

What were you smoking?
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

I always find it puzzling how so many Irish people will support English teams like Liverpool and Manchester United but then when the likes of Gerrard and Rooney represent their national team, the same people will support any mickey mouse nation against their heroes. I don't really follow the soccer circus closely so I don't really give a fiddlers how the English soccer team do. I'd feel the same way about the Irish team as well.

It doesn't bother me to see the Sasanach succeed in sport. I've great time for English rugby supporters who are a decent bunch in my experience. Most of them from the west country are great craic and I'd have much more time for them than I'd have for the Scots or the Welsh.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GalwayBayBoy

They are already banging on about winning the World Cup and that's just the start of 9 months of it so no I hope they they crash and burn in comedy fashion.

The players I don't mind so much but most of the pundits and tabloid hacks would sicken your hole. The worst thing about England winning the world cup would be seeing smug arsehole journalists like Martin Samuels, Sean Custis, Steve Curry, Brian Woolnough and Joe Lovejoy revelling in it.

Not to mention Jimmy Hill and Ian Wright. ;D

deiseach

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 10, 2009, 01:15:16 PM
The players I don't mind so much but most of the pundits and tabloid hacks would sicken your hole. The worst thing about England winning the world cup would be seeing smug arsehole journalists like Martin Samuels, Sean Custis, Steve Curry, Brian Woolnough and Joe Lovejoy revelling in it.

Ugh. You make a good point. I feel dirty . . .

Sandino

I agree with Hollow's first paragraph RE; premier league clubs.  I personally dont give a toss about  the World Cup, penalty shootouts are the only bits of craic i enjoy. BTY cant see the argies making it.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''